iPhone or no iphone!!

Options
13»

Replies

• crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The phones are really a matter of personal preference. I find the user interface friendlier on the iPhone and the picture is amazing (retina display), the interface is fast and smooth because of the dedicated graphics processor. I've also heard that Android OS is less stable where you have to "force quit" applications on a daily basis because they're not acting right. Also, the attention to detail on the iPhone camera produces amazing pictures. I have never used an Android phone, so there's definitely some bias there... but the last Android user in my close circle (my brother in law) will be switching soon because (among other reasons) he used my sister's iPhone to text me while I was babysitting and was amazed at how well AutoCorrect actually does work the vast majority of the time. And, being able to text other iPhone users from your laptop (without them seeing a difference, and having the conversation synced to your phone so you can pick up where you left off when you leave the house), using iCloud to sync your calendars, contacts, reminders, and notes in real time (as in, you can be on the phone with a doctor and put your appointment in your laptop calendar and within seconds, it's on your phone's calendar, too) is a huge plus for Apple laptop users on Mountain Lion OS.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    The phones are really a matter of personal preference. I find the user interface friendlier on the iPhone and the picture is amazing (retina display), the interface is fast and smooth because of the dedicated graphics processor. I've also heard that Android OS is less stable where you have to "force quit" applications on a daily basis because they're not acting right. Also, the attention to detail on the iPhone camera produces amazing pictures. I have never used an Android phone, so there's definitely some bias there... but the last Android user in my close circle (my brother in law) will be switching soon because (among other reasons) he used my sister's iPhone to text me while I was babysitting and was amazed at how well AutoCorrect actually does work the vast majority of the time. And, being able to text other iPhone users from your laptop (without them seeing a difference, and having the conversation synced to your phone so you can pick up where you left off when you leave the house), using iCloud to sync your calendars, contacts, reminders, and notes in real time (as in, you can be on the phone with a doctor and put your appointment in your laptop calendar and within seconds, it's on your phone's calendar, too) is a huge plus for Apple laptop users on Mountain Lion OS.

When I first got my Android, I was shocked that there was no autocorrect to speak of... it was a menu you had to select the word from the top. SO BAD. Swapped the Samsung keyboard for the Swype and I could never go back to pecking on an iPhone! Tell your BIL to download Swype, autocorrect is near perfect and you can add your own words to the dictionary.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I think if you are already invested in the Apple infrstructure with an iPad, Mac computer, iPhone, etc- stay there. If you are PC based, go Android.

I have an iPhone 4 that I'll be upgrading to a Samsung S3 or possibly a Galaxy Note in the next month. I have a Samsung tablet and it's so much nicer to navigate than the iPhone. My wife had an iPhone 4 and wanted to get a 4S when the 5 came out since they were going for cheap and there really wasn't much different in the way of features like camera, etc. We went to the phone place and she saw the Galaxy S3 and got that instead. Plus they gave her 150 bucks for her iPhone as trade in so she got the Galaxy for 50 bucks. Side by side the S3 is a much nicer phone.

The droid MFP app works fine on my tablet. I rarely have to force quit apps like someone said happens all the time. I actually have more problems with apps crashing on the iphone, you'll be doing something and it just disappears. I have also had issues with the iphone completely locking up on me where it needed a total restart.

I can't wait to get rid of itunes too. Hate it. Droid is much easier for managing your apps, music, and photos. I can connect my tablet or my wifes phone to my PC via wi-fi and copy anything I want back and forth.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Android is best.

I love that I can turn off the data on my phone, and thus save battery... I'm not attached to my charger 24/7.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Apple is the best! Much more easier to use than the Droids.
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    When someone rings my phone if i'm busy I have the option to answer.. Reject or...... Reject with message (if you click the latter option then you have a list of messages to choose from).. Iphone dnt dooooooo that lol

Agreed. Any phone running iOS 6 is able to do that. People these days are treating their phones like a religion. If you (the original poster) are thinking of switching, why are you thinking that? Is there something you don't like about your iPhone that an Android phone can do? Is there a feature of the Android phones that specifically sounds appealing to you? You should ask for specific advice rather than just opening it up to democracy... you'll never be able to make your decision that way.

i love my iphone, dont know anything about droids.. since my upgrade is here I wanted to here what everyone uses..

I do not live off what you all say.. LOL I am just getting your input.. its my decision in the end and i dont give a crap about your religion on your phone preference.. Just asked a question is all...

I will make up my own mind on my own.. Just wanted to hear what you all had to say...

Thanks for everyones input.