Dancing for daily cardio.... Who would've known it'd work so

Options

Replies

• xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Funny you bring this up. A few days ago I had the house to myself, so I put the blinds down and turned on the tv to music channels and worked up a sweat super fast. I love to dance but because I'm pretty overweight don't feel comfortable doing it in front of people, but in the privacy of my own home, well, I shake it like a polaroid picture. Keep dancing!

LOOOOVE THIS!
    And love this post!

Im gonna give it a go tomorrow, as I usually like to clean the house to music but this sounds waaaaay more fun!

great....welcome:smile:
  • kjrosa
    kjrosa Posts: 34
    Options
    Just finished my last round of dancing for the day. I put in a personal CD mix of Gloria Estefan; about 5min into the CD my youngest son sat down on the couch and crashed and my oldest so decided to stop dancing and take a bath. So I ended up walking back and forth doing the conga while carrying my daughter for an hour; I really feel it in my abs!

WOW...What a work out; I'm spent :yawn:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Haha the kids are worn out and mama's still going! I love it! Good job.....and I feel it in my ab's the most too!:smile:
  • kjrosa
    kjrosa Posts: 34
    Options
    Thank you for putting this group together! Shedding the lbs is going to be much funner this time around! In the past I've been just using my treadmill and cleaning as my exercise.

Yeah to getting fit abs =D
  • Islandgirl3747
    Options
    Hello from the Cayman Islands

I am new here, just joined 5 mins ago. I love to dance and hate to "exercise" at least the traditional way...to me its so boring...but Dancing I can do....

I will start as soon as I am home from the office.....

Thanks for starting such a fun group
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, What a great idea, I also love to dance and would like to join in but I have not been very well this past week and I'm now left with a cough on any exertion :sad: but hopefully it will be better tomorrow and I will give it a go :bigsmile: sooooo looking forward to it .

sw weight with mfp and heaviest 164.5 on 1/12/10

cw weight...........139

goal weight........126
  • Costabarnet
    Options
    Hello! Just thought I would have a peek at the message board and you all sound a happy bunch! I will definetly have a dance this week. :wink:
  • mspraul
    mspraul Posts: 21
    Options
    I teach a step class out here in LA four times a week, but it is a very dancy class -- lots of choreography, shaking those hips, working the attitude, etc. I have a lot of folks that come in and feel overwhelmed at first, but they really start to pick it up once they relax and give themselves a few classes to let things sink in.

Bottom line, dancing is a wonderful way to burn off calories. It's a great way to detox the body and get rid of all that nasty stress. And it's one of the best forms of expression I can think of.

I encourage everyone to get out there -- at the club, in your house, at a class, etc. -- to take a little step out of your comfort zone and let yourself go a bit.

You'll be very happy you did.

(Been on the site for a while but I was so compelled by the topic that it's my first time posting.)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    :happy:
    Hello from the Cayman Islands

I am new here, just joined 5 mins ago. I love to dance and hate to "exercise" at least the traditional way...to me its so boring...but Dancing I can do....

I will start as soon as I am home from the office.....

Thanks for starting such a fun group

No problem! It's my favorite kind of excersice :) Tomorrow! (I didn't have time today b/c my gram's is coming to town tomorrow) I will introduce the diet I'm on! Cayman islands! That's neat! So glad you chose our group! Hope you have fun and boogie oogie oogie those pounds away! The fun way of course:happy: :happy:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hi, What a great idea, I also love to dance and would like to join in but I have not been very well this past week and I'm now left with a cough on any exertion :sad: but hopefully it will be better tomorrow and I will give it a go :bigsmile: sooooo looking forward to it .

sw weight with mfp and heaviest 164.5 on 1/12/10

cw weight...........139

goal weight........126

WELCOME
    Well you get better! We'll be here, we're not going anywhere Greta to have you with us!:happy:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hello! Just thought I would have a peek at the message board and you all sound a happy bunch! I will definetly have a dance this week. :wink:

GREAT! Have a dance on us...lol!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I teach a step class out here in LA four times a week, but it is a very dancy class -- lots of choreography, shaking those hips, working the attitude, etc. I have a lot of folks that come in and feel overwhelmed at first, but they really start to pick it up once they relax and give themselves a few classes to let things sink in.

Bottom line, dancing is a wonderful way to burn off calories. It's a great way to detox the body and get rid of all that nasty stress. And it's one of the best forms of expression I can think of.

I encourage everyone to get out there -- at the club, in your house, at a class, etc. -- to take a little step out of your comfort zone and let yourself go a bit.

You'll be very happy you did.

(Been on the site for a while but I was so compelled by the topic that it's my first time posting.)

HI, So nice to hear from you! Step class, that sounds exciting! I attended tap, ballet and jazz school for 11yrs and agree completely with what you have said! A GREAT way to rid yourslef ofstress and burn calories!!!! Happy dancing:happy:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Hope everyone has a great night! I'm so happy to have all of this support from all of you wonderful, fun women! I think were all going to have lot's of fun, and will be able to motivate eachother in the silliest of ways. HAPPY DANCING LADIES! xo
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Okay I did a straight 35 mins. Cha cha slide, cupid shuffle and down south shuffle. Faded by SoulDecision, Damaged by Danity Kane, Family Affair by Mary J. Blige, Forever by Chris Brown, Faith by George Micheal

I danced and intermixed it with jumping jacks, lunges, squats to keep my heart rate up.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Okay I did a straight 35 mins. Cha cha slide, cupid shuffle and down south shuffle. Faded by SoulDecision, Damaged by Danity Kane, Family Affair by Mary J. Blige, Forever by Chris Brown, Faith by George Micheal

I danced and intermixed it with jumping jacks, lunges, squats to keep my heart rate up.

THATS GREAT! Keep it up! I love the Cha-Cha Slide btw one of my faves to dance to also! GREAT idea throwing in some jumping jacks lunges and squats. I'm going to do that tomorrow when there's a slower part in the song or my heart rate slows down! Hope you have a GREAT NIGHT!
  • needtodoitforhealth
    Options
    Saw this and I am very excited to meet the challenge. Down loading some new tunes on my ipod and will start dancing the weight off. Thanks Deanna for starting this.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Oh, want in on this.... too fun!!!!
    I love to dance like no one's watching ~ what did we agree on 30min by Frdiay??

Count me in!!

Woop!
  • all4tjs
    all4tjs Posts: 51
    Options
    I love dancing too! Will have to try zumba out :)
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Great! My hubby bought me a dancing with stars workout video so hopefully it helps!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Saw this and I am very excited to meet the challenge. Down loading some new tunes on my ipod and will start dancing the weight off. Thanks Deanna for starting this.

Your very welcome! Very happy to share! I know how hard it is to be a busy mom, or just a busy woman in general and needed something to up my cardio. My family and I love to dance, so why not! Welcome and happy dancing. I look forward to us all sharing our weight loss stories in...ehhhh hopefully a month or so we can start sharing our achievments! WE CAN DO IT!!! :happy: