Health food not so healthy???

Options

Replies

• Beata375
    Beata375 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Gosh you all are so smart

My thoughts exactly! I posted this to get more active on the message boards, however didn't expect so many smart *kitten* snarky people. Feels like high school... not grown ups trying to be helpful. Very disappointing. Lesson learned!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I am being helpful, I'm telling you not to be scared of your food. :)
  • Beata375
    Options
    The "bad" foods...

Fruit, Vegetables, whole grains, not whole grains, dairy, soy, anything with chemicals in it, anything without chemicals in it, water, sugar, alcohol, legumes, nuts, eggs, egg whites, egg substitutes, herbs, spices, sugar again,...

f'in paranoid MFP universe...

1290603068_crazy-brazilian-murderer-interview.gif

Can I just ask you something? Why bother responding if you have nothing positive to say? I could do without your smart *kitten* comments. Thought these message boards were for support... not for people to beat you down and make you feel like an a-hole.
    I hope one day you realize that there are real people on another computer reading your comments, and they have feelings. Last thing I expected was so many snarky, hurtful comments.
  • Beata375
    Options
    The "bad" foods...

Fruit, Vegetables, whole grains, not whole grains, dairy, soy, anything with chemicals in it, anything without chemicals in it, water, sugar, alcohol, legumes, nuts, eggs, egg whites, egg substitutes, herbs, spices, sugar again,...

if you all are happy and seeing success eating whatever foods you want, then great! but if other people choose to live a different lifestyle than you, why does that give you the right to criticize and troll their threads? the guy was asking a simple question, and half of you jumped in here to flame against people who are more meticulous about their diets. I don't do lactose, and I have currently cut out grains as well. Does that make me orthorexic or paranoid? Absolutely not. I love food and I love my life. But I also am fascinated by the human body, and in my research I've learned some amazing things about how the body can heal itself and work at its optimal level if you feed it the nutrients it really wants - so that's what I strive to do.

You don't have to agree. That's your choice. But why do you all feel the need to flame people who view things differently than you?

I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I can't even begin to tell you how hurtful some of these comments have been for me to read. think I'll stay away from the message boards and the snarky immature people on them. Not worth it. Thought the purpose was something completely different.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The "bad" foods...

if you all are happy and seeing success eating whatever foods you want, then great! but if other people choose to live a different lifestyle than you, why does that give you the right to criticize and troll their threads? the guy was asking a simple question, and half of you jumped in here to flame against people who are more meticulous about their diets. I don't do lactose, and I have currently cut out grains as well. Does that make me orthorexic or paranoid? Absolutely not. I love food and I love my life. But I also am fascinated by the human body, and in my research I've learned some amazing things about how the body can heal itself and work at its optimal level if you feed it the nutrients it really wants - so that's what I strive to do.

You don't have to agree. That's your choice. But why do you all feel the need to flame people who view things differently than you?

I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I can't even begin to tell you how hurtful some of these comments have been for me to read. think I'll stay away from the message boards and the snarky immature people on them. Not worth it. Thought the purpose was something completely different.

you won't eat certain foods because of email chain letters, but we're the immature ones.
  • Beata375
    Options
    And this why I stay completely away from food!!!!!!.....and now i am afraid of water!!! :tongue:

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Eat, exercise, die anyways!!!

Quite a snarky comment from a "Christian Wife" ~ you people with some of these comments need to seriously reconsider what you post, and how you come across. Pretty sad.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good article about almond milk.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/coconut-and-almond-milk-in-cartons-not-a-healthy-buy/
    Almond Milk:(
    Grains/legumes/dairy

Why is almond milk "bad"?

LOL I will take my chances. Food kooks are my pet peeve. This is bad for you. That is bad for you. This food has .000002% of a DANGEROUS chemical not proven to actually do anything but let's be paranoid about it. Gluten blah blah blah.

Effin agreed.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    And this why I stay completely away from food!!!!!!.....and now i am afraid of water!!! :tongue:

Quite a snarky comment from a "Christian Wife" ~ you people with some of these comments need to seriously reconsider what you post, and how you come across. Pretty sad.

No need to attack someone or their religion. It was not a mean or hateful post. Just someone making a joke.
  • Beata375
    Options
    What is the one food that you used to think was a healthy choice that you have since learned otherwise?

For me its the Baby Carrots. Learning they are doused in chlorine and "bred" to be little ~ it grosses me out enough to not eat them anymore. What's your food?

Let's just point out the elephant in the room shall we? Baby carrots are bad for you, says the woman holding a Dairy Queen Blizzard cup. Have you ever looked into how the ice cream and candy is made that created your blizzard?!?!!?

