share your NSV for today!

Options

Replies

• jessbaby26
    Options
    Today my boyfriend told me he thinks my thighs are getting firmer.It may have been the new jeans I was wearing but since it was the first comment about my weight loss he has made it made me feel great!:smile:
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I posted a thread about this, but I should have just posted here. I am a picker, for lack of a better term. I dislike picker, but since American Pickers everyone knows what I mean.

I was in a garage looking through a box of stuff. When I do that, I'll pick up lighter boxes and balance against my stomach rather than try to crawl around on a floor. The box kept slipping today, and I realized I'd been using a shelf of fat, and it's no longer there!
  • hlgriffin08
    hlgriffin08 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I got a BEAUTIFUL ring with my birthstone (sapphire) on it for my high school graduation-- that was five years ago. I have not been able to wear it for the past two years... Been wearing it for the past week... AND it's a little loose! :D
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, bought a pair of shorts in a size I never thought would be possible for me. Today, ran 4 miles. :smile:
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My size 12 jeans are now getting to the point where I need to keep pulling them up! Means I need to wear a belt with them ;D
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Since 7/26/11 I've been working on doing a push-up. A REAL one, nose to the mat, no break in form, no rear end in the air, full fledge push-up!
    I had a double mastectomy and my chest muscles just wouldn't ever allow me to do a push-up. Well I've been working hard to develope my shoulders, back, chest and arms and last night at the gym I did a REAL ONE!!!!! YAY FOR ME! Now I'd like to do 5 real ones in a row and I'm going to work on a pull up/chin up :)

That is awe inspiring!

ETA my NSV: Wife and I went to dinner on Wednesday, with me in the size 44 waist jeans I recently bought. She told me it was time to shopping for smaller ones because those were falling off...even with the belt on...:heart::drinker:
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i wore a size 10 pair of jeans today its been maybe 12 months since !!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of 16 shorts that I found on clearance this morning, thinking that they might fit by the time it gets warm enough to wear them....I've been between 18-22. I tried them on just to see how far I had to go, and THEY FIT.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    My buddy mentioned today that I'm making Tony Horton's shoulders look like baby shoulders.. and this was while we were doing legs!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I had the courage to serve brown rice to friends and they loved it. A new staple in my cupboard. No more buying white rice
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Ran a 9 minute mile...right after eating dinner, and no issues.
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    not much, but I was able to mop the entire main floor without being out of breath. mind you, it's only one big area and the kitchen, but for me, it was a small victory!
  • Nige_Gsy
    Nige_Gsy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Getting told at my checkup that I can stop the blood pressure meds.
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was able to pass up the bagels at breakfast!
  • lparizek
    lparizek Posts: 3
    Options
    Putting on a size XL shirt...that actually fits!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Scary NSV - Had to take my wedding ring off for the first time ever before my swim class because it was to loose and I did not want to lose in the pool.
  • jolenelf
    jolenelf Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Two months ago I could not run a half mile. Today I ran 6 miles. And I am still standing!! :D

Congratulations everyone on your NSVs!
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I will have to buy new shorts this summer. Did yard work last weekend in my current pair and they were falling off. Slacking and yard work: Bad mix. LOL!

Congrats to every one!
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I went thru 4 pairs of pants this morning before work until I found a pair that kind of fit enough not to look like parachute pants!

HA! Now that is a tragedy we can live with! Hooray for you!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Sat down in the arm chair in my professor's office, with out thinking, and didn't feel the arms digging into my hips! It's been kind of embarrassing when I have to talk to any of the professors because the chairs felt so tight it was uncomfortable before.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!