whats the beef on well...beef...

Options

Replies

• live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    because cows are my friends and i don't eat my friends.

MostPreciousCow.jpg

(I am someone, not something)
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options

MostPreciousCow.jpg

omg most adorable cow ever!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I find I feel a lot better when I eat it regularly, maybe I'm anemic or something. Mostly lean ground beef but also the occasional roast or steak. Om nom nom.

Same here. I wake up with more energy the morning after I have a steak. I usually eat beef for dinner once a week. Most other days it's chicken, fish or vegetarian. But I do feel more of a zing after eating red meat.
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

MostPreciousCow.jpg

Same here. :) Animals are our friends and deserve to be treated well. Eating any cow would be just like eating my beloved dog. It's wrong but that's just my opinion.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

MostPreciousCow.jpg

Same here. :) Animals are our friends and deserve to be treated well. Eating any cow would be just like eating my beloved dog. It's wrong but that's just my opinion.

Hmmm all I see is a rib eye or filet mignon.....Humans are at the top of the food chain, deal with it...
  • Minerva624
    Options
    Dude, I said it was my opinion. I wasn't being rude. I'm not going to "deal with it" either. What's the deal with meat eaters getting all touchy when it comes to vegetarians kindly expressing why they don't eat meat?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Dude, I said it was my opinion. I wasn't being rude. I'm not going to "deal with it" either. What's the deal with meat eaters getting all touchy when it comes to vegetarians kindly expressing why they don't eat meat?

you said "animals are our friends and should be treated like one" I mearly pointed that humans are at the top of the food chain, and the illogical point that a carnivouer treating an animal like a "friend". I dont care what vegetarians do ..just don't tell me that I am somehow being mean to animals becuase I am at the top of the food chain and like meat...
  • Minerva624
    Options
    Okay, first of all I said animals deserve to be treated well not "animals are our friends and should be treated like one." Second, I never bash meat eaters for liking meat nor do I think of them as mean. Not all vegetarians are preachy and judgmental. Live and let live.
  • ndj1979
    Options

MostPreciousCow.jpg

that is your exact quote...."animals are our friends...

so yes, you did say that...
  • Minerva624
    Options
    Yes, I did say that. I misread your paraphrase of that quote.
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    I wish I could eat a big fat ribeye every day of my life. I love love love it rare baby!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

you said "animals are our friends and should be treated like one" I mearly pointed that humans are at the top of the food chain, and the illogical point that a carnivouer treating an animal like a "friend". I dont care what vegetarians do ..just don't tell me that I am somehow being mean to animals becuase I am at the top of the food chain and like meat...

Seriously grow the heck up dude. She just said HER opinion, she didn't ask for a stupid remark about meat or where humans are on the food chain, Some people don't eat meat, DEAL WITH IT.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Seriously grow the heck up dude. She just said HER opinion, she didn't ask for a stupid remark about meat or where humans are on the food chain, Some people don't eat meat, DEAL WITH IT.

right and I responded with my opinion ...so hers is superior to mine?

Also, if you are a vegetarian why comment on a beef thread..?
  • ndj1979
    Options

you were obnoxious, rude and disrespectful. so yes, hers IS superior to yours if for no other reason than presentation.

Ummmm no, I simply replied to "treating animals as friends"
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options

No one said hers was superior, but she didn't ask for you to tell her about the food chain did she?

And the OP wanted to know why people here avoid beef, being vegetarian is a legit reason.
  • ndj1979
    Options

No one said hers was superior, but she didn't ask for you to tell her about the food chain did she?

And the OP wanted to know why people here avoid beef, being vegetarian is a legit reason.

umm I was the OP and my main curiosity in posting was due to posts I have seen on here as related to people who say they avoid meat for health reasons..I was not really concerned with it from a vegetarian perspective...
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

umm I was the OP and my main curiosity in posting was due to posts I have seen on here as related to people who say they avoid meat for health reasons..I was not really concerned with it from a vegetarian perspective...

then you should have been a bit more specific, huh?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Seeing a lot of posts about "I avoid red meat" and bla bla bla....

Just curious if you are avoiding it, why? I eat some form of steak at least once a week...its high in protein and pretty reasonable on calorie and fat intake..

^ that was my original post...I thought it was pretty clear...
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I don't limit my beef intake by anything other than my budget! We buy pastured (grass-fed) beef that has been raised locally and it costs a pretty penny so I rarely get to eat a rib eye :p. We eat a lot of lean ground chuck that we mince ourselves. I make all our burger patties and meatballs and meatloaf out of this. We eat a lot of eggs because my MIL keeps chickens. I think we go through about 36/week!!!! I would eat more beef if it were less expensive, nothing against beef here. We also have a fair bit of lamb and pork. We don't discriminate lol