Yolk or no yolk

Options
Kttyler87
Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
I love Yolk with my scrambled eggs or just regular eggs. I'm getting mixed reviews from people because some say if you have the yolk it's fattening, but some say that if you have the yolk you're getting good nutrition what is it?!? Haha

What's best for weight loss to do?

Replies

• freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Fats are good as long as you don't eat ALL fats. If you like yolk, eat it. Everything in moderation~
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I eat the yolks. I'm eating 1850 cals/day and my macros are 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein. Eating egg yolks helps to get my 30% fat calories from healthy sources. They are chock full of healthy fats and fat soluble vitamins. I eat quite a few eggs as well, they're a good source of protein. I might eat 3 or 4 in one meal, including the yolks.

Food is only fattening if you eat too much of it. Log it and stay within your calories and macros and you can still lose weight while eating it.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i usually have two eggs for bfast, but only one of the yolks.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    You consume more calories if you eat the yolk but you also get more nutrition. It's a good trade off. Eat the yolk.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I eat it. I want the nutrients, and it helps me meet my fat macros for the day!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yolk.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The yolk is where the money is
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Yolk!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I always eat the yolks. I try to go over in protein so that helps
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I have no respect for those that don't eat the yolk.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    definitely yolk, why bother otherwise? and what to do with the yolk? good nutrition, just more cals but if you account for it, why care?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Yolk. Fat is not inherently evil and is essential to the functions of the body.

If you're worried about fat have your egg poached or boiled so your not adding extra cooking fat.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Yolk! or what's the point of an egg? then you just have white...fluff. the yolk is filling, and nutrient/vitamin packed with good fats.

eat the yolk...not just fluff
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yolk, because the chicken worked so darn hard!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    All the nutrition is in the yolk.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Definitely yolk! Its where most of the nutrition is!
  • gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    when you take the yolk out of an egg you might as well throw it in the garbage because you just threw out all the nutrients anyhow. Eat the yolk. There aren't as many calories in an egg as people might think. Even then you need the nutrients that eggs provide. They are good for protein.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Any food is only "fattening" if you eat so much of it that you exceed your daily energy requirements. Yolks are very nutritious and are fine to eat as part of a balanced diet. As long as you're logging them, and making sure that you stay under your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), then they won't make you gain weight.
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    The yolk is where the cholesterol is. I love the yolk but I limit mine. On occasion when scrambling eggs I only use one yolk. But if you don't need to worry about cholesterol eat it. They're yummy!
  • doctorwhome
    Options
    Definitely yolk...there is fat and cholesterol in there, but it will raise your good cholesterol. As long as you're not eating 3 or 4 eggs a day. With that being said, I like the taste of egg whites so I still eat them. I also will scramble one whole egg with two egg whites. I guess I'm all over the place.