WTF, Who Says That?!?!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    So many questions?

Are there bars where tons of girls shoot pool? I thought that was only in the movies.

How does one find out beforehand if there will be tons of girls at a particular pool hall? Yelp or something?

You said it's your "rare night out" which indicates a long term relationship. So I doubt if this is the first time he's joked like this. Why is it a big deal today?

If you went, were the other women hot? If so, please share the name of this fine establishment. Next time I go home, my wife and I will check out some.....err....shoot some 'pool' .
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I know it's just typical guy talk, but I thought guys had that guy code crap of things you just don't say.

There's a guy code?

There ought to be. Maybe you should write one. But it wouldnt apply to idiots anyway, so OP would still be looking for a smarter version anyway.....
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    I know it's just typical guy talk, but I thought guys had that guy code crap of things you just don't say.

There's a guy code?

LOLZ...guy code? That's hilarious!

OP, if you let this guy say things like that, then proceeded to go out with him, then proceeded to let him pleasure himself with your goodies, you give him permission to treat you this way.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

There's a guy code?

LOLZ...guy code? That's hilarious!

OP, if you let this guy say things like that, then proceeded to go out with him, then proceeded to let him pleasure himself with your goodies, you give him permission to treat you this way.

I thought the rest was obvious. He's a douchecanoe. Even if he thinks it, it's just wrong for him to verbalize it, unless they are in an open relationship. But, if that were the case, I doubt she would have made a forum post.
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    So many questions?

Are there bars where tons of girls shoot pool? I thought that was only in the movies.

How does one find out beforehand if there will be tons of girls at a particular pool hall? Yelp or something?

You said it's your "rare night out" which indicates a long term relationship. So I doubt if this is the first time he's joked like this. Why is it a big deal today?

If you went, were the other women hot? If so, please share the name of this fine establishment. Next time I go home, my wife and I will check out some.....err....shoot some 'pool' .
    OMG soooo funny!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    "What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Billy Madison

We'll bring this up at the next poker night to decipher the guy code for you.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    On our one rare night out....

Me: What do you want to do?
    Him: Drink.
    Me: I want to play pool.
    Him: Ok. Find out where we can play pool and drink. Make sure there's a lot of girls.
    Me: WTF, What does that matter?
    Him: I don't want to go to a place where I have to look at a bunch of guys playing pool.

As if I'm not already super self conscious of my appearance right now. Thanks.

The beauty of gender mentality differences is that in his mind, this wasn't about you. But in your mind, it is. I am not going to take sides but I will give you a mans perspective. This wasn't about you. He just didn't wanted to be surrounded only by guys.

If a girl goes to a all girls party, its got some potential. If a guy goes to an all guys party, thats a lame party. If a few girls show you, you know what that party is? Better!

Bottom line, not about you. I wouldn't have said it but then again, I know that in a womans mind, everything is about her and we're not allowed to say things that doesn't involve her (because she will just assume that it is about her)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Wow, the lack of sense of humor in this thread is appalling. Or maybe it's just everyone is way too insecure. My wife admires other men (and women.) I admire other women. It's a natural thing. If you get bent out of shape over your significant other looking at someone else, or commenting about looking at someone else, then the problem isn't with your significant other.
    So many questions?

Yes, right, 'shoot pool...'
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Wow, the lack of sense of humor in this thread is appalling. Or maybe it's just everyone is way too insecure. My wife admires other men (and women.) I admire other women. It's a natural thing. If you get bent out of shape over your significant other looking at someone else, or commenting about looking at someone else, then the problem isn't with your significant other.
    So many questions?

I am a really laid back person, and I think it is great that you and your wife are that way...

But I don't know about his approach...asking to make sure there are girls? tacky and lame.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I personally think my wife would worry more if I wanted to go to a bar that had all guys in it...
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    So many questions?

I am a really laid back person, and I think it is great that you and your wife are that way...

But I don't know about his approach...asking to make sure there are girls? tacky and lame.
    Pretty much this.

If my husband said that to me, I would laugh wildly, but we joke like that all the time. That's *our* relationship.

Most folks don't have that kind of relationship, so saying something like that to your SO is a bit....dumb.

That being said, I'm not even sure this guy is her SO. If he is, lame. If not, get over it.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Meh, another thread about a guy making some meaningless offhand comment, and a girl analyzing it to death. Read more Cosmo. I think there was a thread on that already this morning.

Edit: Let me add that bringing your cute girlfriend/wife/whathaveyou into the average rat infested pool hall is about as much fun as bringing her into your average red neck bar. I've done both. Not my fave.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    What's the problem here?

Guys don't want to look at a bunch of other guys. Is this news?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I shoot pool.

There is no such thing as a pool hall that isn't a sausage fest.

The guy's probably a douche, and probably a sarcastic douche at that. All guys know pool halls are wiener meccas, even sarcastic douches. And girls who shoot pool know there's no such thing as a pool hall full of girls.

Why do you think they like to shoot pool?
  • DavPul
    Options
    I personally think my wife would worry more if I wanted to go to a bar that had all guys in it...

I know, right?

"Yes honey, let's go shoot some pool. Can we go to that place with all the flashing lights and the blaring techno music? i loved it there so much. if i spend 30 mins in the bathroom, do NOT come looking for me."

It sounds like a joke, and if they have been together for a long time, this is NOT the first time he's made a joke like this. So many people around here seem to get upset when they are getting parceled out the most minute info possible. This could be her cousin or roommate for all we know, or she could have made the same joke to him last week and he's responding in kind, yet DTMF is the consensus.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

I know, right?

"Yes honey, let's go shoot some pool. Can we go to that place with all the flashing lights and the blaring techno music? i loved it there so much. if i spend 30 mins in the bathroom, do NOT come looking for me."

It sounds like a joke, and if they have been together for a long time, this is NOT the first time he's made a joke like this. So many people around here seem to get upset when they are getting parceled out the most minute info possible. This could be her cousin or roommate for all we know, or she could have made the same joke to him last week and he's responding in kind, yet DTMF is the consensus.
    Yea, I would take it as a joke, not a personal attack on my self esteem.

*shrugs*

And agaaaaiiiinn, OP, is this your SO we're talking about, or just a friend?
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

I know my wife would rather go to a place with other women, than just a bunch of dudes.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

So many people around here seem to get upset when they are getting parceled out the most minute info possible.

This is always a good thing to keep in mind. We never know just how much of the story we are getting, or how much bias there is. It would be great to be a fly on the wall, and see what the real situation is behind some of the posts in these forums.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Oh, and on the Guy Code thing:

I'm not saying there is or isn't a Guy Code, but if such a thing exists, it's a code for what we say or how we act around other guys, not with our SO. Things like leaving a stall open between us in the men's room or not dating someone's ex.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I know, right?

Yea, I would take it as a joke, not a personal attack on my self esteem.

*shrugs*

And agaaaaiiiinn, OP, is this your SO we're talking about, or just a friend?

Inclined to say its a madeup character considering OP hasn't came back in and said anything. I could be wrong though.