Convince me Pop Tarts & ice cream are bad.

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

I was discussing savory pop tarts the other day. I have a site for that too, but I don't think I bookmarked it. I believe the link I posted earlier is where I saw that. Good luck!
    I wonder if they're anywhere near as good as meat doughnuts...

250px-Lihapiirakka.jpg

AKA Lihapiirakka: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_doughnut

They really are awesome. Like a regular deep-fried doughnut, only with a meat and rice filling. If I could think of a way to bring them to Indiana, I think I'd be rich.

OH you bad girl. Those sound delicious too. Do you make them yourself?
    Nope. We lived in Finland for several months, and I used to get them at the grocery store. Cost .89 euro (or a little over a buck) from the in-store bakery.

Back in for meat doughnuts
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    If you arent convinced by the nutrition label, nothing I or anyone else can say will convince you.

Hmmmm... carry on eating the "natural" tater tots, pizza and Hot Pockets you have in your diary then and leave more Pop Tarts for the rest of us :smile:

QFT. Beat me to it.

well that's funny.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    If you arent convinced by the nutrition label, nothing I or anyone else can say will convince you.

Hmmmm... carry on eating the "natural" tater tots, pizza and Hot Pockets you have in your diary then and leave more Pop Tarts for the rest of us :smile:

Perfect. Just freakin' perfect.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If you can eat a limited amount and stop more power too you. I can't so I don't. It is a disservice to think we all have the same response to sugary foods. Read scientific research on sugary foods and dopamine. I can get addicted to the rush so it is easier To stick with plan my food plan if I don't eat sugary stuff but I don't care if you do.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight like you want to? If not, I would cut back.

I honestly don't understand people whose diaries are nothing but salads and Protein Shakes.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

QFT. Beat me to it.

well that's funny.

haha nice
  • CoachJake83
    CoachJake83 Posts: 108
    Options
    Starting up a flame thread on IIFYM isn't exactly wise ;-)

It's obvious you've been educated on the subject, and it looks like you know it's important to get at least 80-90% of your diet from whole foods that are nutrient dense to meet your micro requirements.

So clearly having 10-20% of your calories at the end of the day from nutrient void foods is completely fine.

But come on...starting a thread about this...especially when it's clear you're already educated on it, on a forum where people are typically just starting out...that's just like whacking a hornet's nest with a stick man...come on...haha
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

QFT. Beat me to it.

well that's funny.

haha nice

People in glass houses... :smile:
  • CoachJake83
    CoachJake83 Posts: 108
    Options
    I won't pretend I don't do the same now that I am enlightened to the fact that sugar is irrelevant if the majority of your diet is whole and nutrient dense.

However being on the same level of knowledge, I can make the case that we don't 100% know for sure the effect that processed foods will have on our bodies in the long run...

We may end up with cancer someday who knows. Likely? Probably not at all, but you never know.

But on the flipside, there's plenty of processed ingredients in 'healthy' foods too, and in today's world it's just unrealistic to eat completely whole and organic with every calorie...
  • magerum
    Options
    Who's in for the roll?
  • mmapags
    Options
    Who's in for the roll?

in
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    In
  • mmapags
    Options

I honestly don't understand people whose diaries are nothing but salads and Protein Shakes.

I know it's long but it helps for your comments to be more appropriate when you actually read the thread.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

I know it's long but it helps for your comments to be more appropriate when you actually read the thread.

congrats on 4,000 posts! :drinker:
  • mmapags
    Options
    I won't pretend I don't do the same now that I am enlightened to the fact that sugar is irrelevant if the majority of your diet is whole and nutrient dense.

However being on the same level of knowledge, I can make the case that we don't 100% know for sure the effect that processed foods will have on our bodies in the long run...

We may end up with cancer someday who knows. Likely? Probably not at all, but you never know.

But on the flipside, there's plenty of processed ingredients in 'healthy' foods too, and in today's world it's just unrealistic to eat completely whole and organic with every calorie...

Take control of your own life. Do you need any coaching on that?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

In for the roll & congrats mmapags on 4000 posts & congrats to Coach for eating a pop tart! A nice day, all in all.
  • magerum
    Options
    PopTartCat_zpscfc145a7.gif
  • mmapags
    Options

Thanks man. Didn't even realize it. I probably need a plan to be more useful. lol :drinker:
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    In

53cd88a1-56fa-4cbe-8c3e-36c2da9a045c_zpsf867cf65.jpg
  • magerum
    Options
    nyan-cat-pop-tart_zpsc7567ddf.jpg