If u owned a gym what totalitarian policies would u enforce?

Options

Replies

• adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My rules would include:

If someones set up a machine to use it for what its meant for.. do not remove their weights and use it for a different exercise that has its own machines.. all of which are open.

If you have to throw a weight on the floor.. grow up and stop lifting what you can't put away safely.

I would also hire a physiotherapist to make sure people squat right etc.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    no throwing weights. Dropping is different, but purposely throwing is a no no. and also the don't be a douche rule. And for frak sake no cell phones other than for Pandora.

I guess I'd be banned from your gym too since I use the Jefit app on my phone to track my lifting progress, time my rest periods between sets, etc. I also use Endomondo on my phone connected through bluetooth to my HRM to accurately track calories burned while I am doing cardio. Hmmm...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    no sitting down unless you are holding something heavy and preferably moving it through the air.

I guess your gym doesn't have spinning classes, stationary bikes, or rowing machines. Bummer. I get tired of treadmills.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    curling in the squat rack gets you tarred and feathered
    Came to post this. Left satisfied.
  • grantdumas7
    Options
    Forget the cell phones and re-racking stuff..... it's your gym so what would you REALLY enforce because YOU CAN?

Here would be some of mine:

1. Any member caught taking a selfie is banned for two weeks. Second violation is permabanned.

2. No striped tank tops, guys.

3. All cardio equipment must be used for AT LEAST 25 min. No quickies here, folks. Any violation sets off a siren alarm in the machine and violating members will be banned for one week.

4. Only sports-related programming on the TVs.

@#mn gym. :)

6. If you can't do at least 5 pullups after your first month of membership, your membership dues increase 30%.

7. Coconut water water fountains.

That is all.
    #3 has to go. What if someone is doing HIIT? What if they want to do 10 min elliptical and 15 min on the stairstepper?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Forget the cell phones and re-racking stuff..... it's your gym so what would you REALLY enforce because YOU CAN?

Here would be some of mine:

1. Any member caught taking a selfie is banned for two weeks. Second violation is permabanned.

2. No striped tank tops, guys.

3. All cardio equipment must be used for AT LEAST 25 min. No quickies here, folks. Any violation sets off a siren alarm in the machine and violating members will be banned for one week.

4. Only sports-related programming on the TVs.

@#mn gym. :)

6. If you can't do at least 5 pullups after your first month of membership, your membership dues increase 30%.

7. Coconut water water fountains.

That is all.
    #3 has to go. What if someone is doing HIIT?

Guess we'll just have to push for another 5 minutes on the treadmill
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

That is all.

I've been doing strength training for a year now, and I still can't do a pull-up.

However I can squat 100kgs, so I'd like to suggest, that if you can do something equally impressive, but not pull-ups you can get the membership rebate. *nod*
  • grantdumas7
    Options
    Here are two other pet peeves at the gym:
    1) Not stacking the plates properly e.g. placing 45LB plates on top of 10LB plates.
    2) Doing exercises right in front of the dumbbell rack. I swear I want to throw a dumbbell at these people.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    All men must walk around topless

I can almost guarantee that you are not going to enjoy this... :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    One rule: everybody out. Now. :happy:
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'd get booted, just for changing my shoes...and what about the toilet?
    no sitting down unless you are holding something heavy and preferably moving it through the air.

I guess your gym doesn't have spinning classes, stationary bikes, or rowing machines. Bummer. I get tired of treadmills.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I'd get booted, just for changing my shoes...and what about the toilet?

Learn to pee standing up, duh.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    One rule: everybody out. Now. :happy:

Perfect. This will solve all of the problems of chicks wearing makeup, people chatting, not cleaning off machines, people actually looking in thoses mirrors that line the entire gym, heavy breathers and people with bad breath.

I like this gym.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

<---curls in the rack on the regular

game-of-thrones-gif-12_zps04d0e38c.gif
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options

:laugh: Great idea!

Eta: Admit I dunnit, too. Still funny!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    And then set on fire!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    okay what is wrong with a striped tank top?
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    okay what is wrong with a striped tank top?

You're supposed to be shirtless.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options

me too... which is why i get my cardio from circuits. I hate all "cardio machines." My gym would certainly not have any...
  • clariemoo
    clariemoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ban sugary drinks like the Sarsbucks frapuccinos I saw people walk around with and placing in the cup-holders of the elliptical machines.