Why im not losing weight???

Options
Im eating healthy as possible, lot of fruits, vegetables,no sugar,no meat, low carb,high fiber, protein from milkproducts,eggs ,under 1000 cal per day.and no meals after 4 pm. im working out for 1 hour everday. and im really constant. why im not getting skinny? ( rightnow im 5'3 123.3lbs)

Replies

• princess_goal
    princess_goal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    as crazy at it might sound, You maybe not eating enough, so you're body is on starvation mode...so anything you eat will be stored as fat...

Try to add some calories and see...!

also have you tried to take your measurements, maybe you are gaining muscles and losing fat, but on the scale it wont show

GOod LucK :)
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    Under 1000 calories is FAR TOO LITTLE.

You probably need at least 600 more calories.

Go check with this http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Then be sure and read this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

It also doesn't matter what time you eat. Your body can't tell time. All that crap about not skipping breakfast, eating 6 meals a day, and not eating after X pm is just crap. You can do all those things, but you certainly don't have to.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Im eating healthy as possible, lot of fruits, vegetables,no sugar,no meat, low carb,high fiber, under 1000 cal per day.and no meals after 4 pm. im working out for 1 hour everday. and im really constant. why im not getting skinny? ( rightnow im 5'3 123.3lbs)

You are only eating 1000 calories a day?? WHY???
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    obvious troll is obvious
  • angrykitty13
    angrykitty13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you're consuming lots of fruits and vegetables but no meats, what are you eating for protein?

Like everyone else has said--you're not eating enough at less than 1000 calories/day. Don't starve yourself, girl. Also, your weight for 5'3" isn't outlandish. Have you gotten your body fat tested? You might be at a very healthy weight for you at the moment.
  • kmbondy
    kmbondy Posts: 1
    Options
    Eat a real meal, Think of it this way, your body is on a lonely island and not letting go of any calories to conserve. Your are in starvation mode.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Under 1000 calories is insanely low, even for me, who is only 4'11. It would be extremely difficult to get all the nutrients that you need to not only fuel your workouts, but also to nourish your body.

Try upping your calories and switching up your workouts if you are doing the same thing everyday.
  • JLArispe
    JLArispe Posts: 62
    Options
    First, you are not eating enough in the day. Your body needs healthy carbs, fats and proteins in order to survive and give you the energy you need at the gym. If you burn 500 calories at the gym and are eating less then 1000 calories in that day, your body is is going into starvation mode and going to live off the stored fat you have provided it, which will then cause you not to loose weight, but to hold on to it. You need to eat more calories..whatever you burn at the gym you need to give back to your body. So, for example your daily intake is 1000 and you burn 400, you need to eat back those 400 calories but still eat your daily 1000 calories. If you are using the app correctly, it will tell you what you need for your daily intake. I am very active 6 days a week, with a daily intake of 1570. There are many days where I need to eat over 2200 a day, just to give back my body the fuel and energy that I burned. Its not about being skinny, but rather feeling good about yourself, looking good in your clothes and most importantly being healthy. Less then 1000 calories in a day is very unhealthy. Good luck to you!
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You people are trying to give weight loss advice to a girl who claims to want to lose weight yet she is 5'3'' and 123 lbs. I am 5'1'' and 123 lbs and overweight I am not. So... stop telling this girl how to lose weight and tell her something different. Tell her if she wants to tone up to lift weights, etc....

But I still stand by my original post that this person is trolling.
  • Tulipbirdy
    Options
    for protein im eating milk products, eggs and rarely some fish.but honestly not much...i get what you are saying
  • JLArispe
    JLArispe Posts: 62
    Options
    Under 1000 calories is FAR TOO LITTLE.

You probably need at least 600 more calories.

Go check with this http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Then be sure and read this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

It also doesn't matter what time you eat. Your body can't tell time. All that crap about not skipping breakfast, eating 6 meals a day, and not eating after X pm is just crap. You can do all those things, but you certainly don't have to.

It does matter what time of day you eat. If you eat a meal right before bed, you are not giving your body time to burn those calories, you should never eat a meal 3 hours before bed, your body goes into a resting stage and will store all those carbs, fats and unwated calories. Women should always eat a healthy breakfast, it does help with weight loss and will help with snacking unhealthy foods throughout the day.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is WAY to low
    Share your food diary so we can have a look at what you are eating
    Do you eat any protein AS you need that in your diet and good FATS
    why do you not eat meat are you a vegetarian ?
    and yes fruit is good for you but not you should limit yourself to 2 servings of fruit
    i do not think you need to lose any weight if you are really what you say you are but you really need to look at what a HEALTHY diet is as i dont think you are eating enough of GOOD foods
    go to the gym start a weight training program and tone those muscles and y0u will me amazed t how your body will change
  • Tulipbirdy
    Options
    please tell me why would i be a troll?
  • tGutierrez2012
    Options
    I've heard if you lost weight in a fast pace and then need to loose the little rest like (10lbs) you need to bump up the work? Eating healthy and 3 meals a day with little snack and push yourself harder at workouts. Hope you get to where you need to be:)
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    Im eating healthy as possible, lot of fruits, vegetables,no sugar,no meat, low carb,high fiber, under 1000 cal per day.and no meals after 4 pm. im working out for 1 hour everday. and im really constant. why im not getting skinny? ( rightnow im 5'3 123.3lbs)

because your'e eating too little. no one can eat under 1000cals and be healthy. you need to eat to lose weight!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    obvious troll is obvious

Yep!
  • Tulipbirdy
    Options
    Thank you for your advice:) i can share my diary, but a lot of meals are in my motherlanguage ( which is Hungarian) so you guys wont understand it. yes im a vegetarian, but im eating milk products, eggs, and sometimes even fish for protein. im really not starving, today i ate 200 cal more than usual
  • whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Some of your fruits have sugar, so limit yourself on which ones that carry most sugar. FYI
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options

It does matter what time of day you eat. If you eat a meal right before bed, you are not giving your body time to burn those calories, you should never eat a meal 3 hours before bed, your body goes into a resting stage and will store all those carbs, fats and unwated calories. Women should always eat a healthy breakfast, it does help with weight loss and will help with snacking unhealthy foods throughout the day.

Science says that's all false. I believe in science.