Oatmeal or Honey Nut Cheerios with Soy Slender Soy Milk <3
  • computercarl
    computercarl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Eggs.
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I stick with plain Cheerios. I have very few trigger foods, and sugar cereal is at the top of the list. I can stop after a single piece of chocolate, but sugar cereal? I will fill a solo cup with cereal and overflowing with milk, then when the cereal runs out, i add more to the milk, then it needs more milk, and then more cereal. I can easily eat 2-3 big red solo cups full of cereal and milk that way, so that's like what...somewhere around 5 cups of cereal AND 5 cups of milk.. yeah so.. 1000 calories on cereal. my goodness. i admit i do miss my cinnamon toast crunch coco krispies corn pops frosted flakes, but I have let them go.

It's like we're twins or something. The only cereal I can eat without doing too much damage is rice krispies.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    758_136_ucp.jpg

count%20chocula%20original%20box.jpg
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Here are my favorites:

Cheerios
    Honey Nut Cheerios
    Quaker Oats, Honey & Almonds Natural Granola
    Quaker Oats oatmeal (maple and brown sugar)

I usually have oatmeal 5-6 times a week for breakfast with a banana and some other seasonable fruit (strawberries, 1/2 apple, plum, cutie). I have granola on Saturdays.

They changed their recipe for Quaker Oats maple and brown sugar so I bought as many as I could (about 1.5 years worth if I have it 5 times a week) of the classic recipe.
  • judydelo1
    judydelo1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Healthy cereal???

Is there such a thing??

I'd go with granola..

i don't like sugar in my cereal so that takes most of it off my menu.

PS.. total has a lot of otehr stuff in it.. it's not as healthy as you think.. maybe not every type of it.. but a bunch of it.

Granola is always sweetened with sugar or honey or something.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crunch, Honey Almond Flax!
    ...and Im devouring it right now!!!!
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options

Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax is very good as well, especially with Silk Almond or Silk Almond Unsweetend Vanilla.

oh my gosh, exactly what I was going to say.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    npa-890003.jpg
  • sweetpeaz12345
    sweetpeaz12345 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Shredded Wheat!!!!! yum yum in my tum :)
  • judydelo1
    judydelo1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Cascadian Farm Organic Purely O's - But I don't have it for breakfast. I have it occasionally as a snack treat because it and all cereal is processed and not that great for you.

Home made hot oatmeal rocks!
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    2 shredded wheat original (bisquits) with 1 c almond milk, 1 tbsp of raisins, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, with a pinch of nectresse, stevia or a couple of drops of agave or no sweetener. Good cold or heated up.
  • tntgal2
    tntgal2 Posts: 26
    Options
    Fiber One original. I top with almond milk, cinnamon,and a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder (for my daily chocolate fix).
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I used to like Special K Protein, but since I try and stay away from High Fructose Corn Syrup that cereal is now a no-go. I really like Uncle Sam Original. Its non-GMO, four simple ingredients: wheat flakes, whole flax, salt and barley malt. It has less than 1g sugar per serving and offers 10g of fiber and 7g of protein per serving! They now have one with strawberries, but I have never tried it. I have added dried cranberries to this one and its super yummy!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Either Rice Krispies or Cheerios :)
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, Cascadian Farms Organic Berry Cobbler Granola. :)
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there is any healthy cereal. I make my own gluten free, sugar free muesli/granola.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Healthy cereal???

Is there such a thing??

I'd go with granola..

i don't like sugar in my cereal so that takes most of it off my menu.

PS.. total has a lot of otehr stuff in it.. it's not as healthy as you think.. maybe not every type of it.. but a bunch of it.

Granola is always sweetened with sugar or honey or something.

If you make it yourself it doesn't have to be!
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Cracklin' Oat Bran - I don't know if it's actually healthy. It has lots of fiber and is a sweet treat for me, though.

I also like Raisin Bran Crunch, plain Cheerio's (especially with sliced banana!) and Frosted Mini Wheats. I know, it's frosted, but I eat sugar and am still losing weight. Not worried about it. It's a balance thing.

Side note - I rarely eat cereal for breakfast. It's usually my middle-of-the-night snack before I go to bed (I have a weird schedule).
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    We do coconut milk here (best, IMHO, is SO Delicious Unsweetened).