Why im not losing weight???

Options

Replies

• ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Under 1000 calories is FAR TOO LITTLE.

You probably need at least 600 more calories.

Go check with this http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Then be sure and read this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

It also doesn't matter what time you eat. Your body can't tell time. All that crap about not skipping breakfast, eating 6 meals a day, and not eating after X pm is just crap. You can do all those things, but you certainly don't have to.

It does matter what time of day you eat. If you eat a meal right before bed, you are not giving your body time to burn those calories, you should never eat a meal 3 hours before bed, your body goes into a resting stage and will store all those carbs, fats and unwated calories. Women should always eat a healthy breakfast, it does help with weight loss and will help with snacking unhealthy foods throughout the day.
    BRO SCIENCE
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    You people are trying to give weight loss advice to a girl who claims to want to lose weight yet she is 5'3'' and 123 lbs. I am 5'1'' and 123 lbs and overweight I am not. So... stop telling this girl how to lose weight and tell her something different. Tell her if she wants to tone up to lift weights, etc....

But I still stand by my original post that this person is trolling.
    lol yep
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It does matter what time of day you eat. If you eat a meal right before bed, you are not giving your body time to burn those calories, you should never eat a meal 3 hours before bed, your body goes into a resting stage and will store all those carbs, fats and unwated calories. Women should always eat a healthy breakfast, it does help with weight loss and will help with snacking unhealthy foods throughout the day.

Now that's a troll.
  • patiobee
    patiobee Posts: 7
    Options
    When you complete your diary at the end of each day are you not getting a message that if you eat too little your body will go into starvation mode and you will not lose weight?
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    I try to eat less than 1000 cals a day, usally it is only achived by means of exercise, the only exercise I get right now is from school. Im a cosmetologist, and Im on my feet all day, walking, bending, squating... My foot is injured and I cant wait to get back to the gym.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    under 1000 cal per day.and no meals after 4 pm. im working out for 1 hour everday. and im really constant. why im not getting skinny? ( rightnow im 5'3 123.3lbs)

At 5'3 and 123 - you have no weight to lose and likely are skinny. Stop killing yourself, please.
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    I try to eat less than 1000 cals a day, usally it is only achived by means of exercise, the only exercise I get right now is from school.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

100% completely wrong on all counts.
  • andres4317
    andres4317 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You have to replace the calories you burned. If you are consuming 1000 calories per day and then burning close to half with a daily workout, you need to replace the calories. You are already below what the average person would burn just going about their normal day. Your body does go into starvation mode. Also watch your sugar and sodium intake. I've lost 24 pounds in 50 days, during one week I had a positive weight gain of half a pound and I noticed my sugars and especially sodium was higher than daily goal for three days leading up to my biweekly weigh-in. I started paying attention to both of those and got back on track. Good luck and keep up with your efforts!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Think of your body as a high-performance machine (which of course, it is). You want to keep the gas tank full of high-grade fuel so your body can perform the way you want it to.

Right now, you are keeping the tank on empty.
  • saragregg
    saragregg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ^^^ agreed.
  • blanhe2
    blanhe2 Posts: 88
    Options
    Because you are not eating enough. You should be eating 1200 cals AND your exercise calories to lose weight!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/core_march_8.htm
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice:) i can share my diary, but a lot of meals are in my motherlanguage ( which is Hungarian) so you guys wont understand it. yes im a vegetarian, but im eating milk products, eggs, and sometimes even fish for protein. im really not starving, today i ate 200 cal more than usual

If u have been eating at this level for some time, your body will have adjusted to this and slowed your metabolism down (by reducing muscle mass.) minimum intake for healthy nutrition is 1200cal/day. If your not happy with your shape within the healthy weight range, then get to the gym, or use a home bodyweight programme to build some muscle and loose bodyfat. Your weight may not change but your body shape sure will, with pleasing results!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    At 5'3" and 123 lbs, you don't even NEED to lose any weight! Up your calories and start lifing, so you can TONE, but please, if nothing else, START EATING! You are not being kind to your body at 1000 calories a day and you could eventually have long standing health issues as a result.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    You're already skinny? :huh:
  • lvmygsp
    lvmygsp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like this thread. You guys are smart and giving great advice. Well, except for the one about it matters what time of day you eat. Even I know that one is out dated.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Because you are not eating enough. You should be eating 1200 cals AND your exercise calories to lose weight!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/core_march_8.htm

Again, I'm going to ask WHY people are telling this girl HOW to lose weight when she's 5'3'' and 123 lbs!?? Get with it, people.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    How long have you been working at this? I'll tell you what my boyfriend told me when I decided to lose weight: Starting from the day you start making changes to lose weight, don't look at the scale for at least a month. It'll take that long to see the results you want.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    You are 5'3" and 123. Need I say more?

You aren't "skinny"? Um, yes you probably are. What about your health? Are you intending to be skeletal?

Please, get some help for your distorted view of your body and/or eating disorder.

Edit: a fish is an animal. And meat and fat from wild or grass-fed animals is actually healthy (but I'm not saying that you have to eat it, just pointing out a fallacy). I'm pretty sure that your body (including brain) is in desperate need of abundant high quality fat and protein.