5'6" larger frame females... Higher goal weight?!?!

Options

Replies

• missmoreno000
    missmoreno000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    SO glad you posted this.

Im 5'6, my lowest was weight was 156 lbs which I was ok with....then..... I ballooned to 187 lbs. Now Im back at this, in my 30s trying to get down to 150 lbs.

the 140lbs would be a dream come true!!!

Anything less I would loose my latina curves LOL
  • JodiSheree
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I my goal weight is 156 the lower 50's My highest weight was 169 but yeah I really don't mind my weight I just want to tone up.
  • cu015821
    cu015821 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my current weight in my profile photo is 180 and 39.1% body fat. I strive to lower my body fat while maintaining my physic so I really am not worried much about the number on the scale rather by body fat %. You look great and I am sure your numbers will all work out.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Try checking out this site! It is real woman posting pics of themselves at different hights and weights! You can actually select the height and weight you are interested in!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?height=any&weight=any&pant=any&shirt=any&zphoto=large&new=1

Cool website. Thanks for posting.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I am very large framed. My wrist measures 7" around. I've always been blessed with the ability to hide my weight very well. In the picture on the left, I weighed around 280 (ugh) on the picture on the right taken this past Saturday, I weighed 229.

58lbsdown_zps2e47b1c3.jpg

My goal is not so much to get to what my BMI should be, because my BMI is not what the web sites state due to my frame size; but to be at a clothing size.

I currently wear a very baggy size 16 and my goal is to make it to a size 11/12 US.

So for me, I want to get weight wise under 200; which I haven't seen in over 18 years. After that, I want to hit 180 which is what I was at when I met my hubby and then I'll reassess.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and weigh 170, I started out at 252 9 months ago. I'm aiming for between 150-155, I'm strength training so the scale isn't really my main motivation now, but that's the rough weight I'd like to be in the next few months. My body fat is still high at 33%, so that's a bigger motivator for me than weight.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    5ft 7 here and currently 174.8lbs

I started at 191lbs

My first goal I am working to achieve is 161lbs

Ideal goal for me is 154lbs
  • TaniaB_79
    TaniaB_79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5ft 6 and a medium-large frame with hourglass shape. Currently I weight 182lbs and am comfortable in a UK size 14 usually. My initial goal is to get to 160lbs then to look at my body fat % and re-assess from there, my goal then will be to get to 25% or lower body fat.

I got down to 12 stone (168lbs) two years ago but wasn't exercising, although I'm a stone heavier now my body composition is much better and I don't *look* a stone heavier than I did. So basically, its gonna be all about my body fat and how I feel rather than a number on a scale but I suspect I'm not going to be any lighter than 150lbs
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Its so great to see so many women focused on feeling good in their skin, rather than focused on the number. My first goal is 167 - seems random, but that was the weight I was when I got pregnant 8 years ago. Sigh. Never got back there. That puts me at a 10. I may go for 155 once I get there, but thats a long way off. I'm 5 ft 5" and 190 right now.
  • kavanaghev
    kavanaghev Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5". I felt curvy and sexy at 160 in a size 10 and I feel sexy now at 140 in a size 4.

My mother is a size 4 as well, but she is 115 pounds and an inch shorter than me, my sister is a size 4 and probably 125/130. I don't think I have a large frame, per say, although I used to think that. It's crazy how wildly we all differ. We all wear size small/xsmall, although I think my mom LOOKS considerably smaller than my sister or me. The difference between us might ultimately be that I do a fair amount of strength training with heavier weights and my sister is more of a cardio maniac.

If I was one of those people with major curves but great slender arms, I would be perfectly content at a higher weight and BF%. Unfortunately, I had to lose all over to get my arms to slim down and that was my main insecurity.
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    *bump*:smile:
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Iits gonna be all about my body fat and how I feel rather than a number on a scale but I suspect I'm not going to be any lighter than 150lbs

Greetings fellow UK14.

I don't imagine you need to be any lighter than 150lbs in all seriousness.
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all of the posts, but here is how you can determine your body frame size....

Measure around your wrist.

For a female that is 5'6":

Small Frame = Wrist size less than 6.25"
    Medium Frame = Wrist size between 6.25" and 6.5"
    Large Frame = Wrist size greater than 6.5"
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I'd be extremely happy with 155 lbs. When I was in college, I weighed about 140 lbs. and I thought I looked too skinny.
  • Lauren2H
    Lauren2H Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.5" and 228. My goal is a fit, strong body that I maintain with intuitive eating, whatever that number turns out to be (lower or higher then my # goal, which is 175). In my past that was a size 10-12 with muscles from sports. My current size goal is high end of normal (xl or l) because I dont want to have to shop at plus size stores anymore. So I'm starting up volleyball again and riding my bike to work and using MFP as a tool on the road to recovery.
  • kdcshesback
    kdcshesback Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6".. I used to be 120-130 before I had children, never have been able to get back to that since.

However, I am at 169lbs right now with a goal of 160 and I'm more fit now than I have ever been before. I am a size 6 and my BF% is 25%!

Set a goal that is attainable.. I started at 181lbs in January and aimed for 20. I most likely could have reached that goal already but I am really focusing more on gaining muscle, losing fat than what # I see on the scale.

I love your soon-to-be stats! 5'6", 160, 25% BF, size 6.

And you are right, as are many of the other women that have posted here, my main focus will be BF% from now on.

I love the fact that this thread showed so much diversity between weights, even though we all have similar heights. This has been a real eye opener and I thank you all! Feel free to keep adding stats and stories as it is very inspiring and thought provoking.

Good luck and continued success to all on their journey!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6".. I used to be 120-130 before I had children, never have been able to get back to that since.

However, I am at 169lbs right now with a goal of 160 and I'm more fit now than I have ever been before. I am a size 6 and my BF% is 25%!

Set a goal that is attainable.. I started at 181lbs in January and aimed for 20. I most likely could have reached that goal already but I am really focusing more on gaining muscle, losing fat than what # I see on the scale.

I love your soon-to-be stats! 5'6", 160, 25% BF, size 6.

And you are right, as are many of the other women that have posted here, my main focus will be BF% from now on.

I love the fact that this thread showed so much diversity between weights, even though we all have similar heights. This has been a real eye opener and I thank you all! Feel free to keep adding stats and stories as it is very inspiring and thought provoking.

Good luck and continued success to all on their journey!

Just to clarify, my goal is 160.

Right now I am at 25%BF and a size 6.

Anything is possible :)
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 154, and from there I will see how I look/feel, but honestly with as big a frame I have, I think any smaller I will look sick.

I used one of those electronic body fat monitors and it says I am within normal range for body fat, but on the high end of normal. According to BMI, I am obese. So yeah, I guess I have a big frame. I am a cross between a redneck and a Cajun so I was sort of doomed to this...
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal is 145. I am curvy. Im 165 now and i can see my hip bones so not sure if anything lower than 145 would look good. We'll see!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just want to get light enough that my feet don't hurt as I stand around all day at work, Mon-Fri. I would also like to get into a size 10/12 (UK size)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!