Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Warning: I love cereal

Replies

• chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    To be fair. You're supposed to eat it as topping on yoghurt(or milk - bleh!) and on top of an already full bowl of yoghurt it would create the small mound. Your bowl looks to be just a bowl of cereal, nothing else?

I totally agree anyway. Weigh your food... AND cereal can be pretty calorie dense and useles as a filler... granola is even worse imo.

The point was to have nothing else in the bowl except the cereal. I never thought of using anything other than milk, but even a photo with milk wouldn't bulk 55g of cereal up, unless you eat it like soup?
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    I seriously thought I was the only one to have a cereal addiction - when I want a snack, I grab a few handfuls of cereal (I'm known to do this all throughout the day) when I REALLY crave it I will have a bowl of cereal with milk (aswel as the handfuls)... I don't just eat it for breakfast either, I have cereal for snacks and sometimes for lunch. My partner joked that he needs to start buying me my own seperate cereal so I can stash it haha.

When I first started weighing I was shocked at how little a serving was, but I quickly got used it. If I'm within my macros I know I can have another if I want later. I also eat more filling cereal too i.e oats, shredded wheat, weetabix so a smaller bowl fills me up better. If I've been for a long run I take advantage of my body needing more carbs. I <3 cereal :)
  • chrisjathompson
    Cocoa pops are very dangerous for me, could easily eat two massive bowls full!

Yum
  • busycitystreets
    busycitystreets Posts: 64 Member
    Ya. I love cereal too! Vector has a good serving size, 1.25cups. Seems like lots to me, maybe because it has big flakes.
  • Lol love this post... Love cereal also ;)

Sugar puffs
    Special k red berries
    Honey nut clusters
    Mapel & pecan porridge
    Frosties
    Cinnamon flavoured (any as long as its cinnamon) haha

Gosh you got me thinkin cereal here haha
  • OMG notice all mine is sugary cereals haha
  • chrisjathompson
    Ya. I love cereal too! Vector has a good serving size, 1.25cups. Seems like lots to me, maybe because it has big flakes.

Yeah, it's weight is still the same at 55g compared to most cereal's suggested serving. The calories are similar as well. I suspect that 1.25 cups is more like a cup, smaller as you get near the bottom of the box.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Thanks now I had to have cereal for dinner (the same brand, but the oatbran flakes). I had 45 grams of it, so i guess it's 1.5 serving.. which is about right for me.

I've actually always sorta known the normal serving for cereals because when i was a kid we had those little boxes that only contained one serving of them. But yeah it's easy to underestimate.

And yes it seems to be some yogurt under the cereal on that box. And I need to buy those next time. They look yummy.
  • chrisjathompson
    I've actually always sorta known the normal serving for cereals because when i was a kid we had those little boxes that only contained one serving of them. But yeah it's easy to underestimate.

I never thought of those little boxes being a serving. I hated them as a child because they were so much work to prep 5 of them for breakfast. We took them with us camping, I always hid a full box from home in the station wagon ;)
  • tinkerbellmad
    tinkerbellmad Posts: 25 Member
    So I'm not alone! I could live on cereal... I only recently become aware my 1 serving was actually about 3/4 servings ????
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    I too am hooked on cereal. I'd really like to quit, to be honest, but my husband also loves his cereal and always has some in the house. I can't resist and end up eating a bowl (or several) at the end of a stressful day.

Edited to add: Here in Portland, cereal is a topping for doughnuts and cupcakes. http://voodoodoughnut.com/about.html
  • Cheerios are yum lol and the honey ones :)
  • chrisjathompson
    I too am hooked on cereal. I'd really like to quit, to be honest, but my husband also loves his cereal and always has some in the house. I can't resist and end up eating a bowl (or several) at the end of a stressful day.

Edited to add: Here in Portland, cereal is a topping for doughnuts and cupcakes. http://voodoodoughnut.com/about.html

Cereal on doughnuts, hmm.. how many calories might that be? haha
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    I share the same love of cereal. No one ever told me that an entire box was not a serving. Same with ice cream. I was so disappointed fo find out a 1/2 gal is not a single serving.

Shirley in Oregon learing to read.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    I love Voodoo donuts....Eugene, Oregon...Bacon Maple my favorite!

Shirley in Oregon not eating Bacon Maple donuts.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    me too! LOVE it, I dont even measure anymore. I eat it when I want it. :) Hasnt hurt me a bit. I am very active so I figure its all good!
  • I could seriously give up all other foods and have cereal 3 times a day. It has a lot of nutrients..why hasnt anyone come with a cereal diet?? I'd start it in a minute!!
  • tinkerbellmad
    tinkerbellmad Posts: 25 Member
    @Pinky68abc haven't you heard of the cornflakes diet? 3 bowls a day! My friend lost loads of weight doing it! However when she started eating 'normal' she put weight back on :-(
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I cannot have it around. If I do, I will get through the whole box, complete with milk and sugar. I love fruit and fibre and various mueslis, like the Dorset brand. Not keen on things like coco pops and the more sugary brands, love the fibre based ones. A serving for me, is a waste of calories as it does not fill me up, so I might occasionally have a large bowl as dinner or get a single serving box as a treat, but other than that, avoid.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Love me some cereal!

I usually go through anywhere from 2-4 boxes of Special K Protein Plus per week.