98 pounds goal weight

Options
Hello everybody,

I have been using Myfitnesspal to calorie count & count my exercise for a while. But I have been doing it without stopping for 50days now.
I started on January 28th properly. I weighed in at 182 pounds which is my heaviest ever I felt disgusting & bloated. I am currently weighing 161 pounds at the moment and I am actively trying to lose more. I am feeling so much better already.
I am 5"0 and that may sound like I weigh a lot to you but I am cursed with a bigger chest and my boobs actually weigh 2 and a half stone (yes i weighed them) so I have always weighed a bit extra but overall I am quite petite.
I want my goal weight to be 98 pounds but I have been told that is way too skinny, and a child like weight and I should be aiming for at least 119pounds. I was 98 pounds when I was younger and I felt my best then.
Is this a good goal weight or am I being stupid?

Thanks

Tabitha

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    in my opinion, an adult should always have a 3 digit weight. what that is depends on each person....but 98 lbs...especially coming from 180-something sounds unhealthy. please re-evaluate your goals and make sure you're eating enough to FUEL your body. food should fuel, and should NOT be the enemy.

maybe 105-110 would look good on you, as you're 5 feet even. but remember, it's not always about looking good, but feeling good. if you get down to a dangerous weight, i can almost guarantee you won't be feeling good. you were probably 98 lbs as a child....you felt good then but your body wasn't yet done growing.
  • Tyggress73
    Tyggress73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your frame and how you carry your weight, etc.

My 20-year-old daughter is 5'0" also, and bounces between 98 - 106lbs on average. She still has meat on her bones, and has curves (hips and full-C boobs). She is just VERY petitie and small-boned.

So, while 98 lbs sounds extreme, if you are built really small like my daughter, it might be the right weight for you...
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your overall build. My sister is 4'11" and when she was 98lbs she looked great, but she pretty much has no boobs! If I were you, I wouldn't get fixated on a number. Keep losing slowly, take progress pictures, and evaluate how happy you are with your body. If you want a goal number you could try a body fat percentage or a waist measurement. That way you will have something to focus on, but you won't be frustrated if your boobs stop you from getting to 98lbs in a healthy way.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Body weight is not a goal. Get fit. Get lean and evaluate what you want to do, not what you want to weigh.
  • fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and aiming for 115. Since you're two inches shorter than me, I would think you could be healthy weighing 105. I would just wait and see how you feel once you get closer to your goal. Congrats on your loss so far!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    How on earth did you weigh your boobs?
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I say if your shooting to feel good like you used to, lose until you feel comfortable and happy again... Don't go by the pounds, go by how you feel.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Hello everybody,

I have been using Myfitnesspal to calorie count & count my exercise for a while. But I have been doing it without stopping for 50days now.
    I started on January 28th properly. I weighed in at 182 pounds which is my heaviest ever I felt disgusting & bloated. I am currently weighing 161 pounds at the moment and I am actively trying to lose more. I am feeling so much better already.
    I am 5"0 and that may sound like I weigh a lot to you but I am cursed with a bigger chest and my boobs actually weigh 2 and a half stone (yes i weighed them) so I have always weighed a bit extra but overall I am quite petite.
    I want my goal weight to be 98 pounds but I have been told that is way too skinny, and a child like weight and I should be aiming for at least 119pounds. I was 98 pounds when I was younger and I felt my best then.
    Is this a good goal weight or am I being stupid?

Thanks

Tabitha

I would wait until you get to 130 and reassess your goal from there.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    "When I was younger" is your key phrase here.
    I'm only 19 and I already think it's unhealthy to get down to my high school weight.

Why don't you start with 119lbs and see how you look/feel? Maybe somewhere in the middle would be best for you, reach 105-115lbs and tone up until you look the way you want. Like taso said, body weight is not a goal. It's just your relationship to gravity.
  • PietrosMom
    Options
    The standard used to be 100 pounds for the first 5 feet and 5 pounds for every inch over that. NOW, the standard is expressed by your BMI. A weight of 100 pounds at 5 feet tall is a BMI of 19.5 which is normal. To stay in the normal category your weight can be anywhere between 95 and 126 pounds. Since you are blessed upstairs, perhaps that is why people think 98 would be too thin. As long as you can keep a healthy BMI, BP, high energy level, and etc., you should get to a weight that make you feel good about yourself.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options

I"m picturing a food scale situation?
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with 98 at 5 foot tall BUT as everyone says go for fit and healthy and don't focus on the number. You are gorgeous and you are goig to be even more gorgeous.

I was focused on 115 but actually at 125, I am very healthy and happy.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Body weight is not a goal. Get fit. Get lean and evaluate what you want to do, not what you want to weigh.

This.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

...brb
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    The shorter you are, the less you should weigh, IMO.

I'm 5'2"ish.
    The last time I weighed like 98lbs had to be either 8th grade or freshmen year. I was still like 105lbs for a long time after I graduated, maybe late teens, to my 21st bday. And then I had a kid and all that **** changed! LOL

So for someone 5' tall on the nose. Go on and shoot for your 98lbs if you want as long as you're healthy. If you want some meat on your bones, do some strength training and shoot for 100's.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and a size 2-4. I say dont worry about the number and reasses every few pounds how you feel and look.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

^^^This
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That's way too little! I'd say go for the 119 but, if you're small boned, 110 might be okay.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

This^

When one's lifestyle is only about weight and not health, nothing will be sustainable and the weight loss will not be permanent. Health is the most important factor. Being underweight can be just as unhealthy, sometimes more, than being overweight. Speaking from experience, you can damage your body, and metabolism by extreme dieting. Find a healthy lifestyle that you can sustain forever and let your body decide what it's healthy weight is.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

...brb

How'd you do? Which one was heavier?