Options

Replies

• Ademar111
    Ademar111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds great and fast!
  • Holliewd2
    Options
    Mine came out very dry. used a few frozen strawberries but I suspect not enough. Would banana make the pancakes more moist?
  • DankaCibulka
    DankaCibulka Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Will definitely have to try these :smile: Sounds too easy! lol Do you record all of the ingredients separately??? Tks :bigsmile:
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jenmarqueiro
    jenmarqueiro Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bananas and an extra egg white will make it more moist, and blueberries work amazingly well for making them moist too :)
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • jenmarqueiro
    jenmarqueiro Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    OH! Also dark chocolate chips sprinkled in make them SUPER moist and taste sooooo good! And add some raisins/muesli for added texture :)
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    bump.

8488541.png
  • normalowell1
    normalowell1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow I always wondered if you could use your Protein Powder in cooking... hanks for the tip.. I wonder if here are other recipes that you can use your protein Powder in?? If any one knows of any please share...
  • babyfirefly_
    Options
    I made these recently with The Protein Works apple cinnamon swirl protein powder, cinnamon & blueberries, topped with a teaspoon of agave nectar. They were amazing!
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • marniesworld
    marniesworld Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

I'm new here, but as someone who makes protein pancakes like its my job, I just wanted to add a few alternate methods!

I tend to buy protein powder samples from a nutrition website (I found myself getting bored too quickly with the same flavor and ended up wasting - not cool) so I generally take one packet (the equivalent to a serving size if you have the full size tub) and mix with two egg whites and 2 tbls of either light sour cream (Daisy brand is my go-to) OR 2 tbls of 0% plain Greek yogurt. Mix it up with a whisk or an immersion blender and it's a done deal! You could also use one whole egg instead of 2 egg whites.

I also like to cook mine with a small amount of coconut oil rather than cooking spray, for added flavor, but that's only if I have it on hand. My recipe tends to only make 2 standard size pancakes, but they've always come out great!

Since each protein powder tends to differ in their serving size, I would suggest adding one tbls of each wet ingredient first and then adding the rest accordingly, depending on your desired consistency.

I'm totally going to try the original poster's recipe with the fruit next, but wanted to share with you how I've been making them!

Hope someone can get some use out of it!
  • millielosesweight
    millielosesweight Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
    Thanks for posting! :wink:
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow I always wondered if you could use your Protein Powder in cooking... hanks for the tip.. I wonder if here are other recipes that you can use your protein Powder in?? If any one knows of any please share...

So many great recipes out there. Take a look at proteinpow.com.
  • normalowell1
    normalowell1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip.. I am going there right now to take a look.. :)
  • marniesworld
    Options
    I made some this morning with some Banana protein powder! The powder seemed a bit thicker than some of the others, so I had to add a tablespoon of soy milk as well. They came out great!

IMG-20130819-00288.jpg
  • Mikki_Madness
    Options
    Wish I could work out the cals for these, but cant wait to try none the less! Yum!
  • marniesworld
    Options
    Mine came out to be about 212, not counting syrup, but counting the coconut oil I cooked them in!

Edited to add:
    1 packet Protein powder - 101
    2 Egg whites - 34
    2 tbls Greek Yogurt - 16
    1 tbls Vanilla Silk soy milk - 6
    Coconut oil - 55 (just a little over a teaspoon, to grease the pan!)