Number of calories for Breakfast

Options

Replies

• PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    And as it has been stated, yes i cannot hop on a scale to see how much i lost because the scales don't go high enough. but i am measuring neck, waist and tummy. And if i would not lose any weight i would not have lost 10 cm around my tummy.. just saying :)

That was nice of you to check back in. Wish you the best!! :flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    And as it has been stated, yes i cannot hop on a scale to see how much i lost because the scales don't go high enough. but i am measuring neck, waist and tummy. And if i would not lose any weight i would not have lost 10 cm around my tummy.. just saying :)

I am so sorry for all the rude comments directed towards your innocent responce to the OP. You're doing really great! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • chandnikhondji
    chandnikhondji Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    thank you :)

I did not reply earlier because there is no "no new posts to the forum you replied to" notification email option. I am very bad with forums when i don't that that notification and would not have checked if i would not have gotten a nice PM asking me if i have been chased away. Was wondering why she thought that so here i am *lol*
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

I did not reply earlier because there is no "no new posts to the forum you replied to" notification email option. I am very bad with forums when i don't that that notification and would not have checked if i would not have gotten a nice PM asking me if i have been chased away. Was wondering why she thought that so here i am *lol*

I'm glad you're doing things the right way here.

And if you look at the top of the page here, and click on My Topics, that will show you all the topics you've replied in or started, it might be easier for you to keep track that way.
  • Elli126
    Elli126 Posts: 28
    Options
    [/quote]

I struggled majorly too. I do eat eggs, but I like to spice it up a bit. I've recently discovered greek yogurt and cottage cheese for breakfast. The Chobani greek yogurts have between 14-18grams of protein for a 6 oz. serving and the Hood Low Fat/No Salt Added cottage cheese has 14g of protein for 1/2 cup serving. The cottage cheese texture is sort of weird for me, so I cut up strawberries and mix them in :)
    [/quote]

Thanks for the tip :-)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 300 calories for breakfast out of 1400-1700 calories a day (well, most days :laugh:).

PS - Firstly, yes, the drama is ridiculous (yep, I'm passing judgment :tongue:). Secondly, however, the drama ABOUT the drama is even more ridiculous.

And yes, now I realize I'm being dramatic about the drama about the drama (:tongue:), but I really felt a strong need to make that point. :laugh: Especially to the poster(s) here who seem to do very little on the MFP message boards but whine about people getting along. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you can't be civil. If no one ever disagreed I don't think learning or inventions or any progress at all would ever be made. Unfortunately, people on MFP don't always take that approach, but at the end of the day I can honestly say no drama on MFP has ever affected me negatively. Yep, I've ticked some folks off. Yep, some folks have ticked me off. Such is life! Overall, I've learned a whole lot on MFP that I never would have learned without people posting their disagreements and unsolicited advice and opinions. It's really really really going to be okay! :wink:
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options

Chandni, honey, you're kicking *kitten*.

And just FYI, before I started this site, I would ROUTINELY have a 750 calorie breakfast. I mean, almost daily. Now mine hovers around 250-300, but that's because I cut Starbucks out of my life.

My thought here would be that, if you don't know the person you're speaking about, it's probably best to not comment on THEIR weight loss journey. Everyone's journey is different.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    I usually eat around 300 calories for breakfast out of 1400-1700 calories a day (well, most days :laugh:).

PS - Firstly, yes, the drama is ridiculous (yep, I'm passing judgment :tongue:). Secondly, however, the drama ABOUT the drama is even more ridiculous.

And yes, now I realize I'm being dramatic about the drama about the drama (:tongue:), but I really felt a strong need to make that point. :laugh: Especially to the poster(s) here who seem to do very little on the MFP message boards but whine about people getting along. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you can't be civil. If no one ever disagreed I don't think learning or inventions or any progress at all would ever be made. Unfortunately, people on MFP don't always take that approach, but at the end of the day I can honestly say no drama on MFP has ever affected me negatively. Yep, I've ticked some folks off. Yep, some folks have ticked me off. Such is life! Overall, I've learned a whole lot on MFP that I never would have learned without people posting their disagreements and unsolicited advice and opinions. It's really really really going to be okay! :wink:

Very well said - thank you.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Keep on keeping on Chandy,,, you rock honey. I've never met a 6'-3" woman, but I'd sure like to.
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options

YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Obviously Chan has not been chased away,...but I bet echaos may never pose a question again :bigsmile: ...ask one simple, innocent question and this is what you get???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I am "friends" with Chandy on here and I can tell you that what she is doing is amazing... she's got an amazing attitude and bravery beyond anything that I could ever imagine. I understand that certain people might have been concerned at what her ticker said (or didn't) but if you're TRULY concerned - send her a PM. There are several messages that came across as harsh and downright critical on this thread and it's a shame since we're here to support one another. Chandy has a lot of weight to lose... and she's doing it in the right way. Everytime that Chandy posts on here - it inspires me to do more.

