America

Options

Replies

• Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I will take the high road and assume this is serious.

1. Welcome. Enjoy your trip.
    2. Try and eat at non-chain restaurants.
    3. If you must eat at a chain, do not eat at Olive Garden. It is an abomination.
    4. If you must eat at a chain, some Applebees are good, others stink.
    5. Use sites like TripAdvisor to see about local restaurants. Always trust the negative reviews.

If you are visiting NYC or West Palm Beach Florida, message me for recommendations.

Yeah I'm going to attempt to be somewhat helpful too, but you have to say where in America you're going.

I agree - don't eat at chain restaurants if you can avoid them. Use UrbanSpoon and/or Yelp to find good local restaurants. (But Olive Garden is definitely better than Applebees by far. Although if I had to pick a chain, I'd say Ruby Tuesday for the salad bar. I guess. If I had to pick a chain.)

If you're heading to DC, Baltimore, or anywhere in Virginia, let me know and I can recommend more places.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Where are you going?

That's like me saying I'm going to Europe.

not really, we can't afford the fast food over here :laugh: and tbh it's not very fast :drinker:

I've been to Europe twice and there was a McDonald's. I also came across many other unhealthy food places. Point is, you can get "fat" anywhere.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    There's North America and South America. There's The Americas. There's the United States of America. Which one are you going to?

Hey now! Don't forget about Central America! It's little but it's there!
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This thread makes baby Jesus cry.
    Truly
  • assblaster69
    assblaster69 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    lel amerifats going to town on geographics. hahahah this is hilarious
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Today I learned that Canada is no longer part of North America.

You are confusing the continent (North America) with the country (America).

Please show me a map with a country called America on it!

There is the continent of North America and then there is the United States of America.

Isotonix®: the world's most advanced nutraceuticals provide superior delivery, and maximum results with no binders or fillers.

Web ScoutSongs.com Enter your search terms
    Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services

Song Categories
    Home

Boy Scout Songs

Girl Scout Songs

Patriotic Songs

Tanah Keeta Song Book

Action Songs

America the Beautiful

O beautiful for spacious skies,
    For amber waves of grain,
    For purple mountain majesties
    Above the fruited plain!
    America! America!
    God shed his grace on thee
    And crown thy good with brotherhood
    From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
    Whose stern impassioned stress
    A thoroughfare of freedom beat
    Across the wilderness!
    America! America!
    God mend thine every flaw,
    Confirm thy soul in self-control,
    Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved
    In liberating strife.
    Who more than self their country loved
    And mercy more than life!
    America! America!
    May God thy gold refine
    Till all success be nobleness
    And every gain divine!

O beautiful for patriot dream
    That sees beyond the years
    Thine alabaster cities gleam
    Undimmed by human tears!
    America! America!
    And crown thy good with brotherhood
    From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for halcyon skies,
    For amber waves of grain,
    For purple mountain majesties
    Above the enameled plain!
    America! America!
    Till souls wax fair as earth and air
    And music-hearted sea!

O beautiful for pilgrims feet,
    Whose stem impassioned stress
    A thoroughfare for freedom beat
    Across the wilderness!
    America! America!
    Till paths be wrought through
    wilds of thought
    By pilgrim foot and knee!

O beautiful for glory-tale
    Of liberating strife
    When once and twice,
    for man's avail
    Men lavished precious life!
    America! America!
    Till selfish gain no longer stain
    The banner of the free!

O beautiful for patriot dream
    That sees beyond the years
    Thine alabaster cities gleam
    Undimmed by human tears!
    America! America!
    Till nobler men keep once again
    Thy whiter jubilee!

And here's a fine specimen of the stereotypical ones I was mentioning earlier. Congrats!

Edit: Can't spell

Alrighty then, we have a woman here who is degrading people based on their country. I won't be around anyone like that. Have a good day in your lovely country and thank you for sharing that you are so much above others based on where you were born.

I'm off of here now. This is sickening.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    as one poster said, it will depend on where you are visiting. North or South? Canada, US, Islands? Region dishes vary considerably, but 99% of the restaurants will offer something healthy. Hope you have a great trip!

Canada is now in America? Do they know this because last I heard many of them aren't fans of Americans.

Canada is absolutely a part of the continent of North America.

WE DON'T LIKE TO ADVERTISE IT!!!

I told you they don't like Americans. I read it all the time on Facebook so I try to keep my distance.

