Picking up women at the gym?

Options

Replies

• VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I like to* walk up to the baddest *kitten* women in the gym and say "Hey - nice work. Do you have any tips?"

*I work out at home alone, so this has never actually happened.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    How to meet women:

Hi, my name is <insert name here>.

The ease and simplicity of this is overwhelming.

I would add "Would you like to cup of coffee sometime?"

Of just stalk them and sneak into their bathrooms and steal their toothbrushes so you can clone them and have your own collection. Whetevs.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lze9xczKws1qfv89lo1_250.gif
    tumblr_lze9xczKws1qfv89lo2_250.gif
    tumblr_lze9xczKws1qfv89lo3_250.gif
    tumblr_lze9xczKws1qfv89lo4_250.gif
    tumblr_lze9xczKws1qfv89lo7_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_lze9xczKws1qfv89lo8_r1_250.gif

true story

Love this. :heart: :flowerforyou: :love:

This is actually so down with reality. I know I'm taking a turn to very serious talk here, but this article is worth reading:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-the-name-love/201004/can-profound-love-be-routine
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

true story

Dawwwww

What's wrong if a man wanted to find someone at the gym to date anyway? Where is ok and not ok to meet someone you like? God forbid he may be interested in dating someone who works out.

People find the strangest things to be offended about

*i know it was a joking around thread...but i still don't see the problem even if he did want to pick up women at the gym

I see nothing wrong with meeting the love of your life while doing what you love to do with your life. You a bookworm? too bad. no picking up chicks at the LIBARY!

WHAT? Bookworms are sexy. Libary is a great place to meet chicks. It is hard though, because no matter how classy your line it will come off creepy in a whisper.......
  • AncientLullaby_
    Options
    I never talk to the people at the gym... if they say hi I will respond back with a nice hi but that's as far as it goes....
    not only in the gym... everywhere I go
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Learn my name then shout it as you lift.

ftw.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Grunt really loudly as you lift weights. This will catch their attention, and when they see how much you're lifting, they'll be frothy at the lady place...
    This. Also throw in some yelling. Things like "Oh God, baby. That's nice and heavy!" or "Daddy's gonna lift now!" or "Oh yeah! That's good $h1t!".

That will show her how manly you are.
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb... woman arent at the gym to be hit on, and if they are, their husband probably just isnt paying enough attention to them at home... so dont ever ever ever ever ever ever ever try to hit on a girl at the gym, because 99.9% of the time you will be a creeper, or her boyfriend is over there lifting 100 lb plates with his neck and will break you in half for being a creeper... Just go get your work out on, and dont stare or give them creepy weird smiles in zumba class either. Just a thought, gym is for working out, to quote eric church ... not "crrrrrrreeeeeeepiiinnnn"

This.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

ftw.

Added benefit: anytime you do this, the girl in question will come running over to you.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Dear Burt,

**** off.

With love,
    Corvus Corax

:laugh:

How's that for mean?

As I've mentioned, I prefer optimistic thinking. I just can't understand why MFP would asterisk-out "Clothes".

W/L, B.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    walk up tp them and smack em on their booty and ask for sex
    Not gonna lie, this might work on me.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Women aren't looking for a date when they hit the gym. They are there to WORKOUT.

Have fun trying though.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

ftw.

Added benefit: anytime you do this, the girl in question will come running over to you.

You are all going about this all wrong with "trying" to impress her. They have all seen these tricks before.

My suggestion is reverse psychology. Walk around where she is lifting, try to do in during or just after a set so she is breathing REALLY heavy. As you walk around, crop dust the whole area. The louder the better.

As you walk away, without looking say "There's more where that came from........"

Melt like butter. 60% of the time, it works everytime.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Women aren't looking for a date when they hit the gym. They are there to WORKOUT.

Have fun trying though.
    Meh, you'd be surprised how many are...
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Make sure not to use deodorant, and work up a HUGE sweat. The aroma of your man musk will have THEM asking YOU out!

Yeah, asking you to get the hell outa their face and the gym all together if possible...LOL
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Got it. If I see you doing bench, I should do bench next to you and then you will move over to my bench and we will do it together. How do I log that?

synchronized benching :heart:

Oop! Our bars touched! Buy me a diet coke!

With love,
    Burt

:heart: reminds me youre REALLY close by.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

As I've mentioned, I prefer optimistic thinking. I just can't understand why MFP would asterisk-out "Clothes".

W/L, B.

You go be "optimistic"...even though that is patently euphamistic for "delusional."
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Also, I'm shocked no one jumped on my story about that guy buying me a shower. come on! you know it make you go like this:

[/quote]

I like that story! If you want to pick me up at the gym buy me a shower. I thought it was way sweet.

ETA: I'm sorry. I still don't know how to work quotes apparently.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I DO NOT want guys hitting on me while I am working out. I am there to get my sweat on, that is the bottom line. Leave me alone and let me do that.

...unless I find you smoking hot.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options

true story

Dawwwww

What's wrong if a man wanted to find someone at the gym to date anyway? Where is ok and not ok to meet someone you like? God forbid he may be interested in dating someone who works out.

People find the strangest things to be offended about

*i know it was a joking around thread...but i still don't see the problem even if he did want to pick up women at the gym

I see nothing wrong with meeting the love of your life while doing what you love to do with your life. You a bookworm? too bad. no picking up chicks at the LIBARY!

WHAT? Bookworms are sexy. Libary is a great place to meet chicks. It is hard though, because no matter how classy your line it will come off creepy in a whisper.......

LMAO. This is once instance where writing a little note would work.