America

Options

Replies

• ilonawie
    ilonawie Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This won't end well.

I guess it will turn into an "North Americans are fat" thread. Just dumb.

Pass the biscuits and sausage gravy please and hand me another chicken drumstick. Nom nom nom.

hahaha so true....

Yeah..coming to US not a good idea (food wise) I never had weight problem until I moved here.... struggling with 30LB for years now!
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options

Alrighty then, we have a woman here who is degrading people based on their country. I won't be around anyone like that. Have a good day in your lovely country and thank you for sharing that you are so much above others based on where you were born.

I'm off of here now. This is sickening.

Bless your heart. You're adorable. I'll send you a geography book for Christmas.

I don't celebrate Christmas, but thanks for assuming, being that I am AMERICAN and all.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

If you scroll up, you'll see that isn't what I said. You are only looking at a latter quote. No, not all Canadians hate Americans. That is the stupidest thing anyone has said to me all day. ahahah

Look this is not "battle of the countries. So if you and the other Canadian would kindly leave me alone as the two of you are the only ones talking about it, that would be great. It also makes what I said seem to be true.

Not sure if serious..

tumblr_m9us7a8nIM1rsw1yf.gif
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options

Alrighty then, we have a woman here who is degrading people based on their country. I won't be around anyone like that. Have a good day in your lovely country and thank you for sharing that you are so much above others based on where you were born.

Bless your heart. You're adorable. I'll send you a geography book for Christmas.

I don't celebrate Christmas, but thanks for assuming, being that I am AMERICAN and all.

Your birthday then?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Eat some food. Don't eat too much food. Don't blame us if you get fat from having no self control.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Confession: When I saw the title of this thread, the very first song that hit my brain was the theme from Team America.

Me too!!! I thought it was gonna devolve into Team America references and gifs, and was sorely disappointed that an argument worthy of Sarah Palin's level of intellect was breaking out instead. :noway:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that Canada is no longer part of North America.

You are confusing the continent (North America) with the country (America).

Please show me a map with a country called America on it!

There is the continent of North America and then there is the United States of America.

Isotonix®: the world's most advanced nutraceuticals provide superior delivery, and maximum results with no binders or fillers.

Web ScoutSongs.com Enter your search terms
    Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services

Song Categories
    Home

Boy Scout Songs

Girl Scout Songs

Patriotic Songs

Tanah Keeta Song Book

Action Songs

America the Beautiful

O beautiful for spacious skies,
    For amber waves of grain,
    For purple mountain majesties
    Above the fruited plain!
    America! America!
    God shed his grace on thee
    And crown thy good with brotherhood
    From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
    Whose stern impassioned stress
    A thoroughfare of freedom beat
    Across the wilderness!
    America! America!
    God mend thine every flaw,
    Confirm thy soul in self-control,
    Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved
    In liberating strife.
    Who more than self their country loved
    And mercy more than life!
    America! America!
    May God thy gold refine
    Till all success be nobleness
    And every gain divine!

O beautiful for patriot dream
    That sees beyond the years
    Thine alabaster cities gleam
    Undimmed by human tears!
    America! America!
    And crown thy good with brotherhood
    From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for halcyon skies,
    For amber waves of grain,
    For purple mountain majesties
    Above the enameled plain!
    America! America!
    Till souls wax fair as earth and air
    And music-hearted sea!

O beautiful for pilgrims feet,
    Whose stem impassioned stress
    A thoroughfare for freedom beat
    Across the wilderness!
    America! America!
    Till paths be wrought through
    wilds of thought
    By pilgrim foot and knee!

O beautiful for glory-tale
    Of liberating strife
    When once and twice,
    for man's avail
    Men lavished precious life!
    America! America!
    Till selfish gain no longer stain
    The banner of the free!

O beautiful for patriot dream
    That sees beyond the years
    Thine alabaster cities gleam
    Undimmed by human tears!
    America! America!
    Till nobler men keep once again
    Thy whiter jubilee!

And here's a fine specimen of the stereotypical ones I was mentioning earlier. Congrats!

Edit: Can't spell

Gif didn't work :-(

Why are you so angry?
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Confession: When I saw the title of this thread, the very first song that hit my brain was the theme from Team America.

I was wrist-slapped by mods for quoting the most famous part of that theme in a different thread, even though I used a "^" instead of a "u"

To answer the OP, don't bother counting anything here, you will automatically gain 20 lbs and lose all knowledge of geography and world history upon landing. And you'll LIKE IT.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Any city you head to will have healthful food options. If you're int he sticks - good luck honey! :flowerforyou:

Whaaaaat? I live in the "sticks" and granted things are about an hour away from me but we have these amazing things called farms around here. It's mind blowing, I know but check it out:

They grow things called FRUITS and VEGETABLES! And then they pick them and bring them to this thing called a FARMERS MARKET where people go there during the summer and you can actually buy FARM FRESH PRODUCE that's LOCALLY GROWN!! They also have this other thing called CROP SHARING. Which is really mind blowing because you like sign up and they grow those vegetable things and you get a big box of the stuff they grew!!!!

Not only that but they have these other farms where they raise livestock and you can get FARM FRESH EGG! And all kinds of meat and milk and cheese and . . . oh my goodness it's INCREDIBLE the kinds of things you can eat when you live out in the sticks! Really good, healthy, foods.

It's like totally amazing and mind blowing, right?
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

There is no country, that I'm aware of, called America.
  • assblaster69
    assblaster69 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

take your attitude back to canada, we dont take kindly to your kind in america
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It is part of North America and the poster didn't specify, so it could mean any part of the Americas really
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think no matter where you go, if you eat what you want when you want over 10 days - you are likely to gain some weight.
    I have only been doing the calorie counting thing for a few weeks but I think you will be surprised at how aware you are of what you are putting in to your body - without the actual counting.
    Avoid bad carbs, alcohol and sugars and you should be good.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    And since this thread can't possibly get any worse, let's make it better with an image of a happy little tree painting Bob Ross.

NilY5.jpg
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options

There is no country, that I'm aware of, called America.
    I think I love you.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I just came back from a week vacation in San Diego, CA and actually lost a pound and wasn't watching what I ate. I the key for me was more consistent sleep schedule & very active each day with either walking, hiking, or kayaking.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    as one poster said, it will depend on where you are visiting. North or South? Canada, US, Islands? Region dishes vary considerably, but 99% of the restaurants will offer something healthy. Hope you have a great trip!

Canada is now in America? Do they know this because last I heard many of them aren't fans of Americans.

:noway:

Would you believe that even Brazil is in an America? Mind blown yet?

Not mind blowing. I think everyone knows this.

This post wouldn't have been half so entertaining without you.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

take your attitude back to canada, we dont take kindly to your kind in america

She isn't ours. She's from USA.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

There is no country "America".

We refer to ourselves as Americans and we live in America (at least where I am from).

Please just stop posting... yes, we get it, people from the United States (myself included) have a tendency to call our country America when that is not PC globally, but for god's sake stop arguing it as if you're right -___-;

I do not take orders from you, but thanks for trying.

This is my last post, because I don't like being around people who are NASTY.

image.png
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    And since this thread can't possibly get any worse, let's make it better with an image of a happy little tree painting Bob Ross.

NilY5.jpg

I find this picture offensive.