Fruit make u fat?

Options

Replies

• MissKriss3
    MissKriss3 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    YES. It definitely can. There have been more than one study linking fructose to weight gain. Yet, another example of how all calories are NOT created equal. Fruit is very nutritious, but not for people who want to lose weight. Save the fruit for when you go into maintanence mode. Eat vegetables. They are MORE dense in nutrients than fruit (yes even in vitamin C). Yes, most people prefer the taste of fruit to veggies, but no one ever said looking good and being healthy was a piece of cake. (pun intended) haha. Hope this helps!

THIS
  • dcuevas6235
    dcuevas6235 Posts: 135
    Options
    YES. It definitely can. There have been more than one study linking fructose to weight gain. Yet, another example of how all calories are NOT created equal. Fruit is very nutritious, but not for people who want to lose weight. Save the fruit for when you go into maintanence mode. Eat vegetables. They are MORE dense in nutrients than fruit (yes even in vitamin C). Yes, most people prefer the taste of fruit to veggies, but no one ever said looking good and being healthy was a piece of cake. (pun intended) haha. Hope this helps!

I'd like to see a study where the diet was controlled such that subjects were in a calorie deficit yet gained weight because they ate too much fruit.............................

Oh wait.

There aren't any.

hahaha owned
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Stay within you calorie goal and you can eat anything.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I gotta quote my dear friend HarlanJen: "Nobody is overweight because they ate too much produce".
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    As long as your workplace has a fridge and a microwave, you can bring all kinds of things to work. I bring a full grocery bag of stuff to school every day. I eat breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack there. . . all fresh food that I brought from home in Ziplock plastic containers. Everything can be heated up in under a minute and eaten quickly if necessary.

I don't have acces to a fridge

No break room no fridge

We don't get breaks at all
    No eating breaks.

All eating must be done while working.

That is why fruit is so easy for me.

I have access to a microwave so I can heat my soups or leftovers lol.
    Sometimes though I can't get to the microwave for a LONG time

I do what I can.

If you are working in the US, not getting a break is against the law. Every state is a little different, but all require some type of break 15 or 30 minutes if you work 4,6,8 or so hours.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You work out hard with weights but you're barely meeting your protein goals? You might want to consider increasing your protein so you can fuel your muscles. If I were you, I'd worry more about that and less about the sugar you're getting from natural fruit sources.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options

This is absolutely wrong!! I eat 2-5 pieces of fruit a day at a deficit and have lost 45 pounds doing it. A calorie is a calorie! So eat up within your goals, it's good for you. And if you don't believe me (I'm certainly no expert), I'll back it up with my nutritionist's advice, who just so happens to work for one of the premier sports medicine centers in the country.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I hate this wonka guy but c'mon...It's fruit.

6pPAEgb.jpg
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Time to Google and research.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I love fruit! It makes a great snack. I bring a bunch to work with me each day, mostly apples, bananas, and oranges. So much better than the days I used to binge on candy. I say as long as you're not going over in your calories, you have nothing to worry about. Fruit actually is pretty filling, especially if you are drinking enough water and eating healthy meals.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    thats how i got to be 370lbs eating nothing but fruit. fruit is the devil's food. Dont trust the monkeys telling you its good.
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Anything can make you gain weight if you eat enough of it. Eat as much fruit as you want just make sure it fits within your calorie budget. Outside of that, fruit is a great choice. Don't worry about the sugar. The natural sugar in fruit is not the same as added sugar you find in a lot of foods.