My husband thinks I have gotten too muscular

Options
1235»

Replies

• plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Its YOUR body do what feels best for you!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    He needs to MAN UP and get into the gym. Word.
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should be asking others about your marriage/husband. I certainly don't think others should give you advise! These comments for the most part are NOT helpful and extremely negative. Work on your own marriage. Good luck
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Thank you to Eekasmouse and some of the others who gave serious comments. I do believe my husband speaks without thinking sometimes. He is very jealous of the attention I get now. I have discussed why I am doing this with him but I think he forgets. My reasons are that I want to be around for a long time for him and our 3 children. Recently several relatively young people in our community have dropped dead suddenly and it was a real wakeup call. I mostly wanted sympathetic comments from others in my situation. Didnt really expect so much negativity and sarcasm. Although I did find the headlock and noogie comment funny.

Don't know your hubby but he may be worried that he'll lose you (side note: congrats on the 41 lbs weight loss - that's awesome). Our former next door neighbors were both overweight. The hubby started eating better and working out. Truth - he turned into a beef cake. She didn't appear to take his transformation so well. I saw her eating burgers in her car in their driveway before she went into the house. It was really sad seeing this because when I would talk to the hubby while we were both doing yard work it was obvious he loved his wife a great deal. They moved away and I always wondered how things are going for them.
  • KickyLegs
    KickyLegs Posts: 53
    Options
    I just talked to my husband over dinner about your topic. He said your hubby kind of sounds like a prick and he would never say that to anyone......(I'm not saying he's a saint, just repeating his words, that's all).

I still think talking to him about how you feel is best. I just wanted to add that my ex-boyfriend thought women with muscles (like, strong looking women) are super hot (and since I was a bean pole/skinny nothing at that time, I had conflicting thoughts about my physique).

So, I guess everyone has an opinion. As long as you love yourself and you are proud of your progress, who cares!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Beat him up. Show 'em who's boss.

^^ Yep. ^^ My hubby is always saying I'm going to get too strong and he's afraid I might beat him up.

In all seriousness, I think he is trying to tell me that he doesn't want me to get too muscular. So I told him today it is really hard for women to get "too muscular" and I would be toned and firmed but not so muscled to intimidate his manly-ness. He laughed at me, but I think he did feel better. I would suggest a heart to heart with the hubby about his concerns and your feelings.