From a 4XL to a size 8!

Options
christibam
christibam Posts: 478 Member
I'm pretty stoked right now. I'm less than 9 lbs from my medically ideal weight, according to my Doctor, but my measurements are within a healthy BMI range. I was 308lbs and a 4XL when I was 18 years old. I was 298 and somewhere between a 24-28 in December of 2011. Today I am 157.4 and most of my size 8 jeans fit PERFECTLY with the exception of two pairs being too big.

I still sometimes can hardly believe that me of all people actually got this far. I used to be the type to sit and cry (and eat) about how big I had let myself get. Once I started getting help and found out why I was over eating everything just seemed to fall into place after that. I've had some huge life changes that, before, would have sent me into a downward spiral back to where I was or even bigger. However, with the support of my friends, family, MFP and my own determination . . . I've stuck with it and couldn't be happier with how my body has progressed.

Of course, I do have extra skin but it is slowly diminishing. I'd rather have some sag than be toting around 141 extra pounds. So to anyone who might be worried about that being a deterrent, don't. There are ways around it and it feels better to be the healthy girl in a one piece rather than the fat girl in a tankini.

Really, the biggest part of what I've changed is that I'm eating less and getting off the couch more now. I don't have any big secrets to share besides what is already known: eating appropriately and moving around more really DOES work. I do strongly believe that getting a handle on my over eating and going to therapy for things impacted me a lot as well. If anyone is suffering from any type of eating disorder or anything that may hinder your own happiness and success, I cannot stress enough how much help finding out the root of the issue can solve most of the hurdles that may be thrown your way.

The day I started on MFP
13505363_2795.jpg

After my first charity walk
13505363_7020.jpg

Me and my boyfriend's little sister both fitting into a size 16 skirt someone gave me a long time ago
13505363_2971.jpg

Size 8!
427678_587729997911043_616700451_n.jpg

And just because I'm about to turn 26 . . . I dyed my hair blonde and grew a sexy 'stache.
13505363_8501.jpg

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    WOW. Christi, you look AMAZING! Congratulations on your success!
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Wow, great transformation. We're all very proud of you, and your body is very happy!!!
  • chrisilouhoo
    chrisilouhoo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    amazing! way to go!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    These are the stories that keep me going! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! Great job!!!!
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! The picture of you in that black dress - you'd never know it's the same woman. That is an awesome transformation! :smile:
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!!
  • christibam
    Options
    Holy crap! The picture of you in that black dress - you'd never know it's the same woman. That is an awesome transformation! :smile:

RIGHT?! lol I keep looking at old pictures and I'm like . . . wtf? I still do wake up in the morning sometimes and expect to see that same girl in the mirror and then I just smile.

I'm going to take some more pictures later today to post. I have some stuff that shows more of a loss than the black dress. I'll have to get one with my new swimsuit at some point too. It's pretty much the sexiest thing I've ever worn. Ever.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    WTG, you are amazing!!
  • christibam
    Options
    OH! One more thing I'm super excited about . . . I recorded a video last year and made myself promise to not watch it until I hit 148.5lbs. I remember crying my eyes out talking to my "future" self in the video. I haven't watched it yet but have come close. Hopefully I'll watch it within the next few months. 8.9lbs to go and I'll have kept true to my word of losing exactly half my MFP starting weight. :D

I'm probably going to bawl like a 4 year old girl when I watch it . . . and I couldn't be happier about it.
  • RochelleBlack
    Options
    So amazing. And you should be SUPER proud of your hard work! It is not easy to take it off but it is SO easy to put it on. Rock on lady (:
  • 24kmparks
    24kmparks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • daysofmylife
    daysofmylife Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are one of the most amazing transformations I have seen! I am so impressed. Thank you for the motivation...not only did you help yourself, but your post is inspiring and helpful to others like me! Would love to know any tips you have to share and I wish you the best.
  • SimpleThingsInLife
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment. I love the stache! :laugh:
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Read the title, then just had to see the pics. YOU LOOK AMAZING! SO INSPIRING!
  • angiemo80
    Options
    You look amazing!! You are a true inspiration!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    way to get a healthy lifestyle started for the rest of your life! *bravo* :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! You should be so happy and proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!