Picking up women at the gym?

Options

Replies

• rockon77
    rockon77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.

So is it not ok to hit on women at work, schools, bars, or any other place apart from designated areas?

Where are these designated areas?

You can form friendships and be respectful to earn a date to a restaurant, bar, bowling ally, movie theater, etc. There is a difference between talking, saying hi, etc versus hitting on someone (people have suggested some really dirty, sexual things on here). Like the other person said, when she goes to the gym, she wants to workout and that's it. Most people wouldn't pay hundreds of dollars for a gym and then just sit around being flirty. That's just stupid, and I pity anyone who acts like that.
  • Talleifer
    Talleifer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ladies, if I correct your form, it's not because I want to sleep with you (it may be true, but that's not the reason). It's because your form sucks and you could hurt yourself. If you have great form, I wouldn't correct it. I also wouldn't give out random "tips" to girls I would bang in a gym, but that's just me. I use my willpower, like a jedi. Works every time.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    so a bar is used as a place to serve alcohol so dont hit on women there
    a club is designed to allow people to dance and hear good music so dont hit on women there
    a nude beach is designed for people to sunbathe in the nood so dont hit on them there

any other things i am missing here?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.

So is it not ok to hit on women at work, schools, bars, or any other place apart from designated areas?

You can form friendships and be respectful to earn a date to a restaurant, bar, bowling ally, movie theater, etc. There is a difference between talking, saying hi, etc versus hitting on someone (people have suggested some really dirty, sexual things on here). Like the other person said, when she goes to the gym, she wants to workout and that's it. Most people wouldn't pay hundreds of dollars for a gym and then just sit around being flirty. That's just stupid, and I pity anyone who acts like that.

But you admit some people act like that... whether or not you approve, that means that some people actually DO want to be hit on at the gym. Which means your original post was not accurate.
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Women aren't looking for a date when they hit the gym. They are there to WORKOUT.

Have fun trying though.

THANK YOU FOR DECIDING WHAT I DO AND DONT WANT AT THE GYM.

how about you just state what works for you and what YOU partcularly want? :flowerforyou:

Go to school = to gain education
    Go to hospital = to gain health
    Go to gym = to workout
    etc.

Most people go to these locations for the reason they are put there. Why spend hundreds (thousands, even) per year for a gym? It is to workout and be healthy.

Some may go to school, the gym, etc to also find a mate, but really, that is not the goal. People go to these places for one main reason. It makes sense to assume that women and men go to the gym to workout. These women don't need men touching them and breathing down their necks.

I'm confused.

online dating sites! Duh!!

But they're full perverts?!

Yes, but you say that like it's a bad thing...
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    didn't you read the thread about the pickup lines? LOTS of helpful information there!
  • rockon77
    Options
    a club is designed to allow people to dance and hear good music so dont hit on women there
    a nude beach is designed for people to sunbathe in the nood so dont hit on them there

Wrong. I was talking about places that are serious, meant to better yourself (education, health, fitness). Fun places like bars, clubs, movies, etc are meant to hang out.
  • rockon77
    Options
    I'm confused.

But you admit some people act like that... whether or not you approve, that means that some people actually DO want to be hit on at the gym. Which means your original post was not accurate.

My posts are accurate.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Options

Wrong. I was talking about places that are serious, meant to better yourself (education, health, fitness). Fun places like bars, clubs, movies, etc are meant to hang out.

i think the point most people are getting at is that it is not for you to decide for everyone where it is or isnt ok to flirt with someone you are interested in

just because YOU dont want to be flirted with at a Gym doesnt mean the next person doesn't either
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Women aren't looking for a date when they hit the gym. They are there to WORKOUT.

Have fun trying though.
    THANK YOU FOR DECIDING WHAT I DO AND DONT WANT AT THE GYM.how about you just state what works for you and what YOU partcularly want? :flowerforyou:
    Go to school = to gain education
    Go to hospital = to gain health
    Go to gym = to workout
    etc.

Most people go to these locations for the reason they are put there. Why spend hundreds (thousands, even) per year for a gym? It is to workout and be healthy.

Some may go to school, the gym, etc to also find a mate, but really, that is not the goal. People go to these places for one main reason. It makes sense to assume that women and men go to the gym to workout. These women don't need men touching them and breathing down their necks.
    I'm confused.

online dating sites! Duh!!
    But they're full perverts?!
    We had to go somewhere after they chased us out of the dark alleys...
    I'm confused.

Do you seriously not recognize sarcasm, Sheldon?
  • rockon77
    Options
    i think the point most people are getting at is that it is not for you to decide for everyone where it is or isnt ok to flirt with someone you are interested in

just because YOU dont want to be flirted with at a Gym doesnt mean the next person doesn't either

Keep it in your pants.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    DON'T!!!

But...if you must you could always run over and grab their @ss while their doing a deep squat. Extra points is she falls down.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Options

Keep it in your pants.

sorry, its tucked in my sock
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    i try to avoi picking up women at the gym. They usually dont weigh enough to make it worthwhile from a strength training perspective.

BEST RESPONSE!
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    walk up tp them and smack em on their booty and ask for sex

nice! and on your second post ever!! I wonder what the first one was...bet it was GOLD

jeff-winger-clapping.gif
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

How did you get to know so many things?
  • rockon77
    Options

How did you get to know so many things?

I'm well-educated.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options

I was unaware that the pursuit of health/ fitness/ education and pair bonding were mutually exclusive activities.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    I usually just walk up, say "hay guh, I seent you 'mirin" then we go have sex in the sauna.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Have fun trying though.

THANK YOU FOR DECIDING WHAT I DO AND DONT WANT AT THE GYM.

how about you just state what works for you and what YOU partcularly want? :flowerforyou:

Lieutenant... Don't try to come off like you bishes are all different and shiz. We know you are all homogenous creatures with the same wants, desires, and hangups. It's why your periods all get synchronized.