RUNNERS: Asics vs. Brooks - GO!

Options

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I run in the Brooks Pure Connect. Best shoes I have ever run in.

If you are not used to the low heel drop that might take some getting used to.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Asics? Brooks??? err..NO.

:-)
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Asics for me, never had a problem and my feet feel great.
  • lemonlimecrime
    lemonlimecrime Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Brooks Glycerin 10 shoes and they are so comfortable and very padded... they are great for first time runners. I would highly recommend checking them out. :)
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Saucony then Brooks
    Asics never fit my feet right, always cut off my circulation.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Brooks Pure Connect or Pure Flow.
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Asics. Asics. Asics. I can't compare to Brooks as I've never worn them but I've worn about every other kind of running shoe and Asics are my favorite hands down.
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    my shoes picked me. brooks glycerin.
  • brboydjr
    brboydjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Newtons!
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Brooks gal, with a less than nuetral strike. The foot/ankle with the repaired Achilles is the good one, so I need a little more shoe than the minimalist.

I've been in Adrenaline for a number of years, but am trying the Ravenna out. Now that I've dropped some weight maybe I don't need as much shoe? Only time will tell.
  • veganbabe133
    veganbabe133 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have run 3 half marathons and 1 marathon and many many 5k and 10k. I am training for my second marathon now and let me tell you that brooks comfortably fit my feet and keep my knees protected!! I used to love asics but brooks are better fit for me and i noticed immediately after switching
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    I've been wearing Asics since 2005. I love them, best shoes ever! I like some Nike ones too, but I always go to Asics.
    My hubby has a pair of Brooks he loves. to each their own :)
  • researchgirl82
    researchgirl82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Brooks and I love them too....not the prettiest but definitely the nicest to my feet.
  • Lisapayne76
    Lisapayne76 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just as a heads up www.runningwarehouse has Brooks for a neutral foot for 59.98, then I used FB15D as a coupon code and got 15% off. My newest pair of Brooks were only $50 with free shipping
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've never had Asics but I have Brooks right now. They are my first "official" running shoes (where I went to a running store and got fitted for them). I like them a lot, but as I got into longer distances (10+ miles) training for my HM I've started getting a lot of blisters. Don't know if it's the shoes or just the fact that I'm going longer distances than I ever had in the past.

So this doesn't answer any of the OP's questions, but was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on my problem? Is it the shoe or just getting used to longer distances?

I'm due for a new pair anyday now, and I'm not sure what to do...!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    mizuno

Love my Mizuno Wave Nirvanas!
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Mizuno... specifically their lightweight trail shoes. Not so bulky and clunky.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Ive worn Nimbus (asics) for 5 years of running. Love them!!!! Someone said asics were easy on the wallet? Those shoes are 140.00...wondering if Brookes are more expensive???

I love the Nimbus too, but here in Canada they're 190! I think I'm going to go down to Buffalo for the next pair.
  • klynnshuck
    klynnshuck Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love Mizuno. They fit me perfectly.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I've worn Sauconys, Asics, and Brooks--currently wearing Brooks Adrenalines and LOVE them.

A friend recently started wearing Hokas and swears by them, but he runs more miles than me and is willing to shell a bit more out (they're even more expensive than the "average" good running shoe).