12 week get ready for summer!!

Options
I'm 213 lbs goal is 200 by June 22. 12 weeks until then. I'm a certified Personal trainer and nutritionist and I would love to help others along this 12 week journey. Feel free to message me.

Replies

• mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    I'm interested!!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 161 looking to get to 150 and. To get rid of my muffin top! I'm mainly a UK size 12 (us 8), sometimes smaller in tops, and want to fit nicely into all my old trousers. I seem to be losing weight so slowly at the moment, despite my diet being good and doing lots of exercise. Any help would be welcome!
  • milkymoo24
    Options
    I'd love some advice too :)
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    I am almost through with a twelve week challenge on a mfp group. So far i have lost 6 lbs in 11 weeks i think. Not bad. Would welcome any feedback you might offer? Feel free to add me!
  • ajohnson1567
    ajohnson1567 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • jess_goobie
    jess_goobie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    im in getting married august 31st and honeymoon right after. love to lose about 50 lbs

thats about 2lbs a week. totaly doable
  • emh83
    emh83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    going on my hols 12 weeks 2moro,... need maximum weight loss PLEASE help me xxx
  • fitinthirteen
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 5'-3", 136 and aiming for 121; moderately fit but upping the ante. I'm looking to lose 15 in 15 wks- I'm new here, any advice (and friends) would be welcome!
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My sisters getting married June 11! I wanna do it and i need help!!
  • mikehart164
    mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    12 week transformation starts Monday March 18th and will go until June 10th. I'm a certified trainer with a B.S. Kinesiology from Penn State University NSCA-CPT and also a certified AFPA Nutritionist and Wellness Consultant. I have 8 years experience and I train 25-30 clients per week. I'm looking to support and help as many people as I can because it is my calling in life. The 12 week transformation challenge will give goals each week which we will all (including myself) intend to complete by weeks end. Any questions you have feel free to email or message me as I will periodically check these throughout the week. It is my intention to update this on the Saturdays before to gear us all up for the week and allow time to prepare. I'm excited that you are joining me in this first attempt at a My Fitness Pal Tranformation assistance program. Best of luck and remember I'll be with you every step of the way!! Now get moving!
  • mikehart164
    mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and thank you for your interest in the 12 week get ready for summer support group. My goal here is to have everyone helping each other and supporting each other. I will offer some guidelines as to what I think will help. I also welcome any questions along the way. It looks as though we have about 10 people in our group so far and I’m sure a few more will join in as we progress.
    My name is Mike I’m 27 years old and I’ve been training for 8 years I live in Pennsylvania. What are all your names?

Week 1: Some of this stuff you may already doing but I think it is some of the most important aspects of losing weight and I want you all to try to implement most of these suggestions into your daily routine.

1. Water - 6-10 cups daily dependent on how much you are moving and sweating can even be more! No less than 6.

2. Cardio - Aim for 30-45 minutes of Cardio on most days of week or a minimum of 150-180 moderate-minimally intense cardio minutes per week. (Cycling, Elliptical, Walking, Running, Incline Treadmill, Aerobic Classic, etc.) Not so intense you do not want to do it the next day but intense enough to keep you shredding.

3. Strength Training - Those of you with gym memberships I would suggest 2-3 days per week weight lifting 8-10 exercises done for 3 sets of 12-20 repetitions. If you don't have a gym membership some dumbbells a yoga mat and a stability ball or medicine ball goes a long way. I will be posting some circuits to try as well.

4. Eat the Rainbow- No excuses if you don't like vegetables learn to blend them and drink as a smoothie. You should be eating a minimum of 2 fruits and 3-5 vegetables daily preferably of different Colors, because different colors adds different vitamins and minerals. Fruit is best eaten about 1 hour pre-workout and avoided the rest of the day due to high sugar content when trying to lose weight.

5. Weight Yourself - Only once per week Friday Mornings after using the restroom on the same scale with as little clothing as possible for accurate results.

6. Measurements - Waist around belly button with stomach released not sucked in and Hips widest point all the way around. Take these measurements now and every 4 weeks and post them back on the page.

7. Protein - Protein will help build muscle but remember you do not need to go crazy I would follow the recommendations on my fitness pal and perhaps go slightly over daily not under.

8. Carbohydrates- First 3 meals of the day mainly. Choose whole grains and non-refined (oatmeal, rice, quinoa, beans, vegetables, 100% whole grain bread up to 2 slices daily, low sodium couscous, etc.)

9. Fats - Avocados, Olive Oil, Nuts, Almond Milk, Coconut milk, you need fat to lose fat but be mindful of the calories.

10. Supplements - Not a big advocate if you want to do a protein shake post workout let me know and I can recommend some products. Also meal replacement protein bars I know some good ones. As far as vitamins and creatine and all that you don't need them unless you want to take them as long as you are following the fruit and vegetable protocol outlined above.

11. Motivation - The more people you have on board in your family and friends the better your results will be. Also having someone to walk run or elliptical with will make that 30-45 minutes roll on by quickly.

12. Sodium - Make sure you are staying under what MFP recommends this can be difficult but it can be done!!

13. Meals - I would say eat 3 moderate meals and 2 small snacks daily to keep metabolism up. Limit carbs within 3 hours of Bed.

14. Sleep - Come hell or high water 7-8 hours of sleep a night MAKE IT HAPPEN. Your body recovers while you sleep muscles are not made in the gym they are MADE IN BED AND IN THE KITCHEN.

15. Stretching - Look up full body stretching and do some quick 30 second stretches for each muscle group after each session to prevent injuries and provide Flexibility.

That is your starting point. Go get it I welcome questions and I look forward to helping you all reach your goals. Please Comment your name your starting weight, hips and waist measurements if comfortable sharing and goal weights on the message board. This is going to be fun! We will all be amazing come JUNE!! Go get it Friends!!
  • Dar100in1
    Dar100in1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Count for i me in ... Im leave for vacation at the end of May and want to lose 20 lbs before i go
  • jsanford45
    Options
    Thank you for your help. My goal is to lose 50 pounds and change my lifestyle one day at a time. I want to make taking care of myself an important part of my day and could really use encouragement to get started.
  • bobbie1965
    bobbie1965 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Count me in ;) I need a Coach & some on eto look at my food choices so this Grandmas in!! Lol
  • phyl88
    phyl88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey Mike, I think it's great you want to help others. I'd be crazy not to join. Please add me to your list. Im 5'8 and want to get to 170. I'm 184 now. Thanks, looking forward to getting and giving help.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Please add me to I could use some more motivation
  • NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I need some motivation :smile:
    I am 5 ft 5" and I started my weight loss journey at 255 lbs, I am currently down to 217 lbs, my goal is 180 lbs and would love to hear your advice
  • rosiewright1968
    Options
    Im new to this, sounds great count me in too x
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm ready and haven't done a good challenge in a while! Count me in! 193, would love to get to at least 180 by then!

ETA: Just saw the list. Too many variables. Maybe next time...
  • Mbwilliams8
    Options
    I would love to be a part of the group!!! I am 5'4 and want to lose 35 lbs by end of Septmeber. I have started running and have my first 5K (first one I plan on running in not walking most of the way) next weekend. I need as much help as possible.