Observation: Anyone on here drink cow milk?

Options

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I drink cows' milk every day - in my coffee, in porridge etc. I have 2 young kids and we get through a LOT of milk!
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Organic full fat milk in our fridge. Preferably RAW, when I have time to drive to the local farm.

Raw full fat milk tastes like heaven!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Formerly lactose intolerant, I use cow milk in things that call for it, but I don't drink milk of any ilk.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I love milk and cheese, and drink chocolate milk at bedtime just about every night.
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I drink cows milk. I don't like soy milk and I only like almond and coconut milk if it's chocolate. I also can't see paying $4 for half a gallon of those milks.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I've never liked the taste of regular milk but I drink chocolate milk and lots of other dairy products. I don't think there's anything wrong with milk, I just don't like the taste.
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    I drink it daily.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing a lot lately that cow's milk is unhealthy for human consumption. It is made for calves to get big or something to that effect.
    Well that explains why I have such big calves.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I drink cow's milk and almond milk...
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste of store bought cows milk. I didn't even as a kid. I could drink a whole gallon in one sitting of milk fresh off the farm though. It's amazing how much better it tastes pretty much straight from the cow.
  • Bigmitch41
    Bigmitch41 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Love it, I worked in the dairy industry for 10 years and that hasnt put me off at all, half fat for me and pasturised is fine, having seen what comes out of the filters after unloading the raw milk, Id rather go with a little heat treatment, filtered and then refrigerated :)
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I drink cow's milk. I am hypothyroid an soy products are a big no for me.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing a lot lately that cow's milk is unhealthy for human consumption. It is made for calves to get big or something to that effect.
    Well that explains why I have such big calves.
    Not to mention that calves go through a "growing cycle" that nothing is going to interfere with. The milk is for nutrition, and why I drink it, not to mention it tastes damn fine especially when it's in cheese, yogurt and ice cream.:smile:
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't like milk of any kind, so I don't drink it. I do cook with cow's milk though because I know exactly how it's going to behave and taste, plus others in my household drink it so it's available.

I do enjoy the image of someone milking an almond though, a la Meet the Parents.
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just.. can't. It's stupid. I love 2% fat Greek yogurt, cheese, ice cream, cream in my coffee, but I can not drink milk. Almond milk is the way to go for me.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I drink almond milk because it's lower in calories. When I get down to a weight where I start a bulk... that's when I go to full fat cow's milk :bigsmile:
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I like cow's milk....but I was raised on a farm for half my childhood. I like almond milk if it's mixed with something, but I don't like drinking it plain.

I'm with you! My cow milk comes directly from the farm. (you can visit the farm and watch the cows get milked at 3pm everyday while getting your milk) Though I'm not one to drink plain milk I do enjoy in my cereal and lattes. Almond milk is the only alternative I'll drink and again only in cereal or oatmeal. Tried to drink a glass of coffee milk (a Rhode Island thing) but couldn't do it! lol
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I drink cows milk and I love it. Also eat cheese products.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Good heavens OP, that pic is enough to scare the bejeezus out of little children! Yikes!

I love cows milk, but I do the unsweetened vanilla almond milk for my coffee. If I am out and about, I'll get the dairy but otherwise, it's more of a special occasion type of drink.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I love milk and yogurt and cheese and ice cream.

I aim for at least 1 serving of each a day! nom nom nom nom