Story behind your username

Options

Replies

• Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    First name and the year my first son was born :)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    First college ice-breaker event: We were told we were attending a picnic and were asked to state our name and something we were bringing to the picnic that started with the same letter as our first name. I said "I'm Tom and I'm bringing tomatoes." I still remember the girl I paired up with. She was "Sue" who was bringing "salt".

I don't recall that particular icebreaker :wink:

Even though I use Susan, I prefer to be called Sue.
    Go figure...
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Pretty self explanatory. LOL.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    10 years ago I joined a website that was a forum for survivors of sexual abuse and I needed a screen name that was anonymous.

"icimani" is an Native American indian word that means traveler or long journey. I do love to travel and I knew, with the sexual abuse, that I was in for a long journey of healing so it just seems to fit.

I'm not Native American, but I do identify with a lot of their spiritual beliefs.
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    First college ice-breaker event: We were told we were attending a picnic and were asked to state our name and something we were bringing to the picnic that started with the same letter as our first name. I said "I'm Tom and I'm bringing tomatoes." I still remember the girl I paired up with. She was "Sue" who was bringing "salt".

Go figure...

I think you had partaken in some adult beverages prior to the icebreaker. :drinker:
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    Doc is a nickname and 800 was my event
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My name is Katy Crum.
    And I just reeeeeeeaaaaalllly like the number 69.:wink:
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have my own jewellery business named Bella-Bijou - so yeah, not very creative but was easy to remember at the time lol.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Does it need explanation?
  • blasdetejas
    blasdetejas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Blas and I'm from Texas :laugh:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

Go figure...

I think you had partaken in some adult beverages prior to the icebreaker. :drinker:

"Some" being the operative word.
    Still not sure how I made it thru nursing school in one piece...:huh:
  • bara_rei
    bara_rei Posts: 49
    Options
    I had a friend who was very into anime in high school and our freshman year she gave me the name BaraRei for our online gaming community. Its unique so I've been using it ever since. Supposedly it means Rose Spirit, but I actually have never checked. Anyone know?
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    People might think my user name is just a quote or an encouragement, but I wrote it when I was going through hard times (not with weight loss) and I tried to think positive so when I look at it I smile! :smile:
  • tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Lulah = After Tallulah Bankhead, one of my style icons.
    Bird = I have no idea where this came from.
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Nickname got it in highschool when I was at a party (way to drunk) and some guy asked me what my name was and instead of saying Jessica I said Sejica
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Psued- false/faux/fake
    onym- name/nomenclature
    ous - possessing/full of

Psuedonymous - having or using a false name

I am a person in possesion of a false name, at least online...
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    chm: beginning of my last name
    2616: part of a user log in from college

:bigsmile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Nickname got it in highschool when I was at a party (way to drunk) and some guy asked me what my name was and instead of saying Jessica I said Sejica

Oops...:embarassed:

Were you kneeling over a toilet bowl at the time??
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My username is based on the band from the Muppet Show named Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. (remember Animal?!) I was raised by hippie parents so naturally that was my favorite show :wink: When i used to play Rock Band and Guitar Hero that was the gaming nickname i came up with and it's stuck ever since.

e_zps54079724.jpg

ANIMAL!!!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: The characters in the band represent me in many ways....when i'm acting all cray cray i'm animal, when i'm feeling laid back and girly i'm Janice, back in High School i was more like Dr. Teeth at some parties :laugh:
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    No real reason, I just like the sound of the words "peach" and "figs" so put them together!