what's your breakfast cereal of choice?

Options
1235»

Replies

• scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my least favourite meal of the day. Usually I have porridge or if I'm feeling particularly daring, I'll have crunchy nut cornflakes, rebel that I am!
  • KCGettinFit2014
    Options
    Special K Fruit and Yogurt! I love this cereal. I have been eating it for months almost every morning for breakfast and sometimes snack without getting bored.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    i have a serious love of breakfast cereal, it used to be captain crunch, honey smacks, lucky charms etc. i'm trying to act at least a little my age and switch to a lower-sugar cereal. i've been eating Kix and Kashi Indigo Morning for a couple months now, and i wanted to know what's good and pretty healthy in your breakfast cereal world? i'm into crunchy, puffy-type cereals

I eat Quaker Corn Bran. Its sweet and crunchy and I have NEVER found a cereal anywhere with better ratio of high protein, low carbs/sugar to calories. I eat it almost every morning!

My other choice is a kids cereal *grinz* Gorilla Munch by EnviroKidz Organic. Also yummy and good for you!

My other go-to is oatmeal. With some stevia stirred in, sprinkled with chopped walnuts and bananas.... mmmm
  • taelardinois
    taelardinois Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Seldom eat cereal (because I would go ham on the whole box). But if I did, it would Cap'n Crunch Berry.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Double chocolate Krave cereal can not be considered breakfast in my opinion. However, as a stand in for dessert? It works. And is exceptionally delicious!
  • LaurieLynn
    LaurieLynn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I put all bran buds in with my yogurt and fruit in the morning, lots of fibre and I get my serving of fruit in. Very filling.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Historically I'm not a fan of breakfast so as a compromise, i go for Crunchy Nut Cornflakes as they're a bit naughty and don't go soggy so fast. Not exactly the healthy choice but hey, I'm rarely over in my sugar intake so what the hell :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Muesli. It's usually pretty high in calories, though.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big cereal lover (I eat porridge almost every morning though--is that a cereal??) but I do like a bowl of Cheerios occasionally.A Actually had them this morning. And rarely, I'll have Special K Peach & Apricot.
  • cindysess
    cindysess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    sugar free oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon.
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Frosted Mini Wheats with raspberry middles! YUM-O
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Shredded Wheat, or steel cut oatmeal.
  • bubbanene
    bubbanene Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    kashi go lean with almond milk
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Nothing but Cherrios with almond milk and a banana or strawberries lol. Or I might switch it up sometimes and eat regular Chex. I like my cereal unsweetened.
  • sarahaldinger
    sarahaldinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oatmeal Squares.
    Raisin Bran.

Warmed up with a little almond milk. YUM!

Just for the record:
    I, too, am a cereal lover.
    I used to polish off a family size box of apple jacks in 2 days. Haha.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My favourite cold cereal is brown sugar Mini Wheats.