Options
    No.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    If one more person makes a poop joke, I'm dung with you!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I find that the less I eat, the less I poop. Even if it's more fibrous and SHOULD help me go regularly.
  • chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Forgive me for posting the same advice on more than one thread; everyone seems to be poop-challenged around here today.

Flax seeds! In your smoothie, in your cereal, in your salad, in your spaghetti sauce ... little buggers go in everything. Do it!

Hemp hearts! Start slowly (don't give yourself thunderbutt) and work up to a couple of tbsp per day. I have 1-2 tbsp a day now, and for the first time in my life, I am going EVERY MORNING - in a normal fashion, not an angry bowel fashion.

Here is a digestive smoothie that might help you. Drink at night, and revel in the morning magic:

1 small banana
    1 small/medium pear
    3 mint leaves
    1-2 tsp liquid honey/maple syrup (your choice)
    1 tbsp hemp hearts
    1 cup water

Blend and serve. If you skip the honey/syrup, your tastebuds will punch you in the face.

Good luck!
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee, or go for a run. Even more fun would be to eat a buttload of chocolate. That'll get things going for sure.

"A buttload of chocolate"

BWHWHWHAHAHAHAHHAH

This totally made me laugh too!! :laugh: While I realize this is a serious topic... part of me is totally on giggle mode.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about this and came up with an idea. It's a pill that starts with the first letter of the alphabet........then two ls and ends with an i. Apparently when you take it you crap. a lot.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    > 1 Year Consecutive Logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    OP I bet you make that face in your profile pic when you're going #2 :P prune juice sounds naaaassty :(

Again... I was totally thinking this as well! Talk about perfect profile pic for the topic!! :laugh:
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Greatest. Thread. Ever.

These days, yes, that is the face I make while attempting my business. :sad:

Girls may not poop. But women do!!! :happy:

Thanks for the tips, y'all!!
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I take the Fibercon pills from Walmart,I eat salads pretty much daily Mon-Fri and I take a magnesium pill daily. I go very regularly. Like at least 3 times a day. I have never felt better. I noticed before the fiber pills I wasn't going and felt horrid. Now that is a thing of the past.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about this and came up with an idea. It's a pill that starts with the first letter of the alphabet........then two ls and ends with an i. Apparently when you take it you crap. a lot.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    > 1 Year Consecutive Logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

Hahaha. I wouldn't do that. There is a difference between being regular and regularly having pizza oil consistency fecal matter running down your legs. The reviews on Alli will make you laugh so hard you could end up needing to visit the toilet...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me in the past as well. I've decided that humans weren't meant to eat super "clean" all the time.

Nothing helps me go like gorging on a big, fatty meal. Everything seems to run better the day after I eat a huge hamburger or an entire pizza.

I don't know about everyone else, but my body likes me to occasionally binge on something that "clean" eaters would be horrified at.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fat in your diet? Fiber and hydration are good, but you need fats to poop, too.

QFT!

I can talk poop all day. Fiber, water, and FAT are essential to healthy, regular, bolus turds. Do not slack on the fat!
  • funbowlers
    funbowlers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do the milled flax seed and chia seeds...lots of fiber :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I can talk poop all day.

God I love this site.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Eating too much fiber does the opposite to me, as I have IBS-C and my colon doesn't process fiber very well...therefore, the more I eat, the more backed up I get.

You should look into IBS to see if you have it (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). However, if you do have it, I'm sorry for telling you! It took me about 10 years to realise what does and doesn't work for me. Now all of a sudden the poop side of things is going to opposite way! I'm hoping its a reaction to going off the pill....I really don't want to go through another 10 years of guessing!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that goes 2-3 times a day, at the same time everyday? I am clockwork when it comes to defecating.

thats too much. HOld it in and do one giant blast, like an evening avalanche or morning mudslide.

I call it a data dump or a core dump.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that goes 2-3 times a day, at the same time everyday? I am clockwork when it comes to defecating.

thats too much. HOld it in and do one giant blast, like an evening avalanche or morning mudslide.
    L
    M
    A
    O

ok this is the win of the day
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I eat clean too, but I had poop problems in the beginning as well. Have you tried a probiotic? That should help. I eat a lot of green veggies, take a fish oil supplement, and drink coffee daily. I am about to crap my pants nearly every morning when I'm done with my work out. Good luck!

OUUU cool
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Try incorporating some healthy oils (olive oil) should help slide things along.