5'6" larger frame females... Higher goal weight?!?!

Options

Replies

• Kowent
    Kowent Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and also consider myself large framed. I am a perfect hour glass, with too much time on my hands. (That's what I like to call it. And because I'm 53 i've had a lot of years to see my shape at various weights.
    Growing up I was never overweight. Fully developed at 13. I was 135. In high school ran track and threw shot, very muscular at about 155. Married at 22 lost weight--142 lbs.(yuck) lost my chest and booty. Right now I'm 208. GW is 162. I am very comfortable there.
    It seems like your body knows what is right. When you get there. It is easy to maintain, and you feel good.
    Good luck!
  • hlpatton
    hlpatton Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weigh 155 currently. I definitely can afford to lose another 10-15 pounds, but I think it depends entirely on how your body is shaped. I carry all my extra weight in the middle, so in order to lose my belly I have to get closer to 140-145. Though it depends a lot on how in shape you are.

This is me at 145 or so 2 years ago (pre-kid):

pic1_zpsd0b85c6c.jpg

And this is me at 155 - but in better shape - though post-kid, so stretch marks and saggy skin :( :

c6a032f1-bf6e-4196-bc73-9d5e51ecff36_zpsc455fe1a.jpg

(I've never posted pics so I hope this works!)
  • cinciti
    cinciti Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm 5'7" and I'm 175lbs and would like to get down to 150lbs and maintain there... I think I'd break in two if I was 110-130, but that's just my build. I'm a "thicker" girl. :smile:
  • ghostdivatonya
    ghostdivatonya Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'6 and my "18 year old bikini body" was 145-150lbs. I look back on pictures and I do look VERY thin! At my age now, my goal is in that range but not that thin.
  • kdcshesback
    kdcshesback Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies so much!!! A lot of inspiration here.

I was just thinking that maybe I should change my goal to a lower weight (150lbs) as I am approaching it. I think I will set it there for now and see how much muscle I can build. I guess, too, I was curious when I should start scaling back on cardio and focus A LOT more on strength training (which I do incorporate 3x a week but do cardio about 4-5x per week).

I love to see that all the 5'6" women here aren't below 130... I was getting nervous because I can't quite see myself so small.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    5'6.5-5''7" here and I'm 249 and I've gained from 226, I'd like to get down to 145. I have a larger frame and a close hour glass figure. I always have looked smaller than I actually weighed so I think 145 will be good for me. I don't think I've been that weight since middle school.
  • EyeOnThePrize82
    Options
    I'm 147lbs and 5'6" I think I have a fairly large frame. I carry all my weight I. My tummy and face. I look pretty chunky still. I want to get down to 135lbs.
  • kdcshesback
    Options
    @hlpatton You look good in both!! Keep up your great work! :flowerforyou:
  • kdcshesback
    Options
    @tayteetots GREAT work .... CONGRATS on your progress!!

@charlene77 Thanks for the link.... It's incredibly helpful to see all the shapes and sizes us beautiful women come in even at the same height.
  • kdcshesback
    Options
    Try checking out this site! It is real woman posting pics of themselves at different hights and weights! You can actually select the height and weight you are interested in!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?height=any&weight=any&pant=any&shirt=any&zphoto=large&new=1

I think it has alot to do with how you are built, but also your preference. I am large framed and hourglass. I was as low at one point of 135. My hubby hated it! I look at picutres now and see my collarbone sticking out and I can understand why he thinks it's gross. I am happy at 150-160....but a fit 150-160. That is my goal this time. opps, edited to say...I'm 5'6"

Going thru it... I LOVE this link lol.

I'm realizing that the fit females at 5'6" in the 150ish range have nice muscle tone and I think that will be focus now.
  • aarilynn
    aarilynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I got down to 135 last year, but I weigh 142 now. No idea how I gained 7 pounds, I'd understand 2 or 3, because my body looks almost exactly the same. The first time I was 142 back in 2011, I wore a size 8, I wear a size 6 at this weight this time around. Last year I wasn't content around this weight at all and was aiming towards 130, but now I'd be happy to maintain around 135-140. I'd be more thrilled to lose inches than seeing the number on the scale go down really. I'm working on just "toning" up.
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and started at 213, currently I weigh 181 and my goal is 145. I want curves and a little meat on my bones so I don't think I will want to be thinner than that. I may even be happy in the 150s depending on how toned my body is. I do strength training 4 times a week and I am hoping that will tone my flab and make my body look better even at a higher weight.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and right now 183(181 varies), BF is around 27% via calipers, 28.2% with handheld. That means for me to be 130lbs I would have negative bodyfat and might as well be dead, so nope that is no way my goal. I am aiming for 18-19% body fat and 160-165lbs. (134lbs LBM right now)

