Best Thing You EVER Ate?

Options

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Currently, there is a local mexican restraurant that has updated their menu to healthier options. Their grilled fish on salad is AWESOME! Other than that, I had a really exceptional meal at a french restraurant on our first wedding anniversary in Omaha - that's now 10 years ago so I don't remember exactly what ate but I know it was excellant. And I love the salad bar at Whole Foods - my salad, my way.
  • lizpirate
    lizpirate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time deciding the best thing I ate this WEEK, let alone ever. This week it's a tie between Mua Paa Kham Waan (Roast boar collar with garlic, coriander root, and thai chiles) and Bone Marrow Crostini.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni pizza, melty cheese, pepperoni holds the grease, real thin crust
    Sweatwater 420 IPA in a frosted glass.

Going to get one tonight. Thanks for reminding me!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Jerk Chicken in St Thomas .. It was amazing!! : )
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Lightly breaded halibut cheeks on a lemon garlic butter sauce.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Best dessert is something my mom makes .. its a Orange Dreamsicle cake with cream cheese icing .. So good!!!!
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Jasmine Blueberry Sorbet (Millcroft Inn, Caledon),
    Buttered Almond Cake (Knotty Pine, Cambridge)
    Bison Rib Steak (also at the Millcroft)
    there are too many yummy things in this world, that's my problem!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I went to a pizza parlor with my teachers and fellow students for an end of year celebration. I accidentally got given the wrong pizza. It was delicious. It had fried egg under the cheese. I could never quite recreate the flavor...
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    1. Fully cooked Brown Rice California sushi rolls. Only 80 calories per serving, good protein, 3 grams of fat. (Great lunch)

2. Organic Almond butter (unsalted) with All natural organic rasberry spread (or whatever organic fruit spread you choose) with a sliced up fresh banana. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: (great snack)

I couldn't just post one, lol But these so far are the best healthiest/nutritious meals I've had since being on my weight loss journey.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    a lamb shawarma from a restaurant called Dr. Kebab in Guam. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Gino's Pizza in East Hartford, CT I miss it so much 2nd runner up is a french vanilla coffee at dunkin donuts light and sweet of course
  • bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    wait, looking at your responses the best foods you ever ate are suppose to be the best HEALTHIEST food you ever ate right? lol oh well
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    timeforsomethingsweet Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oh how I love food!! Dont we all and thats what got us in trouble in the first place =D
    Best thing hands down was a homemade canolli from Italy!!!! SO GOOD
    Second runner up is bruscetta from Buca de Beppo...or anything from Fogo de Chao!! YUM
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Chicken in Black Bean sauce in Wembly, London. Have no idea where its located..went with family
  • shervonesf
    Options
    So many of my mom's meals :)
  • amandatredway3
    amandatredway3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...what was her name again?

Laughing Hysterically...

I would have to say pizza from a little whole in the wall place in NY.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Cow Fish, Charlotte NC

The Ahi-Tuni Tini app and the Salmon Strawberry Spinach Salad.........
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    There used to be a restaurant in Buckhead (an expenisve 'burb of Atlanta) called "The RoseHedge". I had a filet mignon on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach, a very nice glass of Cabernet, and good company (my wife and a product rep who was paying for the meal).
    Man, that was a good meal.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    A number of years ago we were in Hawaii and I had to play some business golf and leave my wife alone for the day. She went for a long beach walk and saw a menu posted for the Four Seasons resort on Maui. On the menu (posted on the beach below the resort) was macadamia encrusted mahi mahi which she thought about all day.

When I got back she asked if we could go. We didn't have reservations and had to wait almost two hours to get seated and when they brought the menu (no prices on the ladies menu) the mahi mahi wasn't there! It turns out the menu she saw was from the previous day. Needless to say, she was really disappointed.

Now MY menu did have prices and I thought that for those prices the chef might make an exception. The waitress asked the chef and he said that if we didn't mind waiting a little longer than normal that he would make it for her. This gave us time for one more drink than we normally would have had.

To this day, she swears this was the best thing SHE ever ate. I don't even remember what I had for dinner but I remember dessert as the best thing I ever ate. It was a banana hollowed out, filled with peanut butter, deep fried and served over vanilla ice cream and drizzled with honey. Mmmmmmmmmm.

To date it is the most I have ever spent on a meal. It was over $300 for the two of us but in this case I guess what they say is true, you get what you pay for! Great memory.