98 pounds goal weight

Options

Replies

• nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and my favorite weight for myself is 107. I've been under 100 (in my early 20's) and it was okay, but since I'm older, I like being a big more curvy. See how you feel once you get down to around 120 or so. You might be surprised that you're happy with that weight. If not, you can always keep going.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    :laugh:
    You can't tell by looking at pictures thank you. I was not taking myself seriously by throwing the weighing my boobs bit in my thread I was just saying that the majority of my weight is my boobs. If you think I was I would seriously hate to think of your sense of humour.
    Anyway keyboard warrior off my thread with your negativity, I am looking for positive people who are going to inspire me with my weight loss not bored middle aged women.

and thanks for the second laugh of the day!

good luck to you and your delusions of grandeur, grasshopper.

Sorry delusions, what am I deluded about lol?

your boundless youth
    your witty humour
    your superiority
    your "ginormous" boobs

• ElizabethKG1983
    ElizabethKG1983 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to people that are being snarky! ;) You will figure out for yourself what the right weight is for you. One thing to keep in mind is how much muscle you have and how much you will have as you get closer to your goal weight. When I was 18 I weighed 120 lbs (I am 5'5") and although I looked thin I was kinda flabby because I wasn't that fit. When I was 20 I weighed 145 lbs but was all muscle and I looked and felt way better than I had at 120 lbs but I weighed 25 lbs more! I like to keep in mind an ideal size that I want to be and how I want to feel and look, instead of a weight goal. Weight can be subjective, because if you are very fit and have a lot of muscle you will probably weigh more than someone that has barely any muscle. Good luck to you!!
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    Body weight is not a goal. Get fit. Get lean and evaluate what you want to do, not what you want to weigh.

^^ This (again)

There was a woman who posted progression pictures and had only lost ten pounds, but through the power of lifting looked AMAZING. She looked 40 pounds lighter. Don't fixate on the scale.
  • lgoldfarb
    lgoldfarb Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5' with boobs and hips. I started out at 136 (size 12) I'm at 124 now (size 8/10). My first goal is to get to 112, ultimately I want to be a size 2-4 again which I think I'd need to be around 105 lbs. I was 95lbs until I was 21, that's when I felt my best.
  • tabithacate
    tabithacate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can't tell by looking at pictures thank you. I was not taking myself seriously by throwing the weighing my boobs bit in my thread I was just saying that the majority of my weight is my boobs. If you think I was I would seriously hate to think of your sense of humour.
    Anyway keyboard warrior off my thread with your negativity, I am looking for positive people who are going to inspire me with my weight loss not bored middle aged women.

and thanks for the second laugh of the day!

good luck to you and your delusions of grandeur, grasshopper.

Sorry delusions, what am I deluded about lol?

your boundless youth
    your witty humour
    your superiority
    your "ginormous" boobs

Well yes I am very youthful & I do have ginormous boobs, not sure about the witty humour or superiority but thanks netherless.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    In for 35lb boobs. :flowerforyou:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Body weight is not a goal. Get fit. Get lean and evaluate what you want to do, not what you want to weigh.

This. Healthy BMI chart for 5'0" looks to be 95-125. Although in my humble opinion 35 lbs of boobage isn't going to feel that great on a 60 lb body. :wink:
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My 4'8" 9 year old doesn't weigh much less than that.
    7azAao5.jpg
    I would say it's much too much on the slim side, but each to their own.
    Why don't you try reaching around 115 and doing some lifting, will get you a trimmer figure than just getting skinny. No-one sees the number on the scale except you (and even you don't have to if you don't want to!), so it's really all about physical size, not weight.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My cousin is 5'0" and her weight fluctuates between about 96 lbs and 126 lbs... all of which look healthy on her.
  • tabithacate
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I am leaning more towards 115 pounds. I am going to get down to 126pounds see how I look and go from there I think.
  • wannatangle
    wannatangle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't think 98 pounds sounds that unreasonable for your height but maybe you could put your goal around 115 and see how you feel once you get there? My goal is set to 118 and now that I have been working out I am not sure I am actually going to make it. I am in the size (or at least close) to what I was aiming for at 123 pounds. At this point I am just waiting to see what happens. I am going to keep working out and eating sensibly and if I lose a bit more great. If not, that is OK too.
  • ShawnNhGa1977
    ShawnNhGa1977 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 0 inches myself and i had a goal of 95 lbs then someone said to me that was too tiny so i raised my goal up to 115 lbs im currently at 125lbs
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I would wait until you get to 130 and reassess your goal from there.
    That's what I would do. My maintenance weight is less than my goal weight. When I hit goal, I decided I should keep going a bit more.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You are still a long way away from either weight. Why don't you get to 120 and reevaluate then?
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    you're small. It's a normal weight for you. Do what you feel comfortable with.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    that is still in a healthy BMI range. So I don't see the issue.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options

I was 98 pounds when I was younger
    that should answer your question right there the lowest weight you should go is like 105-110..im right there with ya tho..im 5'1'' and gained back 20 lbs..now almost back to 150..its gross, but please dont go under 100..
  • tabithacate
    Options
    You are still a long way away from either weight. Why don't you get to 120 and reevaluate then?

I am going to do this, I look slim at 120 but I just feel skinnier and not fat at 98-115 but this is my plan :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    As others have said, depends on your bone structure. At your height it might be fine. But are you OCD about achieving goals? If so I'd set the goal a bit higher then lower it if, when you reach that goal, you aren't satisfied with your level of fitness and/or appearance.