Losing Weight But Breasts Remain the Same

Options
124»

Replies

• zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I wish people realised that the CUP size of a 36DDD is NOT anywhere near the cup size od a 40DDD
    you haven't lost half a cup, you have lost 3.

Gasp! Go tell the salespeople at Nordstrom! They say the number, is the circumference of the bust, and the letters are the depth of the cup. It also seems to be the way the plastic surgeon I talked to was sizing it. Been carrying these breasts for the last 35 years, both sides of the Atlantic, am curious to see if there's a more accurate approach I been missing all these years. Please share your approach, dearest Tigress.

no one at Nordstrom will tell you that the CUP on a 36DDD is the SAME as the cup on a 40DDD

it's easy enough to prove.
    go to any bra store. go to walmart. go to target. go to lane bryant, VS, La Senza, doesn't matter.
    pick up a 32D a 34D, a 36D and a 38D

or a 34C, 36C, 38C

or anything you like as long as you use the same bra style and the same CUP LETTER with a different BAND size

hold them up to each other and compare

revel in your "wrongness"

there's nothing wrong with how nordstrom sizes, the problem is with your comprehension of it.

Not sure why you need to be so argumentative, Tigress. This is a forum, where people try to help each other. So chill off a bit. You may be in the bra business but in heaven's name stay away from the customer service end of it. I would NOT want my boobs to end up in the hands of someone as angry as you.

As for bands and cups, there needs to be some kind of references, 32, 34, 36, A, B, C, who cares, it's a reference scale. Indeed it s not an exact science. Boobs are not an exact science! They even come uneven most of the time (usually the left), unless you're one of the girls at the Crazy Horse, Paris France -that's the main criteria for being hired as one of the girls there, BTW.
    Relax, have a glass of wine, it's the weekend.. you can forget about bra sizes for a couple of days. They seem to be haunting you too much.
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My boobs grew when I lost weight lmao. I went from a 38A that didn't fit (could barely buckle the back because it was too tight even on the loosest hook and yet the cups were empty) at 140 lbs/BMI 28.3 to a 32C at 93 lbs/BMI 18.8. But I also went from 18 years old to 24 years old, so it's possible my body simply wasn't done maturing yet.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    And this is a problem because...??

Haha I was only a C to begin with, and lost more when I lost weight. CURSE YOOOOOUUUU!!!!

:tongue:
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options
    My cup size never goes down, just my band size, unfortunately. At 225, I was a 38DD, right now I weigh 163 and am a 36DD and at 135 I was a 34DD. I have a lot of back problems and shoulder grooves, so I wish they would go down but no such luck.
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oh how I wish mine would go away too! I think I used to be a 36C, then went up to a 42DD at my heaviest weight, and now I weigh less than I did when I was a 36C, and my boobs won't shrink back down! It's infuriating. People just keep telling me to wait it out, they'll shrink again at some point. I'm now about wearing a 38D or DD (I haven't done a bra fitting lately- I'm still losing weight so none of my clothes fit me!)

I did have to buy a new sports bra for workouts at a 38D, and it's just a little too small, but that's mostly due to going from a 42 to a 38 (I measure 36, so I'm not sure why a 38 is small??).

And whoever said that cup sizes change with the band size is totally correct, and it was nice to hear I'm not the only one who notices that!

Fortunately, I don't have any back problems, but if my boobs continue to not shrink and they prevent me from doing something, I'll look into surgery <sob>
  • crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    Options
    I'm very concerned about this. When I look in the mirror, I'm nothing but boobs. If I were to lose my flabby belly, I'd be like Dolly Parton. How can I make my breasts smaller? Or do I really have to look into breast reduction surgery?

Don't be concerned. Boobies rock and big boobies rock even harder. Normal or small sized girls with big boobs are almost impossible to find all natural!! Some lady's lose all their boobs when they lose weight and they are bummed out. You dress up in a nice dress and with your big boobs you will get the attention of every guy. Then you can simply take your pick lol. If you are taken then I would highly suggest getting his opinion as I am sure he likes your huge boobs very much. :smile:

This may be the best response I've read in a while.

I agree with that being the best response. I am super afraid to lose my D cups, because I know that as a woman, my big boobs are my best feature. I like that guys take notice to my chest, and I'm so afraid to lose it. I'm glad to hear a man tell his honest opinion about boobs. lol

This is great info from a guys perspective, but from an older woman who has been there.....at 5'9" and weighing in at 140 (after having two babies and being 40 years old) Being a 36F was no fun. I had back and neck problems, I was totally self conscious about my body, shopping for clothes was a major pain in the *kitten*, and most of all, the girls were always in the way when playing sports! Have you ever tried to find a sports bra off the shelf for breasts that large? I don't think so.

When I was 42 I had a breast reduction. I lost some weight, had surgery and came out a 34B, light C cup. Over the past few years, I have gained weight (up to 185) and gained size in my breasts. The last bra I bought was a 38DD. I now weigh 169 and my bra size is 38D/36DD.

I am praying that I can get back to a 34C