When I see that she's logged exercise, I think - if Chandy can do it, so can I. When she logs everyday... I think... there's no excuse for me NOT to log. When she admits (in writing) how much she has to lose... it gives me courage to be forthcoming with my weight as well.

I'm sure that having that much weight is almost inconceivable to some... but isn't it wonderful to know that MFP works... no matter how much weight you have to lose? Isn't it wonderful to know that this site is here for people who have 10 lbs to lose as well as for those who have several hundred pounds to lose? I encourage everyone to REALLY think about how amazing that is...

I'm SO, SO proud of her... and how far she has come. Keep up the good work sweetie!

To answer the original question - I eat between 300-400 calories for breakfast each day.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

Hey, I just wanted to say I think you're handling this well and maturely. It's unfortunate when unsolicted advice is given in an open forum - and even worse when the conrcerns/advice isn't even scientifically correct. I really admire your positive attitude. :smile:
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am "friends" with Chandy on here and I can tell you that what she is doing is amazing... she's got an amazing attitude and bravery beyond anything that I could ever imagine. I understand that certain people might have been concerned at what her ticker said (or didn't) but if you're TRULY concerned - send her a PM. There are several messages that came across as harsh and downright critical on this thread and it's a shame since we're here to support one another. Chandy has a lot of weight to lose... and she's doing it in the right way. Everytime that Chandy posts on here - it inspires me to do more.

When I see that she's logged exercise, I think - if Chandy can do it, so can I. When she logs everyday... I think... there's no excuse for me NOT to log. When she admits (in writing) how much she has to lose... it gives me courage to be forthcoming with my weight as well.

I'm sure that having that much weight is almost inconceivable to some... but isn't it wonderful to know that MFP works... no matter how much weight you have to lose? Isn't it wonderful to know that this site is here for people who have 10 lbs to lose as well as for those who have several hundred pounds to lose? I encourage everyone to REALLY think about how amazing that is...

I'm SO, SO proud of her... and how far she has come. Keep up the good work sweetie!

To answer the original question - I eat between 300-400 calories for breakfast each day.

What he said (and thank you for saying it!!)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Especially to the poster(s) here who seem to do very little on the MFP message boards but whine about people getting along.
    I would rather gouge my eyes out than respond here but I can not help myself. I think I need counseling of some sort!

I have re-read this thread. It looks like I am the 'WHINER' for peace. Watch out for me -All I do on this site is find your threads and beg you to make peace and play nice. Alert - Alert have you seen this man??!!

I can see why sniping and hurtful regurgitation of subject matter would feed some peoples egos from behind their keyboards so in the future I will modify my behavior so as to allow the free range of emotions that some feel they are entitled to here on this 'community'.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Chandy, I just wanted to say that you're quite brave for coming back here to respond! Keep on doing what you're doing and good luck with your journey:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I think I need counseling of some sort!

Hey we could all use some of that, nothing wrong with that for sure! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • kristinelw
    Options
    My breakfast is usually somewhere between 350 and 600 calories, and it is easily my biggest meal. I like to run in the morning, so my breakfast often consist of two meals, a prerun banana and a glass of milk and then the "real" breakfast postrun. I usually have oatmeal with milk and some kind of fruit/berry/nut and a cup of green tea afterwards (while reading the newspaper :).

I love my big breakfast, and would rather cut calories from every other meal than cut anything from the breakfast.
  • Marie45
    Marie45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm quite relieved to see everyone else's calorie totals for breakfast! I've just started logging my calories on here, and I was getting worried because my breakfast total this morning was 400, which I saw as high, even though to me, it was a very healthy breakfast (cereal, OJ, banana). Glad to realise that some others are eating around the same amount.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I usually have between 200-400 calories for breakfast...usually some kind of museli/granola cereal with yoghurt, and then I usually have a banana mid-morning. I hated bananas until around 6 weeks ago, and I just decided that I was an adult, and was going to start eating them because
    1)They are an easy and filling snack, and
    2)Brilliant to eat after Ive been to the gym/ walked into work. Now I love them.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I eat 400-500 every meal. A good breakfast keeps me from being weak around treats at work.