Best Thing You EVER Ate?

Options
12346»

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I also have a very close relationship with the Ahi Tuna from the Bonefish Grill :bigsmile:
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Recently it was the mac & cheese at Longhorn. Super rich, creamy and it had bacon. It was great comfort food after a very stressful moving day.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Resort restruant in Orlando Studios Florida. They had this small chocolate raspberry cake that I got during one of those birthday things the staff do. Best....cake....EVER.

And it wasnt breadlike like a normal cake. It was like a giant chocolate truffle
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    A number of years ago we were in Hawaii and I had to play some business golf and leave my wife alone for the day. She went for a long beach walk and saw a menu posted for the Four Seasons resort on Maui. On the menu (posted on the beach below the resort) was macadamia encrusted mahi mahi which she thought about all day.

When I got back she asked if we could go. We didn't have reservations and had to wait almost two hours to get seated and when they brought the menu (no prices on the ladies menu) the mahi mahi wasn't there! It turns out the menu she saw was from the previous day. Needless to say, she was really disappointed.

Now MY menu did have prices and I thought that for those prices the chef might make an exception. The waitress asked the chef and he said that if we didn't mind waiting a little longer than normal that he would make it for her. This gave us time for one more drink than we normally would have had.

To this day, she swears this was the best thing SHE ever ate. I don't even remember what I had for dinner but I remember dessert as the best thing I ever ate. It was a banana hollowed out, filled with peanut butter, deep fried and served over vanilla ice cream and drizzled with honey. Mmmmmmmmmm.

To date it is the most I have ever spent on a meal. It was over $300 for the two of us but in this case I guess what they say is true, you get what you pay for! Great memory.

that peanut butter filled, deep fried banana sounds like my kind of dessert! soooo a trip to Hawaii is in order?
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Lobster stuffed mushrooms! Not extravagant at all, but to die for!
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Lavash, hummus, and ezme at Bosphorous Turkish Kitchen in Lakeland, FL.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Filet Minon in Vegas
  • sailawaykate
    Options
    Had the absolute best black beans and rice with fresh cheese and homemade tortillas in Costa Rica. I still dream about it sometimes.
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The seafood platter at a local restaurant called Scallops that consisted of a rock lobster tail, 2 pounds of king crab legs, shrimp scampi, grilled scallops, baked potato, vegetable medley, PLUS - New England clam chowder and salad! YUMMMMMMMM! (Expensive but awesome!)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,569 Member
    Options
    We are talking food right?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Brick oven pizza from a small place on Daniel Island, SC.....BBQ ribs at the Montgomery Inn in Dublin, OH

....and my grandma's homemade creamed turkey over biscuits with mashed potatoes and any fruit pie that she wants to make..peach or raspberry are my fav...I also love a good fruit cheesecake or strawberry shortcake!!! The mac & cheese from Longhorn as someone already mentioned....
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    There is a place nearby that makes a filet mignon to DIE for. And has a salad bar to end all salad bars. I have to be careful to not eat too much from the bar or I can't eat the filet. :D
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Glad I ate lunch before I read this thread.

Tagliatelle alla boscaiola at a trattoria in Siena, Italy. Buonissime!
  • Adrini
    Adrini Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I spent my childhood in Montgomery AL and it was was the worst and best thing that ever happened to me. I was the daughter of two new england born military types (active duty USAF- serving the country) with all kinds of "liberal" ties and beliefs. For the whole of that time I was public enemy #1. I had to be killed or converted. Period, teachers, fellow students etc. Don't get me started on the actions of the "godly" churches. I would not be tolerated, somehow my yankee ancestors both won the war and were invading by visiting - even under orders. I don't think the south quite understands what "loosing" means. Needless to say when I got my chance I escaped. Still grateful that I learned how to survive, though. Learn a hell of alot in that hell hole.

However living in the trenches for that long I met people who blew my mind, amazing folks who taught me how to live in that hostile world and turn outside anger to inner strength and wisdom. I also got to grow up with southern bbq, which took my mind of everything else that got thrown at me when I needed it. I've been all over the country now, trying to find "home". Still never had anything to match that bbq.