Yolk or no yolk

Options

Replies

• millermail
    Options
    Yolks are good for you. Dr. Oz says to eat a whole egg everyday. I do, and I am losing weight. I love yolks!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Yolk.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I also have two eggs for breakfast and only eat one yolk.
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Definitely yolk...there is fat and cholesterol in there, but it will raise your good cholesterol. As long as you're not eating 3 or 4 eggs a day. With that being said, I like the taste of egg whites so I still eat them. I also will scramble one whole egg with two egg whites. I guess I'm all over the place.

I tend to eat 8 whole eggs on most days and my cholesterol levels are normal. I'm sure it depends on how active you are and how healthy your cholesterol levels are to begin with. Despite a sedentary job environment, I exercise like the zombie apocalypse is coming. But someone trying to get their cholesterol down should not be following my lead.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Yolk all the way!! So delish!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Yolk and i eat alot of eggs.
  • Icedancer94
    Icedancer94 Posts: 108
    Options
    Yolk, always!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Yolk. It's the best part.
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yolk. Always yolk! Don't let that chicken die in vain!!! Actually I don't know if any chickens die in the eating of an egg but its an old joke that I still find funny.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    YOLK! I eat more than a dozen eggs per week and I haven't had any trouble losing fat. And I agree with those who say it's healthy and helps me reach my macro goals :)
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yolk it
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'll skip the yolks if I'm trying to conserve calories for a meal out or special occasion while still getting my protein in... but otherwise I'll eat 2-4 whole eggs a day.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I had to cover my hens ears............they work SOOOO hard to produce the eggs! EAT THE YOLK
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs very often so I always have the yolk. It's the only reason I eat eggs. They're liquid chickens.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    The yolk has so many great nutrients. Cholesterol and fat in the food doesn't mean cholesterol in your blood. We need cholesterol.
    Doesn't matter how much fat I eat. My cholesterol went from high to normal by cutting carbs down and increase fat and cholesterol intake. Love my whole scrambled eggs with cheese and sausage for breakfast. :bigsmile:
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 yolk, 5 no yolk.. haha :-)
  • hiphopdisco
    hiphopdisco Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yolk for sure. Fear of eggs belongs in the 70's with bell bottoms.....You need the protein
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I can't eat just egg whites so I have to have the yolks in it
  • juliejenkins5
    Options
    yolks!