Ramen Noodle recipes?

Options
124»

Replies

• fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Such a down fall of mine.....and I was doing sooo good... UNTIL THIS THREAD! LOL
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Skip the "ramen" noodles...did you know they are FRIED before dehydrating/packaging? I do now! Try whole grain or whole wheat pasta :-)

hey when you are craving something, eat it. dont kill yourself over it just bc its not the most nutritional item in the market.

Normally, I'd agree, but if we're talking about the cheap kind I ate in college, they are awful. Look at the fat and sodium figures. I would go to a Japanese restaurant or buy the kind you get at the health food store
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Skip the "ramen" noodles...did you know they are FRIED before dehydrating/packaging? I do now! Try whole grain or whole wheat pasta :-)

If you posted a title that said "Favorite Potato Recipes!?" and someone said "Don't use potatoes, use [insert vegetable here] because its better for you" don't you think it comes off as just a tad snooty? Smiley face or not :)

Either way if someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they HATE you and think you are wrong. I'm pretty sure everyone knows ramen is unhealthy. A craving is a craving.

The person who was quoted doesn't hate the OP. S/he's being honest. If someone wanted recipes for fried banana sandwiches (an Elvis Presley favorite), I'd advise against that too.
  • SneakyWaff1es
    SneakyWaff1es Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Maybe she wasn't talking about the noodles that come in a bag. If she was, I'll give you another little bit of history behind them that you may not know. They're delicious. If you can't handle 400 calories of delicious noodles once in awhile, it's not the ramen's fault.
    Wow are there some snotty people on this thread or what?!!! I'll give you a bit of advice: I choose to "handle" what I want, & that includes NOT spending 400 calories & a BAZILLION sodium grams on yes the PACKAGED kind!!! WOOT WOOT for good old fashion whole fresh food :-))
    I think you were greeted with snotty responses because yours came off that way a bit. Just read what you type, is all. /I/ understand that you're saying there are better options, but I /also/ understand that sometimes you just need to have something you like. It's about balance. So calm down-- no one's trying to attack you. :)
    Dear Samifer,
    HOLY NOODLES LOL! I think you've mis-posted, please see randomtai on page 1....and SneakyWaff1es on page 2. I fail to see how posting some info WITH A SMILE is considered rude (but...I am 47, seasoned & calm for sure.... & you are twentysomthn', so MILES of years between us) however, this is the land of free speech for all. FYI: I have to read what I type, don't you??? A big thank you to all of the MFP members messaging me, your POSITIVE support is priceless!!!

HOLY NOODLES you're 47 and can't handle someone being snarky because you posted something stupid! Seasoned and calm? Yeah I can tell by you calling people with a different opinion snotty. Is "seasoned & calm" another way of saying old, bitter and condescending? Is there any other reason you felt it was important to CAPITALIZE your difference in years with someone in their 20s other than to be snotty? If it's the land of free speech I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to say it's perfectly okay to eat a bag of ramen once in awhile. Or are only "seasoned & calm" members such as yourself the only people where the land of the free applies to?
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Oh man ramen noodles are my DOWNFALL. I was eating these ALOT here before I decided to lose weight again., I boil mine, drain the noodles, then fry them in the pan a little then add sausage (like smoked sausage) cheese, hotsauce, ranch, and crush up potato chips on them. HAHA sounds gross, but this is what they make in jail (I used to be a CO in a state prison and learned this there) They are called Breaks. They sure are good. You can use tuna, pickles, whatever you got. SOSO bad for you, but if I ever reach my goal weight Ill be eating one.
    I did a month in county jail and I can assure you I will not be eating anything I learned to make there :-). I got ramen off commissary and then had to use Luke warm shower water and they never came out very soft :-/
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Woah! Hadn't looked back at this thread in awhile! Time to read some recipes! :D
  • lynkage1986
    lynkage1986 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't eat ramen, get buckwheat Soba noodles and find a simple recipe with garlic and beef stock, much healthier than dehydrated fried crap.
  • youellette
    youellette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband makes this amazing Mongolian beef salad using Ramen noodles. He found the recipe online.
  • Sandreeuhh
    Options
    Boil the ramen noodles. Throw away the seasoning. Saute some onions and cabbage in a little olive oil. Add noodles. Enjoy!
  • sriley721
    sriley721 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    2 (3 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
    2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages broccoli coleslaw mix
    1 cup sunflower seeds
    1/2 bunch green onion, chopped
    1/4cup sugar
    1/4 cup oil
    1/3 cup white vinegar
    Before opening noodles, crush into 1 inch pieces. Open packages and set aside flavor packets.

Place noodles in bottom of large serving bowl. Top noodles with broccoli slaw, then sprinkle with almonds and sunflower kernels, and green onions.

In a separate bowl combine sugar, oil, vinegar, and flavor packets from noodles. Pour over slaw, cover and chill up to 24 hours.

Toss before serving.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/oriental-ramen-broccoli-cole-slaw-281644?oc=linkback
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    Ramen is my favorite thing to experiment with. Last time I used turkey meatballs, and spinach. I bought the Shin Rymin idk if I spelled that right but it's super spicy. I think adding sauteed veggies is good too, I do them in a seperate pan with soy, mushrooms and bell peppers and add them on top of the noodles and pour soup over.

I don't think she asked for a lecture on eating Ramen....just recipes. This is like a pre or post race meal for me sometimes! I need the carbs. Also if you do want to make it healthy there are 100 different ways. Last time I used the rice noodles and added tuna and the spinach and chili garlic sauce.