Protein shake~quick survey?

Options

Replies

• gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Usually 1 scoop. Sometimes water, sometimes 2% milk. Sometimes I add in some yogurt, or maybe a tablespoon of peanut butter, or some fruit. Just depends on my mood.
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    plantfusion choc protein powder, cinnamon, pb2, 8 oz unsweet almond milk and 4 oz water
    YUMMMY
  • MeanMasheen
    Options
    In answer to the question : If i want it taken in to the system fast, i mix it with water... else its 1% fat milk... and i throw in some berries and what not to make it taste good ( if its not chocolate) ( 1 Scoop or 2 depends on the requirement and the concentration of protein in a single serving)

As for the complaints about getting it naturally... well i agree most of it should come naturally.. but there is also a reason one would consume Whey Protein shakes instead of say eating some chicken breast or eggs.... If its availability after a workout then foods take too long to provide... so shakes are best.. and they also play a vital role in keeping the calories down (carb calories) while fulfilling the protein requirement ( only via isolates)... And the final use i use it for is topping up protein requirement after completing the days meals....
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 banana
    2 tbsp pb2 or chocolate pb2
    1 cup ice to blend
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Every day for breakfast I have:

2 C chocolate almond milk
    2 scoops whey isolate protein powder
    1/2 C raw quick-cooking rolled oats
    All One vitamin powder

Whirled in the blender. When I make my boyfriend's shake, I use cow's milk & half a banana.

Play around with it & see what you like best!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    1 generous scoop + 10 oz 1% milk
  • Courtney_0402
    Options
    1C of Almond Milk
    1 scoop of protein powder-- I favor BSN Lean Dessert's brand
    2T of PB2
    1T of Chia Seeds
    Optional-- half a banana.

And it's pretty darn tasty. =)
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    1 scoop pure protein plus very vanilla, soymilk or water, frozen berries, wheat germ, flax seed, PB2, not all ingredients at once, I mix it up when I can. Gives me the jump I need before my daily walk or exercise workout! :happy: :smile:

Food is fine, but who wants to deal with that full feeling prior to any kind of workout.....not me! :grumble:
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    In answer to the question : If i want it taken in to the system fast, i mix it with water... else its 1% fat milk... and i throw in some berries and what not to make it taste good ( if its not chocolate) ( 1 Scoop or 2 depends on the requirement and the concentration of protein in a single serving)

As for the complaints about getting it naturally... well i agree most of it should come naturally.. but there is also a reason one would consume Whey Protein shakes instead of say eating some chicken breast or eggs.... If its availability after a workout then foods take too long to provide... so shakes are best.. and they also play a vital role in keeping the calories down (carb calories) while fulfilling the protein requirement ( only via isolates)... And the final use i use it for is topping up protein requirement after completing the days meals....

Agree to disagree. The branched chain amino acid (leucine isoleucine, valine) carriers (among other amino acids) for skeletal muscle compete with once another... meaning when it all hits at once your body is not capable of uptaking it all.. and it goes to waste. Intake from natural sources hit the carriers in a stages (staggered) as it's digested so the availability of the amino acids to the protein carriers optimizes uptake and minimizes waste. [You can go a step further and get into the optimum glucose:protein ratio post-workout too but there are conflicting stats on that one- most put it between 2:1 and 4:1, though that's a BIG difference]. I rarely use protein powder as I know a lot of the protein is WASTED. My answer? Eggs... usually 2 yolks and 5 or 6 whites. Eggs are the protein gold standard... it helps that they're fairly inexpensive...
  • erg2013
    erg2013 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Use between 1-2 scoops - whatever is needed if I know I am falling below my protein goal (i like to get 120 grams a day).
    I mix with berries. YUM. Or Vanilla Powder and Oranges.

I love "real" food too... I have a least on serving of chicken and beef in addition to the powder.
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    One scoop of Vega One protein powder in my smoothie made with a banana, frozen strawberries, and almond milk :)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    i don't do pptoen sjakes. i make a vitamin enriched type of shake every morning. it is made by Clearvite and has all kinda of vitamins and herbs. I use almond milk, blueburries, strawberries and kale.
  • purplekty
    purplekty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Whey Strawberry 1 scoop with unsweetened Almond Milk.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 banana
    2 tbsp pb2 or chocolate pb2
    1 cup ice to blend

This is mine exactly, except I add 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats. Yummy!
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast

1 scoop pure protein chocolate
    1tbs peanut butter
    1/2 cup milk
    1/4 cup water
    Ice
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    1 cup of 1% milk
    1 scoop of Body Fortress Vanilla Cream (almost gone - can't wait to try the other flavors!)
    some days some cinnamon and a splash of vanilla

I've had cocoa and mint extract

cocoa and peanut butter

frozen strawberries and a splash of vanilla
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Not a popular choice, but it's what I've always done:

-2 scoops Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter powder
    -fill the bottle up with crushed ice
    -pour water in to the top
    -shake & drink
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I put 1 SCoop gold standard banana cream in 8oz's of plain yougurtwith2 tbs of eaquate fiber powder and stir in a bowl.:smile:
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    1 scoop in water...mix and chug...I like it simple.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    How about eat real food instead?

I eat real food too. Lots of it :)

Some people need supplements, how about being helpful?!?! I am 5'5, 167lbs and 28 years old and some days I burn 3,700 and I have NO IDEA how to get THAT MUCH protein in my day without shakes. I don't want to eat that much chicken and I don't want to feel that stuffed all of the time. Protein shakes are helpful and not harmful!

To the OP: 1 scoop cinnamon roll myofusion protein whey , 1/4c pumpkin puree, 1tbsp sugar free syrup, 40g banana or 1/4 c blueberries, 1tsp nutmeg, 2 c. unsweetened almond milk :)