Perhaps you consider that the picture is a few years old?
  • Beata375
    Options

ETA: Forgot to add MY not-healthy "health" foods: ALL grains (whole or not), beans, dairy, fruit juice, soymilk (all soy), agave.

How do you manage to stay away from all soy? I was placed on a very strict diet when my son was a baby, and soy was one of the things I had to stay away from, and it was the hardest thing to avoid.
  • judydelo1
    judydelo1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

ETA: Forgot to add MY not-healthy "health" foods: ALL grains (whole or not), beans, dairy, fruit juice, soymilk (all soy), agave.

How do you manage to stay away from all soy? I was placed on a very strict diet when my son was a baby, and soy was one of the things I had to stay away from, and it was the hardest thing to avoid.

I do by eating only home cooked meals and reading labels.
  • Beata375
    Options

Low fat anything. If it's not already naturally low in fat, slapping "low fat" on the label guarantees that I won't buy it.

I absolutely agree with you.
  • AndyLL180
    AndyLL180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots are cut from larger "imperfect" carrots. They are not 'bred". They are rinsed in a chlorine solution, then rinsed again with clean water. Do you not wash your veggies before eating them?

Not in bleach, I don't!

When I was a restaurant manager we were required to wipe down everything in a weak bleach solution.
  • judydelo1
    Options
    I personally watch what I eat very carefully but I'm NOT AFRAID OF MY FOOD, lol.

Actually, I adore food. I also love being part of the whole process of growing our own food. My family takes great pleasure in growing food and creating delicious meals using incredibly nutritious ingredients.
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This thread should get interesting...

1242925128_houseomnomnom.gif

:laugh:
  • Beata375
    Options
    The "bad" foods...

you won't eat certain foods because of email chain letters, but we're the immature ones.

I won't eat certain foods because of what I've read about them. NOTHING to do with chain emails actually. And yet, if you read anything about it, you would know that the way they USED to be made back in the 80's when they were first introduced is not the same way they are today.... much like alot of the foods available at the stores today.

Honestly, people make alot of assumptions on here ~ without for one second realizing that there is a real person on the other end reading the comments. And regardless of how you feel about it, I do have feelings ~ and I didn't realize THIS was the purpose of the boards. Now I know.
  • judydelo1
    Options
    "the President's Cancer Panel released a report urging Americans to eat organic food

This makes absolutely no sense, since organic produce contains more mutagens than conventionally-raised produced. (Not that the levels of either are any cause for concern).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxE9sYatPAs

ROFL
  • Beata375
    Options

No need to attack someone or their religion. It was not a mean or hateful post. Just someone making a joke.

How exactly did I attack? and my post had NOTHING to do with religion, but with the name she chose for herself on these boards. And yes it was a snarky comment. and immature. Not something I'd expect from someone who calls herself a christian wife.
  • NaBroski
    NaBroski Posts: 206
    Options
    "the President's Cancer Panel released a report urging Americans to eat organic food

This makes absolutely no sense, since organic produce contains more mutagens than conventionally-raised produced. (Not that the levels of either are any cause for concern).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxE9sYatPAs
    ROFL

Did you watch the video? What, exactly do you find funny about it (other than the fact that it challenges your previously held beliefs)?

There are more rodent carcinogens in a single cup of coffee than potentially carcinogenic pesticide residues in the average American diet in a year, and there are still a thousand chemicals left to test in roasted coffee. This does not mean that coffee is dangerous but rather that animal cancer tests and worst-case risk assessment, build in enormous safety factors and should not be considered true risks. The reason humans can eat the tremendous variety of natural chemical "rodent carcinogens" is that humans, like other animals, are extremely well protected by many general defense enzymes, most of which are inducible (i.e., whenever a defense enzyme is in use, more of it is made). Since the defense enzymes are equally effective against natural and synthetic chemicals one does not expect, nor does one find, a general difference between synthetic and natural chemicals in ability to cause cancer in high-dose rodent tests. The idea that there is an epidemic of human cancer caused by synthetic industrial chemicals is false. In addition, there is a steady rise in life expectancy in the developed countries. Linear extrapolation from the maximum tolerated dose in rodents to low level exposure in humans has led to grossly exaggerated mortality forecasts.

Ames, B.N. and Gold, L.S. (1998) The causes and prevention of cancer: the role of environment. Biotherapy 11:205-20.
  • Beata375
    Options
    I am being helpful, I'm telling you not to be scared of your food. :)

I'm not scared of my food. I choose my food wisely. Thanks for your concern :)