Not diet related...

13»

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    I used to be one of those girls who was looking for love in all the wrong places. I finally came to a point in my life where Jesus WAS enough for me. At that point, I was finally happy with not having a boyfriend and trying to feel like I was worth something based on if I had some guy say he loved me.

About 6 months later I met the man who would become my husband. I did not chose him...he certainly was not my type, but the bottom line is that God, my heavenly Father chose a husband for me...(who knows better than God my needs and wants). Dave, my husband, has been above and beyond what I ever hoped for in a husband. Don't get me wrong, we have our problems just like every other marriage out there, but I KNOW that he was God's PERFECT choice for ME.

My suggestion is to let go of the guy who you are not happy with and focus on becoming a whole person through a personal relationship with Jesus. NO ONE will ever meet all your needs...the man in your life, your husband, your children...NO ONE. Only Jesus can meet all your needs. Trust Him to do that. I know it is hard, but it is sooooo worth it. God is so good! I am overwhelmed just thinking about how good and gracious He is.

I will be praying for you.
  • this book he's just not that into will change in prospective of men in general :)
    its a great book also its funny in some phrases you might also find it funny :)

i learned a lot about myself and men in general :)

DUMP HIM!!!! he isnt worth your time.
    im sorry you had to go through that though.

i love you chica. keep strong you will find that man that will love you for entirety
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    thank you all.....i cry daily over this and i'm sick of crying and trying to make this work. i'm about ready to make my decision.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    He sounds like a real tool! Dump him! Don't call, email, or text him again. He'll get the hint. You and your girls deserve better! :flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    People will treat you how you allow them to treat you.

Kick this *kitten* far away, and go after what you deserve. Being happy alone is the first step...
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    I've read a lot of people who are putting in "HE IS JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU" Reference the simple fact is "HE IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!!" and about him saying "see where it is going BLAH BLAH BLAH", you what they say about " #@*& or get off the pot. Moving on is hard but the rewards can be great.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    I dated a guy once who told me I was on the "5 year plan", we broke up shortly after. 9 month into dating my husband and I had an engagement ring on my finger. What I'm saying, is that if he really loves you and wants to be with you he wouldn't be playing around with your heart like this.
  • electricgypsy
    electricgypsy Posts: 32 Member
    you deserve to be happy, its your right and not only do you owe to yourself but your children too. :flowerforyou: no-one who truly cares for you would make you unhappy. there's no shame in being alone for awhile, be brave. :happy:
  • I'm almost 40 and afraid to start the dating scene again, I'm also afraid to be alone.

This statement right here says to me, "Its time to be alone."

I've been single for about 5-6 years now. I get lots of remarks, offers to "hook" me up, and even asked if I'm a lesbian. This used to really hurt me, I felt like a freak of nature for being alone. But I noticed something. All those people who think I'm wrong for CHOOSING to be single and focus on myself, they are all in and out of one miserable relationship after another. I'm not settling, I know what I want and I can have it because I'm not tied down. When Mr. Right comes along, I'll be mentally, physically, financially, and emotionally ready to jump right in with no reservations. And if it doesn't work, I'll know myself enough to recognize what my needs are and strong enough to walk away if neccessary.

Whats my point? This is your world, your life, and your decision. Women CAN stand alone. We don't need a man on our arm to complete us. When you have mastered being alone.... entertaining yourself, depending on yourself mentally, physically, financially, etc.... only then will you really appreciate being together (with anyone). Because by then, you will want a partner in life, a companion. Right now, you're just looking for a boyfriend because thats what women are supposed to do. Break out of the cycle. Its OK to be alone! Show your kids that women of today are strong and independent and do NOT need to settle for anyone or anything!

Good luck to you! You are so strong and amazing. You can do anything you want to do!
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    I'm really sorry to hear about this :(

I hope you end it swiftly...all the time you waste on the wrong person can cost you a chance encounter with the right person - some things just don't need compromising.
This discussion has been closed.