Convince me Pop Tarts & ice cream are bad.

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    so guys, I'm gonna go eat some pop tarts today. :laugh: my local bodega's selection is limited - brown sugar or cherry i think... which do I go with?

The brown sugar pop tarts are amazing.

i've had em both and like 'em both... just if i'm gonna do this i gotta make the right call. haha

Yes, if you're going to - take your time and make the decision the right one. I made homeade brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts this weekend. I don't like all the filling - so halved it. Heavenly. And because I have more weight to lose - I only ate one. See? It can be done.

recipe?

Nice loss, btw. Here's the link - http://www.the-baker-chick.com/2012/03/21/cinnamon-brown-sugar-pop-tarts/

ETA: the picture in my ticker is from the website.

OMG the possibilities are endless here. I could make any kind of pop tart my heart desires!! I'm even contemplating a savory pop tart. Thank you!

Sunshine, rainbows, and unicorn farts my horizons have been expanded.

OP if you want to make these kind of pop tarts and share them then I would approve of your pop tart habit. Also think about the 1000's of calories that would be burned from standing over a hot oven vs. clicking that little button thing on a toaster.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Ok it works for you and your goals op, but wouldn't work for me. I'm trying to get below 10%bf, and eating an insane amount of un-needed protein and carbs would never get me there...but you have different goals I guess. GL

I am very confused by this post.

this is a nice thread. lets not start fights.

What??? I was saying I was confused. Please stop it with the jumping on my posts and trying to make out I am flame baiting. It is really really tiresome and very hypocritical.

Who appointed you the thread police anyway? Seems very rich coming from you.

^ must not have read the whole thread... sorry bout that Sara - really wasn't attacking you. it was a joke. relax. lol

Fine - but back off. Its not funny.

Oh, and I did read the whole thread. My comment had absolutely nothing to do with you.

never again will I make jokes in your presence... i sincerely apologize...

back on track - so... actually i'm only gonna eat ONE pop tart tonight... since I hadn't been planning on it ahead of time, and the 68 carbs would screw me for my other meals today. 39 I can handle. :happy:

Just make your 'jokes' actual jokes rather than digs or out of context patronizing statements and we will be good

i can't control how you respond to a joke... so instead i'll just leave you alone since we can't seem to play nice... :frown:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ok it works for you and your goals op, but wouldn't work for me. I'm trying to get below 10%bf, and eating an insane amount of un-needed protein and carbs would never get me there...but you have different goals I guess. GL

I am very confused by this post.

this is a nice thread. lets not start fights.

What??? I was saying I was confused. Please stop it with the jumping on my posts and trying to make out I am flame baiting. It is really really tiresome and very hypocritical.

Who appointed you the thread police anyway? Seems very rich coming from you.

^ must not have read the whole thread... sorry bout that Sara - really wasn't attacking you. it was a joke. relax. lol

Fine - but back off. Its not funny.

Oh, and I did read the whole thread. My comment had absolutely nothing to do with you.

never again will I make jokes in your presence... i sincerely apologize...

back on track - so... actually i'm only gonna eat ONE pop tart tonight... since I hadn't been planning on it ahead of time, and the 68 carbs would screw me for my other meals today. 39 I can handle. :happy:

Just make your 'jokes' actual jokes rather than digs or out of context patronizing statements and we will be good

i can't control how you respond to a joke... so instead i'll just leave you alone since we can't seem to play nice... :frown:

Apart from the fact that your response to my post in no way was indicative of joking, your suggestion is one I would greatly appreciate
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

Patronizing: 1.Treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    NO.
    This
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    NO.
    This

x3
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I just want to know what OP does to burn all those calories, lol.
    I can only get close doing 2 hours intense gym cardio, or cycling for a over 2 hours.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I can only get close doing 2 hours intense gym cardio, or cycling for a over 2 hours.

Read the rest of the thread and you'll find out.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I can't eat Pop Tarts due to a self-imposed dietary restriction (vegetarian), but I can't say the same for (most) ice cream. :)

I would just pass on the 3 meat pop tarts and go for some of the more vegetarian friendly varieties.

The ones I've checked (mind you, I think it has been fruit based ones), they had gelatin. Is it just the jelly? Cause if so... I do remember enjoying those growing up. lol
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I can't eat Pop Tarts due to a self-imposed dietary restriction (vegetarian), but I can't say the same for (most) ice cream. :)

I would just pass on the 3 meat pop tarts and go for some of the more vegetarian friendly varieties.

The ones I've checked (mind you, I think it has been fruit based ones), they had gelatin. Is it just the jelly? Cause if so... I do remember enjoying those growing up. lol

Well I'll be. After researching gelatin (it is made from animal by products), no, you cannot eat pop tarts. Or gummies bears. Or Jello!
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Well I'll be. After researching gelatin (it is made from animal by products), no, you cannot eat pop tarts. Or gummies bears. Or Jello!

Or Starbursts. :( Skittles crossed into the veggie zone semi-recently though!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Or Starbursts. :( Skittles crossed into the veggie zone semi-recently though!

Hooray for you :happy:
  • Graelwyn75
    Options

Read the rest of the thread and you'll find out.

I have read all of the thread, but it is a lot of posts and some I read late last night before bed, I must have missed that. It does not specify what cardio he does, if you refer to the initial post. Or what weight training. Just how much.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    they didn't have brown sugar! cherry it is. in the toaster as we speak. and actually yeah I'm having both. Puts me over on carbs significantly, but I needed the calories. :tongue:
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Nope...can't do it.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    they didn't have brown sugar! cherry it is. in the toaster as we speak. and actually yeah I'm having both. Puts me over on carbs significantly, but I needed the calories. :tongue:

I am shocked, but also glad you are giving yourself a nice treat tonight. Last time I had one, I heated it up and put a little ice cream on top. Next time, if there is a next time as I prefer brownies and chocolate fudge cake personally, I plan on trying it with some greek yoghurt. I loved the cinnamon ones, hated the smores, not found any other flavours I like yet.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    "Please, 'convince' me of a fact that I have established in my head to be true, and I actually have no intention of changing-- I just want to prove that I'm such a special snowflake that I can eat 800 calories of sugar every day and flaunt it to the fatties."
    THIS!!!!!!!!!
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    So if it has mold or fungus growing on it ... it's probably bad.

If it looks green but started out white ... it's probably bad.

If it's moving, and you're not touching it ... it's probably bad.

7644004208_087cc2bd53_m.jpg
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I eat them both frequently. I usually try to choose the no sugar added ice cream and I have to say the cupcake confetti poptarts are freaking amazing (didn't think they could be better than cc chookie dough ones, but they are)!!!!!!!!!

Hope you lost a huge amount of weight so obviously they aren't bad unless you eat a lot of it every day!