calling all MIXED people... one drop rule?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The only mix I know involves alcohol..............
    If there is only one drop of rum in that glass of Coke, is it a mixed drink?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Have you ever met anyone who doesn't claim to be 1/8 Cherokee?

And for most people, it's more like 1/64. LOL!

I'm 0/0 Cherokee. I'm 1/4 Italian, though. And I'm not Irish, even though everyone thinks I am when they meet me.

Ha Ha ^^THIS! I'm Irish and German...but my husband is Native American...
    I am also German. I'm basically Heinz 57. but I have red, curly hair, freckles and green eyes AND I grew up in an area heavily settled by Irish people. A drunk guy in a bar where I worked years ago got really angry with me and accused me of lying when he guessed I was irish and I said I wasn't.
  • tmoore_20
    tmoore_20 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Barrack Obama was raised by white people and allegedly only met his Black father once. However, when other people saw him. They saw a black boy. Society has treated him as such. He didn't get discriminated against less because his mother & grandparents are white. I have zero problem with Barrack Obama or any other mixed person identifying as black for this reason.In all honesty. Most of my friends that are mixed, do identify as black for this very same reason. I think it's idiotic for anyone to judge the POTUS or any other person for embracing their blackness as opposed to shunning or belittling it. To each their own. Identify as whatever you feel, don't slight a man for choosing to identify as something you don't agree with. That's like...reverse one-drop :ohwell:

^^^^^This, society treats a person according to how they look whether we like it or not. Your experience in society and how you identify yourself has a lot to do with how society identifies us.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Barrack Obama was raised by white people and allegedly only met his Black father once. However, when other people saw him. They saw a black boy. Society has treated him as such. He didn't get discriminated against less because his mother & grandparents are white. I have zero problem with Barrack Obama or any other mixed person identifying as black for this reason.In all honesty. Most of my friends that are mixed, do identify as black for this very same reason. I think it's idiotic for anyone to judge the POTUS or any other person for embracing their blackness as opposed to shunning or belittling it. To each their own. Identify as whatever you feel, don't slight a man for choosing to identify as something you don't agree with. That's like...reverse one-drop :ohwell:

^^^^^This, society treats a person according to how they look whether we like it or not. Your experience in society and how you identify yourself has a lot to do with how society identifies us.

Interesting. I know a man whose father is black, but you would never guess it to look at him. Would you say he was black or white?

Before you ask, I barely know the guy so I'm not sure how he identifies himself. I just found your perspective interesting.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Come onnnnn!
    11354577-1380367999696.jpg
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I prefer the term "Halfrican-American"
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    ROFL rock
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Isn't pretty much every one mixed at this point?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    In for just mixing it up.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Woot! Look who it is! :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Shaken, not stirred.

tumblr_mhrtweygmO1s4bl2qo1_400.gif
  • determinedgirl1
    determinedgirl1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    People are crazy.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Hi ya, handsome! :wink:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

Shaken, not stirred.

I'm scandalized!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Shaq-really-loves-popcorn_c_91136.jpg

^^^ :smokin:

Yup this
  • some_betty
    some_betty Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Shaken, not stirred.

Something very wrong about this picture, even if that is a doll. Are you promoting child abuse?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Shaken, not stirred.

Something very wrong about this picture, even if that is a doll. Are you promoting child abuse?

Wow! Really?

:indifferent:
  • some_betty
    some_betty Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Shaken, not stirred.

Wow! Really?

:indifferent:

yeah :(
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

THIS? draws you back into the forums. Hi Rock!
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    One of my ancestors was an African American slave. While I cherish my ancestry, nobody would guess I have African lineage. I'm very light skinned with red hair.