98 pounds goal weight

Options

Replies

• Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    it's certainly possible to be 98 and healthy at 5 feet tall. Depends on your natural shape really. I have several sisters who struggled to get into the 100s and both of them are closer to the 5'4'' range. My mom was less than 100 pounds throughout her young adulthood, through 9 kids, even. She's 5'3" and she didn't look too skinny at that weight. She only got over 100 pounds after she had me and my twin (numbers 8 and 9). She barely gained weight with any of her kids. People on this site would have a heart attack, but she has always been super healthy and just didn't weigh much.

Sadly, I took after my dad's sister....got the boobs, butt, etc. I'm not quite 5'2", and last time I weighed 98 pounds was in 10th grade. I was 118 when I got married at 20 and looked my best. However, 2 kids later and I don't know that 118 would look good on me anymore, and certainly not 98 pounds! But again, I've got almost 2" on you, and that makes a big difference.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Body weight is not a goal. Get fit. Get lean and evaluate what you want to do, not what you want to weigh.

Seconded. Or was it thirded? THIS.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    98 lbs for someone who is 5'0 seems about right.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I will say that I weighted exactly the same a year ago (gained 15 pounds after an injury), but I look more fit than I have in about five years. I am 5'3" I'm not sure right now where my goal weight needs to be, except that my abs are quite where I want them to be yet, so I'll keep working for a bit on eating more clean and working out and see what happens. There is no magic number as long as you are confident and healthy.

There is a lady on here, wish I could remember her name, who weighs more now, but looks way leaner. It really all has to do with toning and building muscle mass.
  • tabithacate
    tabithacate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have tried telling people that I look alright at 98-105 pounds but I get told I'm being too optimistic ¬.¬. I had been exercising a lot last month and working out everyday but having broke my wrist about four weeks ago & recovering from an operation on it it has had to take a bit of a back burner until I have gained strength back in my wrist. But I am still walking about, and going to start walking on my friends treadmill to get started. Its annoying because I was getting pretty fit & goodish at running!
    I know it sounds stupid haha but I kind of leant my chest on my electric scales just out of curiousty (fully clothed of course) so I don't know how accurate they were lol! I am a clothes size 12 at the moment and I was a size 14-16 when I weighed 182 pounds.
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    How on earth did you weigh your boobs?

Really.. Srsly, this.:noway:
  • s4ffr0n
    s4ffr0n Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think that 98 lbs can be a reasonable goal depending on your frame size and body shape. For example, I'm 5'4 with a small frame, and when I was 98 lbs, I was also in really good shape - running 20+ miles a week, weight-lifting, etc. I also had C-cups, but I don't have much of an *kitten*. In contrast, my sister is 5'2 with medium frame and big booty, and her healthiest weight was 115 lbs. She also had more muscle mass (not a bad thing, still looks slender).

So, if you have a small frame size.. I think 98 lbs will be fine. If you have a lot of breast tissue naturally, your boobs won't flatten out that much (just look at Angelina Jolie) compared to being like 115 lbs. If you have a medium/large frame or can carry more weight in your hips/butt, I'd go for a slightly higher goal.
  • kimm147
    kimm147 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    you are not stupid, i know that as we get older sometimes those "previous" weight are just a little bit harder to achive. i don't know how long ago that was for you, but i vote do what makes you happy. if that means 98 lbs. then do it. you know what best for you and what you are happy with. please be healthy though, that is my only input as far as, " is 98 lbs. reasonable or stupid"

health and happiness to you!!
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options

^^^This

she didn't.
    it's bloody impossible without cutting them off!

plus, she says they weigh 35 lbs!!!!

I have J cups and they don't weight that much.

but thanks for the laughs!
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have tried telling people that I look alright at 98-105 pounds but I get told I'm being too optimistic ¬.¬. I had been exercising a lot last month and working out everyday but having broke my wrist about four weeks ago & recovering from an operation on it it has had to take a bit of a back burner until I have gained strength back in my wrist. But I am still walking about, and going to start walking on my friends treadmill to get started. Its annoying because I was getting pretty fit & goodish at running!
    I know it sounds stupid haha but I kind of leant my chest on my electric scales just out of curiousty (fully clothed of course) so I don't know how accurate they were lol! I am a clothes size 12 at the moment and I was a size 14-16 when I weighed 182 pounds.

congratulations on weighing your whole upper body.
  • tabithacate
    Options

^^^This

she didn't.

How do you know I don't have K cups? :)
  • tabithacate
    Options

Yes I am aware of this but thanks for the sarcasm much appreciated !
  • TigressPat
    Options

^^^This

she didn't.

How do you know I don't have K cups? :)

I looked at your photos.
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    my 11 year old brother is 5'3( tall for his age yes) and 98 pounds he is skin and bones. to me that is not a healthy weight for a adult person.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    You're 21. You were 98lb probably pre-adolescence. This is not a reasonable goal for an adult woman.
  • TigressPat
    Options

Yes I am aware of this but thanks for the sarcasm much appreciated !

if you were aware of your error, why did you share it with others and state it as if it was a fact?
  • tabithacate
    Options
    You can't tell by looking at pictures thank you. I was not taking myself seriously by throwing the weighing my boobs bit in my thread I was just saying that the majority of my weight is my boobs. If you think I was I would seriously hate to think of your sense of humour.
    Anyway keyboard warrior off my thread with your negativity, I am looking for positive people who are going to inspire me with my weight loss not bored middle aged women.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

i was waitng or someone to ask that
  • TigressPat
    Options
    You can't tell by looking at pictures thank you. I was not taking myself seriously by throwing the weighing my boobs bit in my thread I was just saying that the majority of my weight is my boobs. If you think I was I would seriously hate to think of your sense of humour.
    Anyway keyboard warrior off my thread with your negativity, I am looking for positive people who are going to inspire me with my weight loss not bored middle aged women.

and thanks for the second laugh of the day!

good luck to you and your delusions of grandeur, grasshopper.
  • tabithacate
    Options

and thanks for the second laugh of the day!

good luck to you and your delusions of grandeur, grasshopper.

Sorry delusions, what am I deluded about lol?