Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Warning: I love cereal

It's my favourite thing to eat. I use to have a bookcase that contained every type of cereal I could find, and I would eat about 3 heaping bowls as a meal, with some toast.

Now, I knew a full heaping bowl was more than a serving. But I never thought that a heaping bowl is more like 5 or 6 servings :(

Here's one of my favourite cereals. Notice the box shows a heaping bowl. Not a huge bowl, but there's a nice amount of cereal. Notice the little stain of cereal in my bowl? That's 1 serving.

Watch out for cereal, weigh it too because I found what they call a cup, isn't a cup either.

20130316_153824_zpsa3d9fc57.jpg

*For size reference, the box is a small "eco" sized box, and that's a teaspoon. It may look like a giant bowl and spoon, but it's not. Just cheap walmart starter dishes :)

Replies

• oh my god. I'm the EXACT same...cereal is my faveeee thing in the word! can easily eat 100g...
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    I am the same way. I love it so much in fact, that my now husband had my picture put on a wheaties box with a marriage proposal. :-)
  • I am the same way. I love it so much in fact, that my now husband had my picture put on a wheaties box with a marriage proposal. :-)

haha that has to be the cutest thing i have ever heard! :happy:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    I'm a cereal FREAK. I *have* to start my morning with cereal or the whole day just goes to hell. I also love the Nature's Path cereals. And Barbar's Bakery. High fiber/low carb/great flavor.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    I'm a cereal FREAK. I *have* to start my morning with cereal or the whole day just goes to hell. I also love the Nature's Path cereals. And Barbar's Bakery. High fiber/low carb/great flavor.

Nature's Path peanut butter is an awesome cereal too! Easily my second favourite.
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    I had cereal for dinner last night. :drinker:
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    I love cereal too. And this is why I weigh it EVERY single time. If I let my self start estimating then I can easily eat a double serve.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    oh my god. I'm the EXACT same...cereal is my faveeee thing in the word! can easily eat 100g...

That bowl has 55g, 100g is nothing.

I think I was eating 1 - 2 lbs per meal. haha.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    I love cereal too. And this is why I weigh it EVERY single time. If I let my self start estimating then I can easily eat a double serve.

The first time I actually measured a bowl of cereal I realized I was doubling the serving size! It didn't help that I don't like a lot of milk in it - just enough to wet it!
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    I am the same way. I love it so much in fact, that my now husband had my picture put on a wheaties box with a marriage proposal. :-)

haha that has to be the cutest thing i have ever heard! :happy:

Ditto
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    I had cereal for dinner last night. :drinker:

Breakfast for dinner is the best thing in the entire world.
  • shineyapple
    shineyapple Posts: 94 Member
    i had cereal last night too....about 4 cups of it...
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    i dont have issues eating more than one serving of cereal at a time - in fact, if i dont then im starving in an hour. thats why i tend to not eat it for breakfast unless its just a quick snack and im planning an actual breakfast for later. the only cereal i cant eat more than a serving of is grapenuts - my fav cereal but it is more filling and no matter how hard i try i just cant eat two servings lol
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I love cereal but I found that Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds has so much iron that I hit my daily requirement every day! It also keeps me full until lunch. If I eat cherrios I am starving in an hour!
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    its crazy when you measure it how much you are really allowed to have.
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    To be fair. You're supposed to eat it as topping on yoghurt(or milk - bleh!) and on top of an already full bowl of yoghurt it would create the small mound. Your bowl looks to be just a bowl of cereal, nothing else?

I totally agree anyway. Weigh your food... AND cereal can be pretty calorie dense and useles as a filler... granola is even worse imo.
  • michellemarie3434
    michellemarie3434 Posts: 28 Member
    I don't even keep it in the house. If I let myself, I could easily eat a whole box of Life cereal. OH YUM!!!!
  • jessicabell9461
    jessicabell9461 Posts: 6 Member
    Cocoa pops are very dangerous for me, could easily eat two massive bowls full!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    I love cereal too and usually have Special K cinnamon pecan.With almond milk.

The last few days I was craving banana granola which I know is high fat but had to have it so,I did!

Once it's gone,I won't be getting more.
  • Milliemocha
    Milliemocha Posts: 26 Member
    I love cereal!!!! It's one of my fave foods. Pretty much any cereal tho it seems my favourites re the ones with all the calories!!