Eating Carbs Protein Fat at once makes u fat?

Options

Replies

• myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    The question you are asking is does food combining accelerate weight loss?

The answer is: no.

The theory is based on a distorted application of GI / GL.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question? When you eat a hamburger you are eating fat, carbs, and protein all at once. When you eat yogurt you are eating fat, carbs, and protein all at once. Almost everything we eat contains all three of these nutrients in the same bite. What you're saying makes no sense...

Too true! Plus those bars aren't great for you, just eat real food instead.

What is wrong with bars? they are food just like everything else. You bite, chew, swallow, digest, then crap out the same way you do with chicken breast or rice.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    NOPE

she says while tucking into a tuna mayonnaise and cheese sandwich (lebanese flatbread style sandwich... and I added olive oil to the tuna mayo) Haven't logged it yet but I'm pretty sure it's high in protein, fat and carbs all at the same time. I have a busy day, I need something filling.

keep what you eat within your calories and macros and you'll be fine :flowerforyou:
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Absolutely untrue. Insulin response really has nothing to do with fat storage.

DUH?

Even Wikipedia knows that one of the two MAIN functions of insulin is to store fat. That's metabolism 101 for dummies!

This video explains all

http://youtu.be/Yo3TRbkIrow

as does this one

http://youtu.be/T2K_ro2Lrxw
  • bdamaster60
    Options
    Blah I figured it out for myself.
    The answer is high impact carbs and fat shouldn't go together because of the insulin response.
    Protein the jury is still out...I'm starting to wonder if the free aminos become a problem when they are in excess and can link up and be stored.
    Any other ideas feel free to comment, I know there are Millions of protein discussions so I'm off to read that now.

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong x 50
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Over consumption of calories makes you fat...not individual macro-nutrients, regardless of whether you eat them together, separate, or whatever...

This is nonsense.

If you eat nothing but fat, oil, lard, etc, say, 3000 calories a day you will LOSE weight.

Ummm no. If I ate 3000 cals per day of butter I would gain weight (not to mention a host of other medical problems - ?constipation anyone). 3000 calories is over my TDEE. It does not matter where those calories come from.

To the OP, eating over your TDEE makes you fat. It is that simple.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    If I had to think that hard about my diet, I'd definitely just give up! I just try to eat healthy and stay within my calorie limit and it seems to be working
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    insulin does have a lot to do with fat storage, but the body takes a long time to break down dietary fat so eating dietary fat should *Not* spike insulin. eating a lot of simple carbs will spike insulin more than any other combination carbs-fat, fat-protein carb-fat-protein @ relative Caloires. That being said, healthy individual (non-diabetics) probably doesnt make that much of a difference and total calories is obviously the most important thing.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    This is nonsense.

If you eat nothing but fat, oil, lard, etc, say, 3000 calories a day you will LOSE weight.

THAT was nonsense?!

You seem to believe the whole low carb, minimal GI, keep the insulin low, shovel in the fat and it will never get stored because there is no insulin to store it argument.

And that misses an entire swathe of metabolic factors ... "101 for dummies" or not ;)

The body adjusts, if you consume more than you burn you'll store fat ... doesn't matter what you are necking.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

DUH?

Even Wikipedia knows that one of the two MAIN functions of insulin is to store fat. That's metabolism 101 for dummies!

This video explains all

as does this one

You're a little confused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34mViApQiyE

Start around 14:00

Better yet, read this:

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319
  • AntWrig
    Options
    Over consumption of calories makes you fat...not individual macro-nutrients, regardless of whether you eat them together, separate, or whatever...

This is nonsense.

/Facepalm
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

This is nonsense.

/Facepalm

xwaNA.gif

If I ate 3000 calories per day, I'd gain a pound a week.
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If I had to think that hard about my diet, I'd definitely just give up! I just try to eat healthy and stay within my calorie limit and it seems to be working

Phew, someone I can understand ^^^^^ This is me
  • bdamaster60
    Options

This is nonsense.

I think you misunderstand what he is saying. You're saying the same thing, but you are making it look like you are disagreeing, that's where the WTF comes in.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Ok I tried searching the forums for this but it just kept talking about our ratios.
    My question is is eating protein and carbs at the same time a setup for fat storage.
    For example I can either eat. Fiber one bar or a Atkins bar.
    Same calories relatively same fats carbs both at 20g sugar is the same at 6g but of course the sugar alcohol is in the Atkins. There is 16g of protein in the Atkins and 1g in the fiber one. So normally id think protein however I am starting to think that eating all your macros at once can set you up for fat storage even if it is the holy protein. Sorry if I'm losing some of you.

Extra calories set you up for fat storage. If you are in a deficit, you will not be holding on to fat.

Fat doesn't make you fat. Carbs don't make you fat. Protein doesn't make you fat. Excess calories make you fat.

Eat what you want, when you want.
    This. Avoiding fat completely is a terrible idea. Fat is what helps you absorb the nutrients in food since many of them are fat soluble. Avoiding essential nutrients is a surefire way to get seriously ill
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

This is nonsense.

Wow...366to266 can I ask you where you got this?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    The answer is high impact carbs and fat shouldn't go together because of the insulin response.
    Protein the jury is still out...I'm starting to wonder if the free aminos become a problem when they are in excess and can link up and be stored.
    Any other ideas feel free to comment, I know there are Millions of protein discussions so I'm off to read that now.

ummm no and I sense a troll thread creeping on ...

and what is a high impact carb? Is that like high impact aerobics?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

DUH?

This video explains all

as does this one

I'm not sure you really grasp any of the concepts you talk about.

Also responding to people with duh isn't really behaviour I would expect from someone over the age of 18.

Insulin has a number of different functions it builds protein, BREAKSDOWN fats, and also yes, does stimulate lipogenis (the creation of fat).

I saw you on a thread earlier rambling about how insulin was so bad for you . . . . I wonder since the only thing that doesn't seem to spike insulin all day is oil, butter, and grease, should I limit myself to only those items?

Is this what you would call a healthy diet?

Insulin is a completely normal, healthy metabolic process.

Unused energy (calories) are stored as body fat. It's as simple as that.

Stop scaremongering.
  • AntWrig
    Options

ummm no and I sense a troll thread creeping on ...

and what is a high impact carb? Is that like high impact aerobics?
    Lol