calling all MIXED people... one drop rule?

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    In for just mixing it up.

Shaken, not stirred.

tumblr_mhrtweygmO1s4bl2qo1_400.gif

Something very wrong about this picture, even if that is a doll. Are you promoting child abuse?

Wow! Really?

:indifferent:

yeah :(

First, that's a doll.

Second, it's an animated graphic, not a video. That is, the animation was done through software.

Third, don't take MFP "Chit-Chat" so seriously!
  • kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That's true....

I think it would be hard to find may people who are not to some degree mixed.

I'm not mixed in the way referred to here( my ancestry is northern European English / Irish) but I am married to Jamaican born Canadian woman and we have two kids.
    If there's a 1 drop rule, then blacks are not a minority at all.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Why? I'm 1/16th Lumbee Indian (Mother's maternal grandfather). Does that qualify for government grants or something?
  • some_betty
    some_betty Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Shaken, not stirred.

Something very wrong about this picture, even if that is a doll. Are you promoting child abuse?

Wow! Really?

First, that's a doll.

Second, it's an animated graphic, not a video. That is, the animation was done through software.

First, I did mention that it was a doll.

Second, does "chit chat" make it ok to post something that might be offensive "in a joking manner"?

Third, I fail to see how anyone with at least one eye and an average intelligence couldn't see the implied message behind that animated graphic.

But then again, perhaps I am too sensitive and prone to butthurt. carry on!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish and Puerto Rican, but raised by my Irish mother! I think i look white and some people think i look Spanish. I don't speak Spanish either! I consider myself mixed also! I have a little German in me but i don't count it because it's so far down the line! Growing up i was attracted to white boys and then black guys! Now that im older i don't have a type any more but i'm with a black guy now , he also has native american in him (great grandparents on both sides) and Irish far down the line also, but he doesn't consider himself mix, and just says hes black. Our son is black, Irish and puerto rican, (looks like my mini me, nothing like his father) and if you ask him his nationality, he says yellow! lol
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Shaken, not stirred.

Wow! Really?

First, that's a doll.

Second, does "chit chat" make it ok to post something that might be offensive "in a joking manner"?

Third, I fail to see how anyone with at least one eye and an average intelligence couldn't see the implied message behind that animated graphic.

Being "offended" just means you should work on controlling your emotions. ALL jokes are potentially offensive to someone. I think the last part explains it all. If you are sensitive and prone to butthurt, it might behoove you to avoid the "Chit-Chat" area of the forums.

If all else fails, please fill out a form and wait your turn. Someone will be with you momentarily. We want it to be addressed as soon as someone actually cares.

butthurt-claim-form_o_850038.jpg

why-so-serious-2-o.gif
  • some_betty
    Options

Shaken, not stirred.

Wow! Really?

First, that's a doll.

Being "offended" just means you should work on controlling your emotions. ALL jokes are potentially offensive to someone. I think the last part explains it all. If you are sensitive and prone to butthurt, it might behoove you to avoid the "Chit-Chat" area of the forums.

If all else fails, please fill out a form and wait your turn. Someone will be with you momentarily. We want it to be addressed as soon as someone actually cares.

why-so-serious-2-o.gif

lol. I got you to say "behoove". #winning
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Why? I'm 1/16th Lumbee Indian (Mother's maternal grandfather). Does that qualify for government grants or something?

No, no money, but they might need help with this I-pad situation they have going on right now:

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/article_f5f9330d-b630-5fe5-a341-9fb5f9cb8a85.html
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Shaken, not stirred.

Wow! Really?

First, that's a doll.

why-so-serious-2-o.gif

lol. I got you to say "behoove". #winning

Hey, behoove is one of my favorites! :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Shaken, not stirred.

To me it looks more like someone holding a doll during an earthquake. Is it offensive to people that someone might hold a baby during an earthquake?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Shaken, not stirred.

To me it looks more like someone holding a doll during an earthquake. Is it offensive to people that someone might hold a baby during an earthquake?

The real question here is what is that doll mixed with... right?
  • rml_16
    Options
    Shaken, not stirred.

You're right! We've been arguing a straw man here.

I still want to know -- and no one has answered -- if a glass of Coke has only one dro pof rum, is it a mixed drink?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Shaken, not stirred.

I still want to know -- and no one has answered -- if a glass of Coke has only one dro pof rum, is it a mixed drink?

That one hurts my brain. I'm pretty sure a glass of Coke with only one drop of rum would just piss me off.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Shaken, not stirred.

That one hurts my brain. I'm pretty sure a glass of Coke with only one drop of rum would just piss me off.

LMAO
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Shaken, not stirred.

What about a glass of rum with one drop of Coke?
  • some_betty
    Options
    Is it dark or light rum?
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I am Caucasion of German, French, and English heritage, although the English side is "Norman Conquest French." I was raised in the US in New England and I am part of the Agent Orange generation.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Shaken, not stirred.

My brain is hurting at this point, too. :laugh:

I say no. It's NOT a mixed drink if there's only one drop of rum. It is decided, there must be at least an ounce of liquor or it's not a mixed drink. :drinker: :smokin:
  • rml_16
    Options
    Shaken, not stirred.

My brain is hurting at this point, too. :laugh:

I say no. It's NOT a mixed drink if there's only one drop of rum. It is decided, there must be at least an ounce of liquor or it's not a mixed drink. :drinker: :smokin:
    Clearly, you're a drinkist.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Is it dark or light rum?

Spiced

rum_captain_morgan_spiced.jpg