Read it on Facebook. Must be true :indifferent:

Didn't read it on Facebook, experienced it on Facebook. The people of Canada were bashing Americans. It's not my fault, I am only passing along what they said.

People every where bash Americans not just in Canada.

And Americans bash people from other countries.

To say that Canadians don't like Americans is rather funny since, well I have a LOT of Canadian friends and I am American.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    as one poster said, it will depend on where you are visiting. North or South? Canada, US, Islands? Region dishes vary considerably, but 99% of the restaurants will offer something healthy. Hope you have a great trip!

Canada is now in America? Do they know this because last I heard many of them aren't fans of Americans.

I told you they don't like Americans. I read it all the time on Facebook so I try to keep my distance.

Didn't read it on Facebook, experienced it on Facebook. The people of Canada were bashing Americans. It's not my fault, I am only passing along what they said.

So that brought you to the conclusion that all Canadians hate Americans? :laugh:
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Any city you head to will have healthful food options. If you're int he sticks - good luck honey! :flowerforyou:

:noway: Huh? I live in the sticks. We have veggies, fruit, lean meats, and all the other healthier options. Heck, we even have local, organically grown fruits/veggies in-season and free-range, grass-fed, no-hormones-added meats and restaurants with vegan, vegetarian, low-carb and other diet-specific options.

Stereotype much?
  • assblaster69
    assblaster69 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    fast food is more expensive here. and there isnt a mcdonalds in every corner. also, our kids dont eat pizza as salad

edit. i tried to quote someone, i failed miserably
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

So that brought you to the conclusion that all Canadians hate Americans? :laugh:

If you scroll up, you'll see that isn't what I said. You are only looking at a latter quote. No, not all Canadians hate Americans. That is the stupidest thing anyone has said to me all day. ahahah

Look this is not "battle of the countries. So if you and the other Canadian would kindly leave me alone as the two of you are the only ones talking about it, that would be great. It also makes what I said seem to be true.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

3. If you must eat at a chain, do not eat at Olive Garden. It is an abomination.
    5. Use sites like TripAdvisor to see about local restaurants. Always trust the negative reviews.

If you are visiting NYC or West Palm Beach Florida, message me for recommendations.

Why you hating on Olive Garden? The breadsticks are AMAZING!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

There is no country "America".

We refer to ourselves as Americans and we live in America (at least where I am from).

Please just stop posting... yes, we get it, people from the United States (myself included) have a tendency to call our country America when that is not PC globally, but for god's sake stop arguing it as if you're right -___-;
  • violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options

Yeah I'm going to attempt to be somewhat helpful too, but you have to say where in America you're going.

I agree - don't eat at chain restaurants if you can avoid them. Use UrbanSpoon and/or Yelp to find good local restaurants. (But Olive Garden is definitely better than Applebees by far. Although if I had to pick a chain, I'd say Ruby Tuesday for the salad bar. I guess. If I had to pick a chain.)

If you're heading to DC, Baltimore, or anywhere in Virginia, let me know and I can recommend more places.

I've got Pennsylvania covered if thats where you are going--and after next week LA too :D (im going this week!)
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Any city you head to will have healthful food options. If you're int he sticks - good luck honey! :flowerforyou:

:noway: Huh? I live in the sticks. We have veggies, fruit, lean meats, and all the other healthier options. Heck, we even have local, organically grown fruits/veggies in-season and free-range, grass-fed, no-hormones-added meats and restaurants with vegan, vegetarian, low-carb and other diet-specific options.

Stereotype much?
    sincerely apologize. :flowerforyou:
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Confession: When I saw the title of this thread, the very first song that hit my brain was the theme from Team America.
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    How can one person make this thread so hilarious??
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Alrighty then, we have a woman here who is degrading people based on their country. I won't be around anyone like that. Have a good day in your lovely country and thank you for sharing that you are so much above others based on where you were born.

I'm off of here now. This is sickening.

Bless your heart. You're adorable. I'll send you a geography book for Christmas.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    Options

There is no country "America".

We refer to ourselves as Americans and we live in America (at least where I am from).

Please just stop posting... yes, we get it, people from the United States (myself included) have a tendency to call our country America when that is not PC globally, but for god's sake stop arguing it as if you're right -___-;

I do not take orders from you, but thanks for trying.

This is my last post, because I don't like being around people who are NASTY.