Picking up women at the gym?

Options

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Well, if the conversation is going to be about what we personally find sexy in the opposite sex, then I have to say long hair, dreads, and a sweet smile. Oh, also, I have a thing for critical thinking skills.

No wonder you like critical thinking, you're so mean. I like optimistic thinking! It's the best!

With love,
    Burt
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lze9xczKws1qfv89lo1_250.gif
    tumblr_lze9xczKws1qfv89lo2_250.gif
    tumblr_lze9xczKws1qfv89lo3_250.gif
    tumblr_lze9xczKws1qfv89lo4_250.gif
    tumblr_lze9xczKws1qfv89lo7_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_lze9xczKws1qfv89lo8_r1_250.gif

true story

Got it. If I see you doing bench, I should do bench next to you and then you will move over to my bench and we will do it together. How do I log that?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Trying to get this thread back on track, some people were saying picking up two girls at a time would be a better workout... I agree, but in light of some recent posts, I have to also add that it seems you should ask them first.
  • pocce31
    pocce31 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I'm a little confused.

I don't want to try to come off creepy here.

It would just be nice to take one or two of them home every once in a while.
    [/quote]

This screams creepy chief...
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Hey like I said everone.

I wasn't trying to offend.

There was thread on here the other day about a girl with a crush on a guy at the gym and she got a load of people giving her support and giving her different ways to approach him.

Now I'm being called sexist lol

And now we're back to how sexism affects men! The assumption that a man would bang anything, but a woman is going to be delicate and selective, that a man is going to be an inconsiderate brute and a woman is going to be super considerate, is really driven home by how people responded to these two different threads.

*sigh*

In my experience, most of the men at my gym have been super cool. There has only been one guy that made me feel uncomfortable with his leering. But to be honest, there are a few women who also annoy the crap out of me by wanting my attention, so it's not a problem.

Also, I'm shocked no one jumped on my story about that guy buying me a shower. come on! you know it make you go like this:

1320199194kFLk4f.jpg
  • GymBeast2
    GymBeast2 Posts: 81
    Options
    Picking up anyone at the gym...........

JUST DON'T!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

true story

Dawwwww

What's wrong if a man wanted to find someone at the gym to date anyway? Where is ok and not ok to meet someone you like? God forbid he may be interested in dating someone who works out.

People find the strangest things to be offended about

*i know it was a joking around thread...but i still don't see the problem even if he did want to pick up women at the gym
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I care about that. A lot.

I *hate* sexism with a passion...how it affects girls AND boys. Women AND men (and everyone else too!)....

to think that sexism still exists because someone posted a patently obviously sarcastic post about what stupid dudes do in the gym is NOT the reason sexism still exists. This is part of being critical about sexism.
    ^Thank God there are people like you that can still be sensible. It's unfortunate that most times I see anything about sexism it's by someone who has no sense of humor. For sure it exists. But humor shouldn't have to stop existing for it to go away. The key is what the persons intent is if you ask me.

QFT
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Compliment them on form/fisique. ask them if they "come there often", hahah
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options

true story

Got it. If I see you doing bench, I should do bench next to you and then you will move over to my bench and we will do it together. How do I log that?

synchronized benching :heart:
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    A simple way is just to be around them/next to them I've had guys approach me while I was on an exercise bike, TWICE and the other was in the stretch room and he just brought up anything, I cant remember.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

synchronized benching :heart:

Oop! Our bars touched! Buy me a diet coke!

With love,
    Burt
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Well, if the conversation is going to be about what we personally find sexy in the opposite sex, then I have to say long hair, dreads, and a sweet smile. Oh, also, I have a thing for critical thinking skills.

No wonder you like critical thinking, you're so mean. I like optimistic thinking! It's the best!

With love,
    Burt

Dear Burt,

**** off.

With love,
    Corvus Corax

:laugh:

How's that for mean?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

true story

Love this. :heart: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    What are some creative ways to do this?

I've already corrected them on their form and stared at them for a really long time in hopes that they would come and talk to me.

I was hoping others might have some suggestions . . . .

Staring for a long time would creep me out.

Just come to the machine next to me and talk to me.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options

true story

Dawwwww

What's wrong if a man wanted to find someone at the gym to date anyway? Where is ok and not ok to meet someone you like? God forbid he may be interested in dating someone who works out.

People find the strangest things to be offended about

*i know it was a joking around thread...but i still don't see the problem even if he did want to pick up women at the gym

I see nothing wrong with meeting the love of your life while doing what you love to do with your life. You a bookworm? too bad. no picking up chicks at the LIBARY!
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    What are some creative ways to do this?

I've already corrected them on their form and stared at them for a really long time in hopes that they would come and talk to me.

I was hoping others might have some suggestions . . . .

To be honest, I DO NOT want guys hitting on me while I am working out. I am there to get my sweat on, that is the bottom line. Leave me alone and let me do that.
  • brohammer99
    Options
    walk up tp them and smack em on their booty and ask for sex
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Club them over the head with barbie weights, drag them to your love lair.

Profit.

^ LMAO!!! THIS FTW!!!
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options

To be honest, I DO NOT want guys hitting on me while I am working out. I am there to get my sweat on, that is the bottom line. Leave me alone and let me do that.

Agreed!