Bump
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump..this reconfirms that I understood the formula. Thanks for sharing!
  • MissesForrester
    MissesForrester Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plateau for 3 weeks. So i am giving this a try. Great post, makes a lot of sense!
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Going to save this for a later read...thanks
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    many thanks
  • kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sarah Beth -

If I were guessing, I'd pick moderate activity - very active from all I read seems like serious weight training and lifting where the exercise is for an extended amt of time per day - that is the "feel" I had from the posts I read reg activity level. You could always bounce this to the forum as well and get a consensus. Or, someone suggested this for me as well when I could not pick, you could take the TDEE from moderate and very active and average them - then you are sort of covering both.................my first inclination is moderate based on your descrip and the things I read online reg the definition of very active with HARD workouts for long amts of time per day.

Hope this helps.

Kristen
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LesaLu4
    LesaLu4 Posts: 83
    Options
    This is laid out so well. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.
  • kmcosgrove115
    Options
    Thanks guys - hoping it helps - once I understood the original post Dan did, I figured many others might be in the same boat. I check it periodically to see if anyone has questions and I think the "bumps" every now and then help others who may not have seen it the 1st go around.....................Happy Easter all!
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Sarah Beth -

If I were guessing, I'd pick moderate activity - very active from all I read seems like serious weight training and lifting where the exercise is for an extended amt of time per day - that is the "feel" I had from the posts I read reg activity level. You could always bounce this to the forum as well and get a consensus. Or, someone suggested this for me as well when I could not pick, you could take the TDEE from moderate and very active and average them - then you are sort of covering both.................my first inclination is moderate based on your descrip and the things I read online reg the definition of very active with HARD workouts for long amts of time per day.

Hope this helps.

Kristen

Kristen, yes!! This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. THANK YOU!! I had set my activity already based on "moderate" because I hemmed and hawed and figured it was closer to what I was doing for activity. Glad I was right with my instinct, and that you could confirm that. :smile: Thanks again!
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later
  • kmcosgrove115
    Options
    Sarah Beth -

Let me know how it goes - I think that level really sounds like a match for you. Good luck!

Kristen
  • VLP78
    VLP78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ritalef
    ritalef Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    read
  • gmhvin
    gmhvin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    saving for later, thanks
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    bump
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    no, sorry. my rmr is only 970. bmr just almost 1100.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I haven't even finished reading it all and I want to bump it to keep it. Thanks for a sharing!!
  • newbeg1ning
    newbeg1ning Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks!