cant find my sweet treat

Options
Always looking for that satisfying sweet treat to stop the sugar craving..
Any suggestions?

Replies

• kbam17
    kbam17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    While I usually advocate going for smaller quantities of the real thing (a piece of chocolate, a small slice of cake, etc.), if I'm crunched for calories and really craving sugar I have Haagen Dazs Chocolate Sorbet. So creamy and rich and chocolatey with no fat. You can have a third of the container for 130 calories! A pretty good deal for me!
  • MorganStar123
    Options
    frozen grapes! not exactly sweet but sooo good and healthy!
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Pink Lady Apples, like little slices of candy those suckers are!!!
  • catm805
    catm805 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks...piece of chocolate doesnt seem to be enough.
    Love frozen grapes....but just not decadent. Seems i try several things...
    But doesnt do it...something is missing
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit bars, angel food cake, chocolate-pumpkin muffins (sugar free devil's food cake mix and a can of pumpkin). Those are my evening treats.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    hungry girl.com has a frozen peanutbutter cup that is out of this world IMO
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I also make banana cream pie with sugar free banana pudding made with frozen pie shell.
  • catm805
    Options
    I like the banana cream pie...do u use real bananas and the pie shell. Is it pretty caloric? Do u use a topping?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Banana cream: whipped frozen bananas have the texture of ice cream. I love this so much, I bought a Yonanas machine! Mix in cocoa for chocolate flavored...there are a lot of options for mix ins.

Fiber one brownies: I like to spread one tbsp of PB and sprinkle with cinnamon. Also good crumbled up, served with sliced banana and slice almonds.

Brookside chocolate covered pomegranate: don't be fooled, it is chocolate covered jelly beans, but the best ones you will ever have. I often have them with a half serving of almonds.

Apples slices with PB.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I admit. I go for the sugar.

Even just a square of chocolate is enough to satisfy the crave!
  • Phyllis4701
    Phyllis4701 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    These are my treats... The rice cakes are really good with peanut butter. Love the Nogii protien bars too.
    Quaker Chocolate Rice Cakes...60 calories each
    Topped with a tablepoon of peanut butter 94 calories
    Next would be a Nogii chocolate peanut butter protein bar....390 calories and a complete meal
  • CassieAudette
    Options
    I take 2/3 of a coffee mug and fill it with quartered strawberries and then top it with 2-3Tbls fat free whipped cream. I get the big tubs and keep it in the freezer, so it kind of tastes like ice cream :) fills me up but still satisfies my sweet tooth!!
  • catm805
    Options
    Wow..what is a yonanans machine?
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Your favorite ice cream. Measure out 1/2 serving (usually 1/4 cup). Find a very small spoon, so you are eating tiny bites at a time. Sit down, put your feet up, and take your time enjoying every little bit. Make a production out of it. I've done this so many times, and it works! And, it's usually less than 150 calories
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I love dipping fruit in sugar free pudding. The pudding cups are only 60 calories. 100 grams of strawberries (usually 6-7 strawberries, depending on size) dipped in one pudding cup is under 100 calories. If I have a few more calories to spare, I'll dip a banana in there instead.

Also, dipping apple slices in a caramel or "dulce de leche" pudding cup. One small apple (100 grams) and a pudding cup is just a couple calories short of 100 cals.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    2 containers of lite yogurt (recommend blueberry)
    1 container of lite or fat free cool whip
    1 reduce fat graham cracker crust

Mix yogurt and cool whip together put in graham cracker crust, chill, then serve
  • pinkfluff79
    pinkfluff79 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am really hooked on the skinny cow line of ice cream. The mint chocolate truffle ice cream is REALLY good. Of course the ice creams sandwiches as well.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Thanks...piece of chocolate doesnt seem to be enough.
    Love frozen grapes....but just not decadent. Seems i try several things...
    But doesnt do it...something is missing

^^^THIS is totally me. Well, except I would have never even tried one piece of chocolate :laugh: :noway:

For me the only thing that has worked is 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt with 1 TB fresh fruit preserves - specifically Bon Maman preserves. I think it's the sugar mixed with a good dose of protein and a touch of fat. It's the only thing in five years that's done it for me. About 90 calories.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I really like the WW fudge bars. They're pretty decadent and only 100 calories.

Another favorite treat of mine: one of those dessert shells you find in the produce section, fresh berries, and some Redi-Whip. 130 - 150 calories, depending on how many berries and how much cream.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Wow..what is a yonanans machine?

It is a specially designed food processor that whips frozen bananas into soft serve ice cream without gumming up the blades, as happens in a regular food processor. It only has one purpose, but it saved me from buying a Blizzard last week, so I already got a few dollars and a few hundred calories value out of it!