Picking up women at the gym?

Options

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Why do men have to be freakin sick? I go to the gym to workout. Not get hit on or to meet men. Nothing grossed me put more than when I'm busy doing something like working out or shopping for food and some pathetic low life thinks picking up a woman at a gym or grocery store is appropriate.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I only pick up women at the gym when somebody's run off with the oly bar...

On a serious note, what is this thread about?

Is this a real question? The OP is obviously trying to get some helpful tips for how to approach women at the gym without seeming creepy.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I have great success with this tactic: Kneel behind a girl doing squats in the cage and spot her *kitten*. You're sure to spark conversation and make contact.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    Why do men have to be freakin sick? I go to the gym to workout. Not get hit on or to meet men. Nothing grossed me put more than when I'm busy doing something like working out or shopping for food and some pathetic low life thinks picking up a woman at a gym or grocery store is appropriate.

"Nothing grossed me put"??

I don't understand.

Also, men are not freakin sick, they are awesome and I adore them, which is probably one reason they like me so much.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I have great success with this tactic: Kneel behind a girl doing squats in the cage and spot her *kitten*. You're sure to spark conversation and make contact.

Thanks! Although I'm a little afraid of coming off like a bit of a creep with that one. I guess I don't know what makes the gym so sacred. I mean if this thread was about picking up a girl on the elevator I don't think I'd receive so much grief lol
  • Cr01502
    Options

Is the internet ok?
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    i just go workout and leave.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Agreed. Not all women are wanting to be hit on. Women are capable of exercising, having careers, having goals, etc. Men creeping on them is just degrading and disrespectful.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Pelvic thrusts in her direction will do it.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Going up and saying hello and/ or initiating amusing small talk is a great start.

I find it annoying if someone simply stares when I am lifting; it is distracting and my form suffers.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Keep lifting heavy, then someday you can pick up more than two.

EIG80QN.jpg
  • Cr01502
    Options

Agreed. Not all women are wanting to be hit on. Women are capable of exercising, having careers, having goals, etc. Men creeping on them is just degrading and disrespectful.

Thanks for your input. Is there maybe some sort of item of clothing or piece of jewelry you guys could wear to send us men such a message?

Because as a man it can get a little confusing lol
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

The OP is specifically asking how he can NOT come off as creepy. Maybe help him out with that because he is trying to be considerate of women. If you don't want someone hitting on you and they were polite about it, be polite in return. Surely you can be polite while turning someone down?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I only pick up women at the gym when somebody's run off with the oly bar...

On a serious note, what is this thread about?

Is this a real question? The OP is obviously trying to get some helpful tips for how to approach women at the gym without seeming creepy.

0sxo9.gif
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

This. And OP, don't be afraid to pick up more than one at a time.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    Pelvic thrusts in her direction will do it.

GOOD! But only one or two at a time. Once she thinks she imagined it, you can do it again. It is a good way to keep a woman off-balance, which is crucial to getting her to fall for you.
  • irishscootz
    Options
    tumblr_ly8ttjQ4yR1qcfttlo1_500.gif
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options

The OP is specifically asking how he can NOT come off as creepy. Maybe help him out with that because he is trying to be considerate of women. If you don't want someone hitting on you and they were polite about it, be polite in return. Surely you can be polite while turning someone down?

Agreed.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    Keep lifting heavy, then someday you can pick up more than two.

EIG80QN.jpg
    [/quote

hahaha.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I try to meet women at the gym all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Here are cliffs from when I did it last weekend.

-- Take off the iPod.
    -- Eye contact and smile.
    -- If she returns the eye contact and smile, then approach her and talk about something fitness related.
    -- I talked to a girl who was doing abs and I gave her a few pointers.
    -- I didn't want to talk about fitness, but it served as a conversation starter.
    -- Turned out I just didn't like this girl (too rough of a personality), so I didn't take it any further than that.

In all, the gym is the second best place to meet women. (grocery store being the best)

Oh, yeah... I LOVE when guys give me pointers on form at the gym. Because, since I'm a girl, I have NO idea what I'm doing.
    Oh, and as a physical therapist... I'm doing it that way for a REASON! Just sayin'... might not be a good approach.

And... I don't really want to get picked up at the gym, because IF I went out with someone and then it didn't workout, I'd have to either feel super awkward, or find a new gym... and that would suck.