Avitar is me the other day at current weight.
  • kdcshesback
    Options
    I got down to 135 last year, but I weigh 142 now. No idea how I gained 7 pounds, I'd understand 2 or 3, because my body looks almost exactly the same. The first time I was 142 back in 2011, I wore a size 8, I wear a size 6 at this weight this time around. Last year I wasn't content around this weight at all and was aiming towards 130, but now I'd be happy to maintain around 135-140. I'd be more thrilled to lose inches than seeing the number on the scale go down really. I'm working on just "toning" up.

That definitely helps put things in perspective @aarilynn. I would like to see inches lost by the end of all of this too. Right now, lost pounds motivate me but inches are definitely my ultimate goal (that and my bf%). Thanks for that insight!
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try checking out this site! It is real woman posting pics of themselves at different hights and weights! You can actually select the height and weight you are interested in!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?height=any&weight=any&pant=any&shirt=any&zphoto=large&new=1

I think it has alot to do with how you are built, but also your preference. I am large framed and hourglass. I was as low at one point of 135. My hubby hated it! I look at picutres now and see my collarbone sticking out and I can understand why he thinks it's gross. I am happy at 150-160....but a fit 150-160. That is my goal this time. opps, edited to say...I'm 5'6"

Going thru it... I LOVE this link lol.

I'm realizing that the fit females at 5'6" in the 150ish range have nice muscle tone and I think that will be focus now.

I agree! I found it a while back and it encouraged me. It can give a great idea.what certain body types look like at different weights, heights, and body tones!

Glad you liked it too!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 130. I'd think 130 would be too slim for 5'6".
  • linar98
    linar98 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal is to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 140lbs. I'm currently at 163 and started at 180lbs 6 months ago!
    I notice how hard it is for me to lose weight now after being pregnant!! Before I used to diet and exercise and lose 10 pounds in a month!!
    It's been a hard, bumpy road but I hope to get down to my goal by Summer!!
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'7 and 159 currently. Started out at 186. I thought I was a large frame because my physique seems to pool on the lower half (hips/thighs/butt). Since weight training with heavy weights it has really balanced my physique. Also, most recent research shows there's not much truth in the statement "larger frame" unless you can poke your hip and immeadely hit the bone the wideness is fat not the frame.. sounds harsh but it's true.

I started at a size 14 and I thought I would be happy being a size 10. I'm currently a size 6 so add weight and don't limit what your physique can do! :smile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    5 6" and 148lb in my profile pic (US size 6). About to start bulking to add more muscle. Ultimate goal weight with the same approximate BF% is nearer 160 (going to take me a long time).
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all -

I am 5'6" and no clue what "frame" I am but I am hourglass shaped (I guess) and will probably keep a larger lower half through out my weight loss journey (which I don't mind as long as I can turn the jiggle to muscle eventually).

I look at all the wonderful success stories here and can't wait to post soon.

My question, though, is: I see so many in my height range with a goal weight between 110-130ish (you all look amazing). Are there any 5'6" girls out there happy and maintaining at 140-150ish? I know that's at the higher end of our bmi but it would be nice to see what that might look like as it is my current goal.

Thanks in advance all.... and continued success on your weight loss journeys!

KDC

PS... If I repost in another area... sorry... just not sure where this belongs. : )

OMG!! That's meeeee, lol. I'm 5'6 and I have a wide hips and no matter how much weight I lose I will always have that hourglass frame (which i think is beautiful by the way. Beyonce has the same shape) I used to weigh 160 and it looked really good on me. People always thought I weighed less and were always suprised when I told them. I gained weight recently and now I have a goal of coming back down to 150. With my frame, I think anywhere between 150-160 is where I look best. My face and neck gets way too skinny if I go past that weight. :)

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!