Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Warning: I love cereal

Replies

• chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Love me some cereal!

I usually go through anywhere from 2-4 boxes of Special K Protein Plus per week.

I'll have to look for Special K Protein Plus. Must be the secret to those arms.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    i just ate a huge bowl of special k red berries. and it was FANTASTIC. cereal <3

ive been trying to cut back on my serving sizes of it though too :/ its hard, i finish the serving size and im still like "i want cereal!".

p.s. the fact theirs a pot leaf on your cereal is hilarious. i approve.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Last summer all I wanted to eat was Frosted Mini Wheats, so that's what I ate. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack. My husband works at Costco, so it was always a bargain. I have no idea why I became addicted to that cereal, that has never happened to me before. I mean, I love a heaping bowl of anything (especially granola which has like a 2 tablespoon serving size...lol), sugary cereals, healthy cereals. It doesn't matter. I don't keep it in the house.
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    I've actually always sorta known the normal serving for cereals because when i was a kid we had those little boxes that only contained one serving of them. But yeah it's easy to underestimate.

I never thought of those little boxes being a serving. I hated them as a child because they were so much work to prep 5 of them for breakfast. We took them with us camping, I always hid a full box from home in the station wagon ;)

Funny prepping 5 of them but totally understand
  • chrisjathompson
    p.s. the fact theirs a pot leaf on your cereal is hilarious. i approve.

That leaf appears in every photo I put on this board some how ?? :D
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    I love cereal :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I can have it breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    I love cereal, too! Have you tried the Pumpkin Flax Granola? It's sooooo good with a banana or strawberries. I could eat that every day!
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    I was shocked when I started to measure cereal ... I am not a breakfast person but loved it as a night time snack thinking I was being so "good" by having cereal and not junk food. I measure everything now because I love granola cereal dry. I think it is still a healthy alternative but I have to make sure I am having just one serving and not four :happy:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    <
    Has always been a cereal junkie. Breakfast every day, and usually a bowl before bed.

I've definitely changed my breakfast habits over the past few years and go for protein in the morning now. I still enjoy my cereal from time to time, usually as the bedtime snack, but also started paying more attention to serving sizes and how much milk. Definitely smaller portions than what I used to eat! But if it fits my day, or if I just want to splurge, I eat it and enjoy it.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Cereal is my dinner for tonite (Fiber One 80 chocolate squares) in a plastic kids bowl (makes the small 3/4 cup amount look a bit bigger), with 1/2 cup blueberries w/carbmaster milk.

I've got to watch carbs (type 2 DM) so cereal once in a while is a treat for me

Life before MFP & type 2 was multiple heaping bowls of Frosted Flakes, Golden Grahams, Life or Sugar Pops, sigh.
  • Oh my like right now I just want to eat a bowl of cereal... The problem I hate cow milk and that's just what I got here now...
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    I am a cereal lover too. Maple Life is awesome. I can eat tons of Lucy Charms.
  • chrisjathompson
    I am a cereal lover too. Maple Life is awesome. I can eat tons of Lucy Charms.

I never understood the attraction to those stale marshmallow things they put in cereal. Not a fan.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Lol, cereal pisses me off because 3 suggestion servings is one serving for me. I don't eat cereal often, but I allow myself to eat it every so often, and when I do, i am not sticking to the box's serving size.

I really like Honey Bunches of Oats and Life cereal, omg.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Cereal was one of my dangerous foods. Could go through almost a box a day.

I just bought my first box of cereal in six months. I've put it on top of my fridge so I only remember it's there when I'm really, really hungry. A lady just posted about keeping danger foods on a higher or lower shelf - out of your line of sight. It's still there when you need it, but it won't be the first thing your eyes (and stomach) fall on.

Several days of that cereal sitting there and I've not only had it just a couple of days, but managed to keep it to serving size. Major, major victory.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    I can polish off a box a trix in no time! :love:
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    I am completely addicted to Peanut Butter Toast Crunch cereal. I have it for breakfast and often for a snack later in the day as well. Thank goodness for low cal almond milk to go with it!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Your title made me think of Cheese from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnK9CimOihJVrGZYq55dOfMSt6CbvztcZJIOwVHIjETnWT_bF3
  • chrisjathompson
    Your title made me think of Cheese from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnK9CimOihJVrGZYq55dOfMSt6CbvztcZJIOwVHIjETnWT_bF3
    Hahaha, Awesome!
  • chrisjathompson
    Well, with so many addicts on here, I should open a cafe like on the movie "Flakes". Dieters can hate me just as much as they rage and hate McDonalds :P

Time for a bowl? Hmm, maybe.